Bad news for the Dolphins

Maxman

Just come back after the Jets beat the piss outta the Dolphins. I think Miamia is closer to the Bills then the Steelers so..... It's gonna be ugly for you guys.

I'm honestly not sure; we're #2 in the run AND run defense so far so Sanchez is going to have to beat us through the air to even be in this contest at all. Let's face it though; if Houston could not stop Bush then you guys aren't either and that's all Tannehill needs to build up some confidence. I agree with a lot of you here and don't think that he should be starting BUT he does show a lot of poise and he's throwing beautiful passes. You guys will pick him off this week though and that may be the story of the ballgame.

I know something that you guys don't though and that's Tony Sparano loves to play ultra-conservative football even when millions of viewers know that he's giving away the game. He micromanaged Henne to the point where he was almost unsalvageable and I'm afraid that he's only going to make Sanchez worse over time, not better. I'm not saying this because you're a division rival either....the guy is really just that unbelievable. For that reason alone, I think that your team will walk in overconfident thinking that they know everything there is to know about Miami and it's going to be a rude awakening about your offensive coordinator.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm honestly not sure; we're #2 in the run AND run defense so far so Sanchez is going to have to beat us through the air to even be in this contest at all. Let's face it though; if Houston could not stop Bush then you guys aren't either and that's all Tannehill needs to build up some confidence. I agree with a lot of you here and don't think that he should be starting BUT he does show a lot of poise and he's throwing beautiful passes. You guys will pick him off this week though and that may be the story of the ballgame.

I know something that you guys don't though and that's Tony Sparano loves to play ultra-conservative football even when millions of viewers know that he's giving away the game. He micromanaged Henne to the point where he was almost unsalvageable and I'm afraid that he's only going to make Sanchez worse over time, not better. I'm not saying this because you're a division rival either....the guy is really just that unbelievable. For that reason alone, I think that your team will walk in overconfident thinking that they know everything there is to know about Miami and it's going to be a rude awakening about your offensive coordinator.

I dont. Not after the way our season ended last year in Miami. No way. Plus, Tony S. has a chip on his shoulder. He wants to pound that franchise into the dirt. Plus, they are coming off a loss that clearly frustrated the snot out of Rex. Tannenhill is going to look lost out there. Book it.

I expect a very intense and focused Jets team to literally beat the ever living sh*t out of the Dolphags, and I never pick the Jets to win. lol

Let's face it though; if Houston could not stop Bush then you guys aren't either

He had 69 yards on 14 carries with 6 catches for 46, 0 TD's and a fumble. Very good day against a defense but not "unstoppable", and for all that effort, the offense only scored 10 points.

Much like against Houston, Miami couldn't afford to run after falling behind. I expect that's what will happen on Sunday.

For that reason alone, I think that your team will walk in overconfident thinking that they know everything there is to know about Miami and it's going to be a rude awakening about your offensive coordinator.

Sparano was one of the biggest reasons the Dolphins had success against the Jets under Rex, so I can't see how him being the Jets OC rather than the Dolphins HC isn't a net gain for us.

Not to mention, Miami's defense scares no one. Sure, you've got Cameron Wake and a few other good players, but now that the Jets pass protection is pretty much fixed, you're not going to dominate at the point of attack like you did in Week 17 last year.

Jets have no business feeling overconfident about anything after the Steeler game. I just don't think that's going to be the case at all. I think they come into Miami hungry - especially a defense that's hearing a lot of noise about being unable to tackle. The focus is going to be on Miami's #2 (lol) rushing attack, and forcing Tannehill to try to beat them thru the air.

As for the Sparano/Sanchez thing, so far you're off the mark. Schottenheimer already had Sanchez in a shell. Two games in, and Sparano has him throwing a lot more downfield. It's all relative. Sparano may be ultraconservative, but he's been aggressive compared to what the Jets had.

I think it's a pretty big assumption that the Jets run D won't be able to do anything against Bush just because the Texan's couldn't. After all, these are the same Jets who just last week held the Steelers to under 2.6 yards per carry. Even in the Bills game, outside of Spiller's one big TD run, the Jets shut down the run until they backed off in the fourth quarter, playing all pass and daring Buffalo to run. Don't get me wrong, that's not to say I think they'll completely shut Bush down, but that doesn't mean he'll run all over them, and don't think for a second the run won't be their primary focus (more so than against Buffalo or Pittsburgh) until Tannehill gives them any reason to do otherwise.

As far as Sparano goes, I think that's a wait and see scenario. History tells us a lot of guys are completely different as head coaches than they are as coordinators, so we'll have to see. After all, Sparano was never calling the plays himself his time in Miami (at least not as far as I've ever known) and while Sunday was certainly a mess for the Jets, I don't think you can question the Jets aggressiveness in their match-up against the Bills too much. They had more big passes in that game than all of last season. So who knows, I certainly wasn't in love with the hiring, but it's way too early to tell.

He had 69 yards on 14 carries with 6 catches for 46, 0 TD's and a fumble. Very good day against a defense but not "unstoppable", and for all that effort, the offense only scored 10 points.

Much like against Houston, Miami couldn't afford to run after falling behind. I expect that's what will happen on Sunday.

Okay, so we discount the way Tannehill/Bush played in game two but we call the Jets game 2 a total fluke? It doesn't work that way. We lost game 1 due to tipped passed at the line of scrimmage....a quickly identifiable, and fixable, issue which we saw in week 2. The Jets lost last week due to a number of issues; dropped passes, poor tackling, questionable play calling...that's a lot harder to fix in seven days.

Sparano was one of the biggest reasons the Dolphins had success against the Jets under Rex, so I can't see how him being the Jets OC rather than the Dolphins HC isn't a net gain for us.

Hmm. With Sparano at the helm last season, you beat us 24-6. Once he was fired though and you were playing for a playoff slot in week 17, we won the game 19-17 and it was really not that close of a contest. That logic is a little flawed.

As for the Sparano/Sanchez thing, so far you're off the mark. Schottenheimer already had Sanchez in a shell. Two games in, and Sparano has him throwing a lot more downfield. It's all relative. Sparano may be ultraconservative, but he's been aggressive compared to what the Jets had.

Sparano is very aggressive in the 1st half (especially the opening drive) but he has a tendency to shut-down an offense with even the smallest of leads. Now, you've only seen him for two games so you haven't seen the pattern form yet; I'm talking from 4 years of experience though and I can promise you it wasn't pleasant. Besides, regardless of what Shottenheimer did or didn't do, it's Sparano calling the plays now and he has a knack for driving the ball 80 yards and then running it on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd down before his team assumes the victory field goal formation.

Trust me; I'm not mocking you here because I feel your upcoming frustrations. Here's a stat for you to chew on; Miami was 6-10 last season, yet we led in the 4th quarter in 7 of those 10 losses. In the games we lost (including the two first-half shutouts against New England and Denver), we went from moving the ball with ease through the air to 90% running in order to run out remaining 30 minute the clock. In other words, we COMPLETELY ABANDONED what was clearly working to give away the victory. On the few plays we did pass, there were defenders calling out the receiver's routes before the ball was even snapped....it's absolutely mind-boggling how incompetent Sparano is.

I dont. Not after the way our season ended last year in Miami. No way. Plus, Tony S. has a chip on his shoulder. He wants to pound that franchise into the dirt. Plus, they are coming off a loss that clearly frustrated the snot out of Rex. Tannenhill is going to look lost out there. Book it.

I expect a very intense and focused Jets team to literally beat the ever living sh*t out of the Dolphags, and I never pick the Jets to win. lol

I think this might actually be my biggest concern about the Jets chances in this game.

gaydolphinsmall.jpg

Hey, I remeber this little Nancy boy.

just to keep the record straight, Marino didn't leave. He was FORCED out by Jimmy Johnson..BWAHAHAHAHA

Yeah, cause after 18 years in the NFL, retirement isn't an option and somebody has to be "forced" out?

Thank god.....Now there will be no excuse after we beat you.

Word, B. Took the words out of my mouth.

I'm going to stick around; I'm a big Tebow fan and I absolutely despise Sparano so I figured what the heck.

Don't forget to sneak into the moderators lounge and hide their dildos. They get so upset on "Freaky Friday" when they can't find their toys.

Archived