That's the great defense?

JFtoLong

Yes, Revis was missed, but that is not a big time defense at all.

For as much as they have ignores the offense, you would expect a dominant defense.

Mediocre defense, below average offense.

Mediocre football team.

I do not want to overreact after one game, but I seriously question the direction Rex has taken this team in.

That Non attempt to get points before the half with two To's, is for a big time defense, not that defense.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, Revis was missed, but that is not a big time defense at all.

For as much as they have ignores the offense, you would expect a dominant defense.

Mediocre defense, below average offense.

Mediocre football team.

I do not want to overreact after one game, but I seriously question the direction Rex has taken this team in.

That Non attempt to get points before the half with two To's, is for a big time defense, not that defense.

Our defense basically revolves around Revis, so of course are defense wasn't gonna be that great.

Our defense basically revolves around Revis, so of course are defense wasn't gonna be that great.

The Steelers lost 2 linemen in Week 1, when Denver knocked Big Ben around all game. The fact that we couldn't generate much of pass-rush or bring Ben down when we had the chance hurt us a ton, Revis or no Revis.

Look. It was a bad loss. If it occured at the Meadowlands I could be more worried but at Heinz field, it was going to be a tough road to how. I think we saw how slow our LBs are. However, silver lining...Garrett McIntyre showed up big time with 2 sacks..!

The Jets D-Line have a lot of growing up to do, if it happens sooner than later we will be ok later in the season, LB speed is a big problem the quicker Davis gets on the field, and plays good the better. Don't forget both our starting safety's are playing in a brand new complicated defense, and that is slowing the D down a little to.

I think come mid season with everyone healthy, and caught up in the scheme this D will be light years better.

The defense was better than the final score. They kept the team in the game despite the fact that the offense was a pee wee football offense from the mid 2nd quarter onward. JMO, but I do think that people vastly overrate what we have on defense. Its a good but not great defense. We have two great corners, some good pieces and a great DC as a head coach, but its been a bend but dont break defense for a few years now. They need an offense to be effective. They arent a snuff you out team that lets you win 7-3. You can win 20-17, which is still very good, but you need a pulse on offense. On the bright side the Jets offense cant be much worse than it was today. The biggest problem with the defense is that they still believe the press clippings that were from 2009 rather than being told to look in the mirror by the head coach and see what they are now. They cant afford the kind of missed tackles and poor attempts at a sack we saw today.

Not saying the defense is elite, but they're plenty good. I'm watching the Niners defense right now and their ability to get to the QB is sick. That's always the great equalizer.

theyre the best team in football

if the Jets lose next week the season is dead...SF is going to mollywhop this team

I wasn't impressed with the defense today. Pittsburgh scored on 3 of their 4 first half possessions, even if two of those scores were FGs. D wasn't solid from the get-go. They weren't good on third down and it got worse as the game wore on and they got more tired. They couldn't tackle in space and failed at getting to the QB.

Nothing about this defense said "elite" today.

The defense sucked today, as did the offense. The difference is we ignore the offense so it's supposed to suck. But, the defense is supposed to be great.

They have no pass rush, they can't tackle, and they cannot cover a TE or a back.

This is not a big time defense.

Jets missed 3 critical sacks, one was that 3rd-16 that went for a bullsh*t throw it up for grabs TD. If they wrap up Big Ben on those plays different ball game. That 3rd-4 they should of had him he got away then threw a little dunk pass for a first down then a TD. I,m gonna cut Sanchez some slack, dropped balls,wrong routes&Holmes sucks! Time to cut ties with this failed experiment. Gotta beat Miami,stop Reggie Bush.

the best defender in football was out, it wasn't the same defense. And even with all that 20 points given up on the road is about right. the offense couldn't keep pace.

The offense couldn't get on the field. The defense could have gotten off the field multiple times and failed. Neither facet was particular good today.

The Jets D-Line have a lot of growing up to do, if it happens sooner than later we will be ok later in the season, LB speed is a big problem the quicker Davis gets on the field, and plays good the better. Don't forget both our starting safety's are playing in a brand new complicated defense, and that is slowing the D down a little to.

I think come mid season with everyone healthy, and caught up in the scheme this D will be light years better.

Pouha and Devito are above average as middle cloggers and run stopper.

We get nothing from any end-not Coples, not Wilkerson. Our LBs utterly suck balls. The cannot cover a back nor a TE, and when they bltiz they either don't get there or blow the tackle. the tackling today was as bad as it's ever been. With or without Revis Pittsburgh on the road is a tough one. But the defense simply wasn't very good.

The way we have played the last 6 quarters on defense at this point I would be happy if we are a Top 10 defense by end of the season. This was pretty pathetic!

After today's performance I won't be surprised if Revis holds out next season. Because without him the defense coached by the best defensive coach in the league looked mucho pedesterian!

The offense couldn't get on the field. The defense could have gotten off the field multiple times and failed. Neither facet was particular good today.

We hear about "good Cro" and "bad Cro" we got Good Cro week 1 with a pick 6 and today was bad Cro. But it's still a good defense. Just hope good Cro shows up.

Archived