Sign in to follow this  
gsnts725

Jets Release OLB Bryan Thomas

Sapp could have changed the entire history of this team, that draft is still a failure of epic proportions. Why did we trade Hugh Douglas again?? I remember him having a great start to his career then he was gone to the Iggles.

We traded Hugh Douglas because of Bill ****ing Parcells that below the belt bellied mother****er didn't like Douglas and then he spent the rest of his time here begging for a pass rusher.

We traded Hugh Douglas because of Bill ****ing Parcells that below the belt bellied mother****er didn't like Douglas and then he spent the rest of his time here begging for a pass rusher.

Yeah, it's amazing that the Parcells Jets were able to recover.

Didn't B Thomas give a teary eyed speech to the locker room before the opener this year that got the team fired up? Anyone else hear this?

Anyway pretty surprised to see him cut altho it was a pretty much guarantee after this season

Didn't B Thomas give a teary eyed speech to the locker room before the opener this year that got the team fired up? Anyone else hear this?

Anyway pretty surprised to see him cut altho it was a pretty much guarantee after this season

He'll probably be resigned in a week or two, as his contract is guaranteed this season anyway.

BY MANISH MEHTA

In a surprising move, the Jets released outside linebacker Bryan Thomas on Saturday. However, there is a good chance that the 33-year-old Thomas, who had been the team’s longest-tenured player, will re-sign with the Jets next week, according to sources.

Whats the point of releasing him, if his contract was guaranteed, and he is expected back next week?

They needed the room to bring up Fletcher with Lankster questionable and Revis just coming back. They're betting no one grabs him.

Rigor Mortis catches us all, but it caught Bryan Thomas first!

He's been consistently injured the last two years, and is clearly washed-up. An aged player who hasn't made a play in ages.

Looks like journeyman Garrett McIntyre played himself into the lineup after 5 years in the NFL?

BD

Edited by BlackDynamite

Not an unpredictable move considering the direction the D is going. He's probably even slower than Scott right now. Pace is just plain better as the old guy DE/OLB.

I'm ready to see more of Davis and McIntyre, who'll probably get the most snaps. The D needs the speed behind the DL.

Speed kills ... Offenses!!!!!!

Edited by FloridaJetsFan

this would be a great drinking game....name a jet....name the hall of famer they shouldve drafted who went a few spots after .........be miserable

ill go first....kyle brady

Dan Marino

Maybe we could make this an acid test party? Drinking to this game could be really bad combination.

Edited by BleedGreen314

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/15922/bryan-thomas-expected-to-return

Bryan Thomas expected to return

By Rich Cimini

If the Jets really wanted to move on from Bryan Thomas, they would've done it in the offseason, when he was a free agent -- a 33-year-old linebacker coming off Achilles-tendon and shoulder surgeries.

But they didn't. They re-signed Thomas, a former first-round pick and longtime starter, to a one-year, $990,000 contract in March. I remember having a conversation with Thomas in late May, and he told me he was touched the organization stuck by him even as he was rehabbing from the operations.

"The organization has been wonderful," Thomas said at the time. "For them to re-sign me in this situation, I was truly grateful. They could've said, 'Go.'"

Technically, Thomas is free to go after being released Saturday, but does this sound like someone who wants to leave the only NFL team he's ever known? Hardly. Barring something totally unforeseen, he will re-sign with the Jets on Monday or Tuesday. (Besides, does anyone think they'd eat the $761,765 remaining on his $925,000 base salary?)

This move was all about roster management. Down to four cornerbacks with Ellis Lankster (back) out of Sunday's game, the Jets wanted to sign DB Donnie Fletcher from the practice squad to give them an extra pair of legs to help them against the 90-degree heat and the Dolphins' hurry-up offense. Thomas, plagued by a hamstring injury, wasn't going to play anyway, so they released him and promoted Fletcher.

Thomas doesn't lose any money; his entire salary is guaranteed as a vested veteran. He just spends two or three days in limbo. Sure, he can listen if another team calls, but it's highly unlikely he'd leave. The Jets were loyal to him, and he'll be loyal to them.

Edited by gsnts725

For a million bucks it's dumb to let him really walk. TBH the money tied up in a couple other spots are the real issue. You could do far worse than BT as ---depth--- Key problem is that he starts Welp in about ten years maybe we will be good.

oh that dummy tanny. he gets a DB on the roster, and cuts a guy who won't lose any money, wasn't going to play anyway, and will more than likely come back.

guess he should have gone down there shorthanded

wait, what ?

oh that dummy tanny. he gets a DB on the roster, and cuts a guy who won't lose any money, wasn't going to play anyway, and will more than likely come back.

guess he should have gone down there shorthanded

wait, what ?

Were you responding to me? If so that's not what I meant or believe I said. I am saying that keeping BT should be in depth mode and our money is tied up way too much elsewhere

He is a solid servicable pro. He never lived up to the hype of being a #1, and he had that whole nonsense with losing weight in his rookie season.A lesser guy would've been a total bust. Instead Thomas worked his way into being a very good LB. Expect alomg those lines he will be a decent depth guy should they bring him back. .

Edited by Bugg

Were you responding to me? If so that's not what I meant or believe I said. I am saying that keeping BT should be in depth mode and our money is tied up way too much elsewhere

no, tannyhaterbot

The Jets have cut their longest tenured player today in Bryan Thomas. Thomas had 1 assisted tackle in 1 game in 2012. He was drafted by the Jets in 2002 and played 157 games with the team(146 regular season, 11 playoff) Thomas was made expendable thanks to his injury and the outstanding performance by Garrett McIntyre who had 2 sacks and 6 tackles against the Steelers last week. To go along with this move, the Jets have called up CB Donnie Fletcher from the practice squad so that they can have 5 DB’s for Sunday’s game.

It is believed that the Jets will re-sign Thomas on Monday that is unless someone like Belichick gets him first.

Sorry..didn't mean to neg you....

He is a solid servicable pro. He never lived up to the hype of being a #1, and he had that whole nonsense with losing weight in his rookie season.A lesser guy would've been a total bust. Instead Thomas worked his way into being a very good LB. Expect alomg those lines he will be a decent depth guy should they bring him back. .

Its just a roster move for Sunday. It costs the Jets more cap space to not bring him back than it does to keep him on the roster (they have to do it by next Sunday), so there would be no reason to cut him and not bring him back to the team.