Sanchez by the numbers

RyanBe_Tebowing

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2012 so far: 50-99 - 51% completion percentage - 710 yards - 7.2 yards per attempt - 5 TDs - 3 INTs - 82.7 Passer Rating

2011 after week 3: 70-112 - 63% completion percentage - 936 yards - 8.4 yards per attempt - 6 TDs - 4 INTs - 89.4 PR - 1 Fumble

Basically taking a step back statistically thus far.

They are graded on W's. That said he has been bad, but there are a lot of correctable things...drops, timing with receivers. If they want to make this a special season, Mark has to get much better.

They are graded on W's. That said he has been bad, but there are a lot of correctable things...drops, timing with receivers. If they want to make this a special season, Mark has to get much better.

True, we have the same number of wins at this time as we did last season after week three plus its a new offense and there has been tons of drops but still, Sanchez and the offense need to get it together quick.

They are graded on W's.

If that were really the case, Trent Dilfer deserved an A in 2000. As did Brad Johnson in 2002.

When the defense gives you the ball deep in enemy territory (as the D did with that fumble recovery) and you throw a lob ball pick? Inexcusable. Sanchez was the biggest reason we nearly lost this game. Awful, awful QB play for the last 7 quarters.

True, we have the same number of wins at this time as we did last season after week three plus its a new offense and there has been tons of drops but still, Sanchez and the offense need to get it together quick.

definitely agree! I have defended Sanchez many times but that pick in the red zone today was horrendous.

Having said that, I think he played well when it counted also and fought back for the win! Always a tough game against Miami and Im glad we got the W.

Lets just hope the timing with these young receivers gets better because right now its pretty bad. It almost seems as though they dont know the offense half the time, he is always yelling at them because of the routes they run.

Pretty good chemistry with Holmes today tho which is a plus!

How many dropped passes? Including off Te-blows head. The BS wildcat has stunted at least 3 drives already. Eli throws a million INTs but he is the greatest QB to ever play the game....because he wins on the road...late in games. Tally up another 4th quarter comeback on the road for Sanchez. That's 8, including 2 in the playoffs against Rivers and Manning... Go look up who else has done that in their first four years since you are such a stats guy. I'll give you a hint-- Eli had 2 at this time in his career.....none in the playoffs.........and he's the greatest road QB in big games late...to ever play. That's 8-2. Look, Sanchez sucked today...just like Eli sucked in week 2...but they won...that's what good QBs do. Tell me Sanchez isn't a winner and you're just not being honest with yourself.

On the other hand..Tebow's line looked impressive today. Too bad they don't have a sta for Drives killed.

If that were really the case, Trent Dilfer deserved an A in 2000. As did Brad Johnson in 2002.

When the defense gives you the ball deep in enemy territory (as the D did with that fumble recovery) and you throw a lob ball pick? Inexcusable. Sanchez was the biggest reason we nearly lost this game. Awful, awful QB play for the last 7 quarters.

He gets to the 8-10 game mark this season and then it is time to look elsewhere if he does not improve. One INT was on him and one was on his receiver. Missing that wide open TD on the overthrow instead of allowing the receiver to get back in stride after his double move was the worst.

Compare stats with the great Qb's in their first 3 1/5 years with Sanchez' and be shocked. To repeat 10 4th Qrt. Comebacks...8 on the road...2 in the playoffs. Eli- the best ever first ballot HOFer....ice cold veins.....big game road warrior by this time had 5, 2 on the road, 0 in the postseason.

But that's just a bunch of numbers.... lol

Turnovers, turnovers, turnovers. If everyone doesn't realize by now that these numbers are a stupid way of judging his performance considering how much of a dope he looks like putting them up, I've officially lost hope for math. If the consensus is that nobody wants to bother with charts and percentages that are actually telling of something, then at the very least let's agree to acknowledge that there's one basic statistical total that's very relevant and highly correlatable to sh*tty QB's not blowing seasons.

How many dropped passes? Including off Te-blows head. The BS wildcat has stunted at least 3 drives already. Eli throws a million INTs but he is the greatest QB to ever play the game....because he wins on the road...late in games. Tally up another 4th quarter comeback on the road for Sanchez. That's 8, including 2 in the playoffs against Rivers and Manning... Go look up who else has done that in their first four years since you are such a stats guy. I'll give you a hint-- Eli had 2 at this time in his career.....none in the playoffs.........and he's the greatest road QB in big games late...to ever play. That's 8-2. Look, Sanchez sucked today...just like Eli sucked in week 2...but they won...that's what good QBs do. Tell me Sanchez isn't a winner and you're just not being honest with yourself.

On the other hand..Tebow's line looked impressive today. Too bad they don't have a sta for Drives killed.

The drops are really bad and are such momentum killers and drive stoppers! Granted, Sanchez did not play well today but he did get the W and thats what I care about. These receivers need to get their sh*t together and Sanchez needs to make better decisions and get on the same page with them.

Its a little alarming how much it seems these receivers and running backs either

a.) dont know the plays at all (running wrong routes, not turning the right direction, etc)

b.) are completely unable to read blitzes (which used to be Sanchez's problem)

Tebow has to be turning and looking at the ball on that play. It was thrown high but he HAS to turn quicker!

Compare stats with the great Qb's in their first 3 1/5 years with Sanchez' and be shocked. To repeat 10 4th Qrt. Comebacks...8 on the road...2 in the playoffs. Eli- the best ever first ballot HOFer....ice cold veins.....big game road warrior by this time had 5, 2 on the road, 0 in the postseason.

But that's just a bunch of numbers.... lol

Our defense got back-to-back turnovers on consecutive plays. One was for a pick 6, the next was a fumble recovery deep in Miami territory. The fact that this happened yet we still needed an overtime comeback tells you how awful Sanchez is. This game never should have come close to being an OT game. Not to mention, Kerley and Holmes had to make some truly impressive catches to bail out Sanchez time and time again.

Mark was terrible.

Turnovers, turnovers, turnovers. If everyone doesn't realize by now that these numbers are a stupid way of judging his performance considering how much of a dope he looks like putting them up, I've officially lost hope for math. If the consensus is that nobody wants to bother with charts and percentages that are actually telling of something, then at the very least let's agree to acknowledge that there's one basic statistical total that's very relevant and highly correlatable to sh*tty QB's not blowing seasons.

W's

The drops are really bad and are such momentum killers and drive stoppers! Granted, Sanchez did not play well today but he did get the W and thats what I care about. These receivers need to get their sh*t together and Sanchez needs to make better decisions and get on the same page with them.

Its a little alarming how much it seems these receivers and running backs either

a.) dont know the plays at all (running wrong routes, not turning the right direction, etc)

b.) are completely unable to read blitzes (which used to be Sanchez's problem)

Tebow has to be turning and looking at the ball on that play. It was thrown high but he HAS to turn quicker!

It's really bad. These guys are hurting themselves running routes...not turning around (Tebow, Cumberland). I mean, I am disappointed in a lot of missed throws by Sanchez but he looks like he's playing with a bunch of scrubs. Thank God for the bright spots...Austin Howard and finally Holmes.

What sucks is that Schillens and Hill are complete specimens....if they could catch. Bad throw by Sanchez on the long ball tho...that was 7. Hey...bad for my heart but f--- it! Next week!

It's really bad. These guys are hurting themselves running routes...not turning around (Tebow, Cumberland). I mean, I am disappointed in a lot of missed throws by Sanchez but he looks like he's playing with a bunch of scrubs. Thank God for the bright spots...Austin Howard and finally Holmes.

Sanchez IS the scrub. He's now had what, SIX games in his career with sub-40 % completion percentage? Overthrows and underthrows all over the place, yet everyone else are the scrubs. Can't make this sh*t up.

Bad game but we won...move on. Nobody cried about Eli Manning's piss poor week 2. He won. Get over it. The Bills looked like crap week 1, now look. Week to week things change. What is constant is that Tebow sucks. He's worthless and a distraction...unless he's faking punts.

I wonder If that has anything to do with the 500 yards and 3 Td's to make up for the 3 picks.

Our defense got back-to-back turnovers on consecutive plays. One was for a pick 6, the next was a fumble recovery deep in Miami territory. The fact that this happened yet we still needed an overtime comeback tells you how awful Sanchez is. This game never should have come close to being an OT game. Not to mention, Kerley and Holmes had to make some truly impressive catches to bail out Sanchez time and time again.

Mark was terrible.

Yeah... ok... 2-1. And I hate to tell you but he's all we got. That was the brilliance of bringing in history's worse QB ever. lmao So tough. Personally, I like QBs that win games late on the road. Dont kid yourself either.....the rookie QB helped us out a bit too...when he wasnt looking like Unitus. Then you have the Cromartie juke. The Hill TD drop. Just such a dumb way to look at games tho. We won.

They are graded on W's.

I can not possibly fathom how this can be argued when you've watched Sanchez for this long now. It's his fourth year and these are all acceptable excuses for second-year guys, that's the line. He is all sorts of god-awful terrible and it filters down to everything that happens on every play to every other player. Press, press, press. Mug the WR's and dare him to beat you with the deep ball and he'll fold. He'll stare down the same guy off the snap and completely give up on himself. Same thing that Belichick exposed last year and the past 2 weeks he's looked no different. The book was out then and now there's not even room for a few more pages; because the one thing we had going this year was that he finally looked like he could stop handing games over and today he showed he can't even do that consistently. It's becoming an entire career's worth of excuses and do-overs and he's not even on his 2nd backup job yet.

He's been so terrible it's not even worth trying to defend.

The best excuse is Keller, and Holmes being pretty much his only decent target, and that excuse sucks.

Hill is hurting him, big time. He's a tease of a player right now - All the physical tools, but has the ball skills of Ray Charles.

Archived