Calling All Beer Snobs

Bombdirt

Brooklyn Brewery is OK, but Sixpointis by far the best brewery in that borough now.

They used to be only available on draft, but about a year ago, they started canning (not bottling) so that homebodies could enjoy their delectable concoctions. However, at $9.99 for a 4-pack, it's not cheap, so imagine that the additional cost is to cover the health insurance premiums and pension for the union brewery workers to justify the pricetag, slats.

too bad they contract brew their canned beer at Lions Brewery in PA.

That's a commitment brew, remember having a bottle of that last winter.

I was in this beer bar in NYC years ago that had it on the menu with the disclaimer that they wouldn't sell you more than two. Well, I had my two and ordered a third just to see if I could get away with it. They served me. Then I fell down the stairs going to the bathroom.

I was in this beer bar in NYC years ago that had it on the menu with the disclaimer that they wouldn't sell you more than two. Well, I had my two and ordered a third just to see if I could get away with it. They served me. Then I fell down the stairs going to the bathroom.

had a similar experience 3 or so years ago with Troegs - Mad Elf

Troegs+Mad+Elf+07.jpg

I believe they actually lowered ABV in this beer. It's 11 now, use to be 13 I believe.

too bad they contract brew their canned beer at Lions Brewery in PA.

I'm aware. I've been to their brewery in Red Hook to pick up kegs and it's tiny...way too small to even think about canning or bottling. As for this somehow invalidating my claim that they're the best brewery in Brooklyn, I don't think one ounce of Brooklyn Lager has ever been brewed outside of Utica.

They're not the only craft brewery to contract brew after outgrowing their original facilities (though I will admit that they're not exactly forthcoming about their arrangement with Lion). Southampton, Smuttynose, Ommegang, and plenty of others still contract brew some of their selections and as long as the quality doesn't suffer noticeably, I couldn't care less what facility produced it.

Thanks for the suggestions, everybody. I've tried a few of the beers mentioned (Yuengling, Blue Moon, etc. Blue Moon is excellent) and I'll have to seek out some of the others to see if I can get any of them around here. In any case, I have some serious drinking to do. You know, for "research."

Also, this looks super intimidating:

The OP cited Sam Adams, I didn't think he was quite ready for Samichlaus.

7426006904_e658c7b435.jpg

I see the words "malt liquor" and I think of this:

oe.jpg

Or this:

mickeysshambeetin.jpg

And oddly enough, I like both of those. I have plenty of hazy memories involving both O.E. and Mickey's. Good times.

Thanks for the suggestions, everybody. I've tried a few of the beers mentioned (Yuengling, Blue Moon, etc. Blue Moon is excellent) and I'll have to seek out some of the others to see if I can get any of them around here. In any case, I have some serious drinking to do. You know, for "research."

Also, this looks super intimidating:

I see the words "malt liquor" and I think of this:

oe.jpg

Or this:

mickeysshambeetin.jpg

And oddly enough, I like both of those. I have plenty of hazy memories involving both O.E. and Mickey's. Good times.

AHHHHHHHHH booze and big breasted women, Thread of the week nomination!!!!

Archived