NHL Lockout .

GATA

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's absurd didn't they lose profit last time they locked out ?

Last time the players gave them everything they wanted, and the players were willing to keep the current CBA in place.

This time, the owners are just greedy friggin pigs!*

*Read Ugly Vaginas!

Whatever keeps it from interrupting my sportscenter the better. And hockey fans aren't totally out of luck. The WWE is still on. All of the fighting, no ice, and the IQ level of the fans doesn't change!

Wow. Sweeping generalizations much? I'm a hockey fan and I'm sure my IQ level is well above average. Some hockey player bang out your old lady and get you down, bud?

Wow. Sweeping generalizations much? I'm a hockey fan and I'm sure my IQ level is well above average. Some hockey player bang out your old lady and get you down, bud?

Sweeping generalization? I think not. There is a semi pro hockey team (Sun Dogs) here in Northern Arizona. An affiliate of the Coyotes. My boss bought us tickets, so I went. The game/match/whatever you call what happened ended in a 1-1 tie. Be still my heart. The high point of the evening was the staged fight at the beginning of the third period where the Hanson brothers from each team skated out on the ice, threw down their gloves, grabbed each others shirts and punched at each other like the worst grade school fight I have ever seen. Of course the crowd went wild, and sales of Bud Light spiked at the concession booths.

Dude, there is a reason ESPN gives prime programming slots to Nascar over the NHL If you're intelligent as you claim to be this shouldn't be tough to figure out.

Sweeping generalization? I think not. There is a semi pro hockey team (Sun Dogs) here in Northern Arizona. An affiliate of the Coyotes. My boss bought us tickets, so I went. The game/match/whatever you call what happened ended in a 1-1 tie. Be still my heart. The high point of the evening was the staged fight at the beginning of the third period where the Hanson brothers from each team skated out on the ice, threw down their gloves, grabbed each others shirts and punched at each other like the worst grade school fight I have ever seen. Of course the crowd went wild, and sales of Bud Light spiked at the concession booths.

Dude, there is a reason ESPN gives prime programming slots to Nascar over the NHL If you're intelligent as you claim to be this shouldn't be tough to figure out.

:face:

Whatever keeps it from interrupting my sportscenter the better. And hockey fans aren't totally out of luck. The WWE is still on. All of the fighting, no ice, and the IQ level of the fans doesn't change!

this is true, anyone who gets mad at this post is a mouth breathing, booger picking hockey fan

I don't even know where to begin. Why don't we just go with the old adage, "If you don't have anything nice to say, just shut up." It's your right to not like hockey and that is fine, but why then interject about something you could care less about? Seems silly and childish.

Dismisses making sweeping generalization.

Immediately makes sweeping generalization.

Kovy looks horrible in those colors.

Looks like he picked up a swag Rangers' jersey.

Bettman is a frickin' tool.

Move Phoenix to Quebec and the Islanders to Brooklyn. Explore a moving struggling team or teams to the Toronto suburb of Hamilton, Portland or Seattle and may be Hartford. Quit screwing around with markets like Phoenix that will not support hockey. And if you cannot make a go of it there or elsewhere close up some franchises.

Move Phoenix to Quebec and the Islanders to Brooklyn. Explore a moving struggling team or teams to the Toronto suburb of Hamilton, Portland or Seattle and may be Hartford. Quit screwing around with markets like Phoenix that will not support hockey. And if you cannot make a go of it there or elsewhere close up some franchises.

You know how many times me & my cousin have had this argument.

tumblr_m41811Gbfc1r1io7p.gif

You know how many times me & my cousin have had this argument.

tumblr_m41811Gbfc1r1io7p.gif

I'm a Rangers fan, but a strong team across the river works for everyone. All 3 local teams are on MSG. And it beats the hell out of the huge travel bills for all the local teams if the Isles moved elsewhere.

Ovechkin says if they are going to cut his salary in the NHL, he's going to stay in the KHL.

NHL owners = clown car.

what is the KHL?

i hope he stays there if he's going to lay down a threat like that. Dude should be glad he's getting paid to play a sport to begin with.

The NHL and the KHL have an agreement to honor the contracts of each. Ovechkin has no choice in the matter if they strike a deal.

I dunno-the Nashville/Radulov mess made that contract agreement less...special. Also Bettman-stupidly-has made noise about not having NHL players not be available for the 2014 Olympics in Russia. That also doesn't make the KHL inclined to care about the NHL's contract rights.

I've said decent things about the Islanders and Russians in the same thread. Start the goddamn season already.

Sweeping generalization - Example: What the F**K does someone from Arizona know about hockey???

Billy you're a good guy from the football board, and I know everyone has their sports they like and don't like. You'll never get me in a NBA game, period. Everyone is different, but I will offer you this. If you ever come to Detroit during the hockey season (My sympathies if you do), I will take you to a game. I guarantee that despite the lack of care for hockey, you will be entertained and you will come out of there having had a good time. NHL-level hockey is simply great to watch in my humble opinion and there is nothing like the flow, action, pace and hitting of a good hockey game.

Phoenix to Quebec Im cool with. I went to a game in Phoenix back in March. Place was half full. Could walk around the upper bowl and get a seat pretty much where I wanted... got seats for 10 bucks on stubhub... thing that annoyed me the most is how hockey-dumb the fans were. They were trying their best, but they really didnt get it... the little things that make hockey great was completely lost on them. It was a beautiful arena in a nice shopping mall, but 12,400+ fan average isnt good enough.

Im pissed at Ratner for not designing the Barclays center to better fit hockey. the capacity is 14,500 for hockey and that just isnt good enough as they will have to have the highest ticket price to compensate for less seats.

Its going to suck playing there as the Isles will not be allowed to leave Long Island. As much as I love the Isles, either they or the Devils need to move out of the area... or both. its just not working... and since the devils have that nice new shiny arena i dont think they are going anywhere.

I would not suggest moving a team to Hartford, as the market wont be able to support a team since they are squeezed between the rangers & bruins.

Seattle would be interesting (especially with their new arena?) since they have a WHL team with decent attendance (4200- seats about 6200+) but will that translate to fans supporting an NHL team for years?? who knows..Portland does even better with attendance (6075, with 10,000+ capacity) but again... will they support it?

Biggest problem for hockey is the game itself. Too many fans cant relate to it or truly understand it. And with the ridiculous ticket prices, who is going to go to a game for $50+ and not really "get it" thats why Im all for moving teams to Canada to areas where it will be supported properly.

Archived