Gardner Signed -

FoxJet

Good job YJF--well put...Can't add anything more.

I'd like to give my write up on him, but it seems all mine and Bits work for 1 team is missing :twisted:

Don't worry Bit, I don't think anyone outside of Drew Carey will miss our writeups for that franschise :P

I was waiting for somebody to address the depth issue.

This was a very good signing by the Jets.

AGREED

Gardner is 28 Years old and he can ball ... was once a pretty good linebacker in Philly, before he signed with the dreadful Browns via free agency ... don't be surprised if he challenges Hobson and Brown for that starting SLB Job

At the very least this is Quality "Young" depth ... and he'll play some linebacker even if he doesn't start ... at the very least he'll be a rotational guy

Jets add LB depth: The club gave former Browns linebacker Barry Gardner a five-year deal for around $5 million. There are incentives in the deal that could make it significantly more if he gets a chance to start.

Is this guy and OLB or ILB? Funny, I've heard of him before, thought he played in the Illadelph, but from the looks of it, doesn't really seem to be a starter. Possibly could start over Hobson maybe?

This was a typical Patriots move

Gardner is not flashy, but he's a tough SOB who plays physical and plays hard

He can play ILB or SLB

I think you'll see him mount a serious challenge for the SLB Job ... three-way competition between Hobson, Brown, and Gardner ... and even if he loses that battle he'll get on the field as a linebacker in an occasional rotation {always has}, and when he does he'll play well tough and he'll play well

Typical Patriots move here ... not flashy, but a tough linebacker on the cheap

Barton-Vilma-Gardner-Hobson

Nice 4 LB rotation.

3-4 switch?

Abe-Robertson-Ellis

Comeon, we can dream can't we? :wink:

124, when we go to the 3-4 I think it will look like this .....

DE Lance Legree

DT DeWayne Robertson

DE Shaun Ellis

===============

OLB John Abraham

ILB Jon Vilma

ILB Barry Gardner {or Sam Cowart if he's still here?}

OLB Eric Barton

Abe would shift to OLB in the 3-4 cause to place him at DE would neutralize his speed and he would get mauled ... he would be better used an an edge-rusher from OLB

DE Lance Legree

DT DeWayne Robertson

DE Shaun Ellis

===============

OLB John Abraham

ILB Jon Vilma

OLB Eric Barton

Abe would shift to OLB in the 3-4 cause to place him at DE would neutralize his speed and he would get mauled ... he would be better used an an edge-rusher from OLB

ALMOST RIGHT

DE BRIAN THOMAS OR JOHN ABRAHAM

DT DeWayne Robertson

DE Shaun Ellis

===============================

OLB John Abraham OR VICTOR HOBSON

ILB Jon Vilma

OLB Eric Barton

This was a typical Patriots move

Gardner is not flashy, but he's a tough SOB who plays physical and plays hard

He can play ILB or SLB

I think you'll see him mount a serious challenge for the SLB Job ... three-way competition between Hobson, Brown, and Gardner ... and even if he loses that battle he'll get on the field as a linebacker in an occasional rotation {always has}, and when he does he'll play well tough and he'll play well

Typical Patriots move here ... not flashy, but a tough linebacker on the cheap

Exactly Hammer.

I find it funny that Jet fans are not content unless they make a big splash signing of a player who they claim will be a Pro Bowl player (which is every single one).

You don't have to start in the NFL to make important contributions on game day.

Gardner gives the Jets great flexibility and added depth.

Great signing.

DE Lance Legree

DT DeWayne Robertson

DE Shaun Ellis

===============

OLB John Abraham

ILB Jon Vilma

OLB Eric Barton

i like that look ..would be pretty impressive..

PutsFagTx:

Youre not fooling anyone, you freaking Tool. Look a few posts up to your usual jackass comment.

Go find a patriots board.

Hey A-Hole, go back to the other board with all your kiddie friends.

You'll be more comfortable with the intelect level over there.

Dumbass.

Sam Cowart could be dealt here or cut later on.

That's why Gardner was signed. He's a special teams guy who can start outside and inside.

Gives The Jets some depth at two different positions.

With Mark Brown and Darrell McClover as capable young backups behind Barton and Hobson. The Jets needed another guy inside. That's why, They signed Gardner.

I'll be interested to see how The Jets play this. The best under the radar linebacker right now on the market is Rams OLB Tommy Polley.

Problem with Polley is that he's a smallish linebacker who really stinks against the run. He has to be in a Cover 2 type system. The departure of Lovie Smith hurt him. He's not suited for a Jets type defense. So that's why they went with Gardner.

If The Jets are willing to trade Cowart. They might get something for him especially with all these teams going to 3-4's.

Problem is how The Jets absorb a cap hit if they trade Cowart. That leads me to believe that he could be cut in June.

Sam Cowart could be dealt here or cut later on.

That's why Gardner was signed. He's a special teams guy who can start outside and inside.

Gives The Jets some depth at two different positions.

With Mark Brown and Darrell McClover as capable young backups behind Barton and Hobson. The Jets needed another guy inside. That's why, They signed Gardner.

I'll be interested to see how The Jets play this. The best under the radar linebacker right now on the market is Rams OLB Tommy Polley.

Problem with Polley is that he's a smallish linebacker who really stinks against the run. He has to be in a Cover 2 type system. The departure of Lovie Smith hurt him. He's not suited for a Jets type defense. So that's why they went with Gardner.

If The Jets are willing to trade Cowart. They might get something for him especially with all these teams going to 3-4's.

Problem is how The Jets absorb a cap hit if they trade Cowart. That leads me to believe that he could be cut in June.

Any chance we could deal Cowart to the Ravens? Isn't Hartwell gone? Could this be a possibility?

It's possible JetsFan.

If I was going to a 3-4. Sam Cowart would be a nice pickup at MLB. I think, there will be teams looking at him.

Maybe even The Patriots.

The Jets may just cut ties with Cowart. I don't know the cap ramifications if they trade him.

They could get something for him but teams might just wait for The Jets to cut him rather than give up a draft pick.

[quote name='"PatsFanTX

I find it funny that Jet fans are not content unless they make a big splash signing of a player who they claim will be a Pro Bowl player (which is every single one).

Great signing.[/quote']

Can we change that to "I find it funny that SOME Jet fans.."

Good honest anyalisis TX

[quote name='"PatsFanTX

Great signing.[/quote']

Can we change that to "I find it funny that SOME Jet fans.."

Good honest anyalisis TX

My bad SoFla.

You are correct with the word "some".

Hey A-Hole, go back to the other board with all your kiddie friends.

You'll be more comfortable with the intelect level over there.

Dumbass.

What do you know, PutsFag finally grew a set and responded to a post calling him out.

You still suck!!

Get a job you ignorant inbred homo

Archived