Dan Reeves Job Description From Bob McNair

PatsFanTX

1) Short list of 3 Head Coach candidates

2) Short list of 3 GM candidates

3) Should I pay David Carr an $8 mil signing bonus in March or waive his a**

4) Review the films, give me the names of all the deadwood I need to get rid of

5) What should I do with the #1 draft pick

This was a great move by the Texans.

McNair has always stated that he is not a "day-to-day" operations owner and does not get involved in team details.

He will receive great input from Dan Reeves. This move is almost a certainty that Dom Capers and Charlie Casserley will be gone.

If Woody Johnson really cared about the Jets franchise, he's hire a consultant like the Texans did and make the tough decisions.

If Woody Johnson really cared about the Jets franchise, he's hire a consultant like the Texans did and make the tough decisions.

I agree with you. A football guy making the high level football decisions. I can not knock that.

Good move by Housten. I have been sending e-mails to Woody through the Jets home page off and on for two years urging Woody to hire a real football man to be his consultant or GM. I doubt if Woody ever gets to see them.

Anyway Ron Wolf wants to get back into the NFL. Wolf was with the Jets as a talent evaluator under Dick Steinberg before he went to Green Bay as GM. He built their SB team. Woody has a chance to get a real pro to advise him, be the GM or both. He hired a clock manager for Herm. Why not a adviser for himself. Woody, please throw some money at Wolf and make him the GM NOW!

Good move by Housten. I have been sending e-mails to Woody through the Jets home page off and on for two years urging Woody to hire a real football man to be his consultant or GM. I doubt if Woody ever gets to see them.

Anyway Ron Wolf wants to get back into the NFL. Wolf was with the Jets as a talent evaluator under d!ck Steinberg before he went to Green Bay as GM. He built their SB team. Woody has a chance to get a real pro to advise him, be the GM or both. He hired a clock manager for Herm. Why not a adviser for himself. Woody, please throw some money at Wolf and make him the GM NOW!

Not sure if Wolf wants to be a GM again. But he would make a great advisor. Big picture stuff. Let him pick the new GM!

Not sure if Wolf wants to be a GM again. But he would make a great advisor. Big picture stuff. Let him pick the new GM!

The last rumor I heard is that he wants to be a GM. I believe he is sixty-five years old, so it is also possible he doesn't want a full time GM job. The fact is he is considered to be a top evaluator of talent. Woody is in a win, win situation if he brings Wolf in as a GM or Consultant. But does Woody have the balls to go get him?

Archived