Jets Release OLB Bryan Thomas

gsnts725

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dan Hanzus from NFL.com reports In a surprising move, the Jets released Thomas on Saturday, cutting ties with their longest-tenured player. In a corresponding move, the team added cornerback Donnie Fletcher from the practice squad.

A first-round draft pick in 2002, Thomas has played in 146 games for the Jets, totaling 439 tackles and 31 sacks. He played in 11 postseason games with the Jets, the second-highest total in franchise history. Thomas missed the loss to the Steelers with a hamstring injury. He was doubtful to play Sunday against the Miami Dolphins.

Because of his status as a fully vested veteran who was on the Week 1 roster, Thomas' $920,000 base salary is guaranteed. He's now a free agent who can sign with any team. It's been widely speculated the Jets could bring back Thomas as early as Monday.

I think someone needs to go back and watch a beautiful mind again.

I agree and most of the time I go that route, but sometimes you have to say **** it and swing for the fences. When you're rockin a tux is as good an opportunity as ever. Plus everything is concentrated down because most of my friends are married so the competition is minimal.

He is a solid servicable pro. He never lived up to the hype of being a #1, and he had that whole nonsense with losing weight in his rookie season.A lesser guy would've been a total bust. Instead Thomas worked his way into being a very good LB. Expect alomg those lines he will be a decent depth guy should they bring him back. .

Yep. He seemed like he lost a step or two running up to the stage on draft day. He was never as fast as promised. Bad scouting job.

I agree and most of the time I go that route, but sometimes you have to say **** it and swing for the fences. When you're rockin a tux is as good an opportunity as ever. Plus everything is concentrated down because most of my friends are married so the competition is minimal.

Yea, it's really a tough call. No man can help but feel a little like James Bond every time they put on a tux, it's natural. I've been victim to the same wedding scenario. You know it's an easy score with the other drunk bridesmaids, but sometimes you just want that damned unicorn. And the "lets grab a drink next time you're in town" is just a pain in the ass. It's like listen sweetheart, I'm cleaned up, I'm in a tux, I'm on my best behavior as my friend's family is sitting two tables down, this is quite possibly the best that you'll ever see me, it's not getting any better for you.

Archived