Sanchez by the numbers

RyanBe_Tebowing

Sanchez IS the scrub. He's now had what, SIX games in his career with sub-40 % completion percentage? Overthrows and underthrows all over the place, yet everyone else are the scrubs. Can't make this sh*t up.

Not gonna get in an argument with you because your mind has been made up for 3 years now and thats fine because there is nothing yet to prove you wrong. Sanchez played sh*tty today but man there are some catches that these guys have to make. Some routes that these young guys cut off of or run incorrectly is really frustrating. That first pick was NOT on Sanchez....that was a rookie fading a route that was supposed to be a sharp cut.

This is really a bad game for me to even attempt to defend him on because I can't but Kerley had a few drops, Powell had a bad drop on a 3rd down, Hill again let one go through his arms in the endzone, it is not just Sanchez that struggling. Timing is an issue and knowing the offense is an issue right now too, combined with Sanchez's bad decision making at times.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can not possibly fathom how this can be argued when you've watched Sanchez for this long now. It's his fourth year and these are all acceptable excuses for second-year guys, that's the line. He is all sorts of god-awful terrible and it filters down to everything that happens on every play to every other player. Press, press, press. Mug the WR's and dare him to beat you with the deep ball and he'll fold. He'll stare down the same guy off the snap and completely give up on himself. Same thing that Belichick exposed last year and the past 2 weeks he's looked no different. The book was out then and now there's not even room for a few more pages; because the one thing we had going this year was that he finally looked like he could stop handing games over and today he showed he can't even do that consistently. It's becoming an entire career's worth of excuses and do-overs and he's not even on his 2nd backup job yet.

Go look at all the great QBs first three years. Tell me how many have as many game winning drives. How many had as many GWDs in the postseason. How many won four road playoff games in three years.

And how many had Tebow. Also tell me how many Jets QBs have been better through 3 1/5 years. lmao Whatever. It's not like he has any pressure from the back up. hahaha!

He's been so terrible it's not even worth trying to defend.

The best excuse is Keller, and Holmes being pretty much his only decent target, and that excuse sucks.

Hill is hurting him, big time. He's a tease of a player right now - All the physical tools, but has the ball skills of Ray Charles.

lmfao so true.

There are a bunch of teams who thought they played really well today.....but they lost. So f--- it. It's week to week in the NFL. Personally, if there's one thing that Sanchez proved is he can win the big game. He fumbles....he throws bad balls and his WRs suck...but he also slapped up Brady in Foxboro to advance....as a second year guy! And my biggest defense for Sanchez is.....we got nobody else!! lol

The difference between the 2 games is the Giants won because Eli. The jets won because Dan Carpenter missed 2fg

And the Giants won 2 SB's because damn near every team they played down the stretch of both SB runs sh*t the bed then laid in it and continued to sh*t. Its nice to get a lucky win once in a while something thats not very common in Jet land

Go look at all the great QBs first three years. Tell me how many have as many game winning drives. How many had as many GWDs in the postseason. How many won four road playoff games in three years.

And how many had Tebow. Also tell me how many Jets QBs have been better through 3 1/5 years. lmao Whatever. It's not like he has any pressure from the back up. hahaha!

Ha. Ha. HILARIOUS.

Not really. He was at 63 % comp % thru three games last season. He finished the season under 60 %.

Not really? What I said was exactly right. His numbers in the first 3 games was better than they were at the end of the season. EXACTLY as you noted. First 3 games, 63%, end of season, 57%. QB rating in first 3 games, 89, but at end of season, 79.

The difference between the 2 games is the Giants won because Eli. The jets won because Dan Carpenter missed 2fg

Thank God Brown recovered Eli's fumble late in the third though. 22 guys plus specials. The media can slant the story to make anyone look great. If sanchez was the star Eli was they would be talking about how he marched down the field in the fourth, how he set them up for the game winning FG...how there were 30 dropped passes... Hey I like Eli and Sanchez was awful today and he is pissing me off with his decisions. But Eli doesnt have Tebow ****ing up his groove in big moments. He runs no huddle shotgun all fourth quarter.

Gotta tell you. pretty soon I'll be missing Schottenheimer. This wildcat nonsense is getting tired.

Hey bottomline....W

Thank God Brown recovered Eli's fumble late in the third though. 22 guys plus specials. The media can slant the story to make anyone look great. If sanchez was the star Eli was they would be talking about how he marched down the field in the fourth, how he set them up for the game winning FG...how there were 30 dropped passes... Hey I like Eli and Sanchez was awful today and he is pissing me off with his decisions. But Eli doesnt have Tebow ****ing up his groove in big moments. He runs no huddle shotgun all fourth quarter.

Gotta tell you. pretty soon I'll be missing Schottenheimer. This wildcat nonsense is getting tired.

Hey bottomline....W

Might as well play Tebow

There are a bunch of teams who thought they played really well today.....but they lost. So f--- it. It's week to week in the NFL. Personally, if there's one thing that Sanchez proved is he can win the big game. He fumbles....he throws bad balls and his WRs suck...but he also slapped up Brady in Foxboro to advance....as a second year guy! And my biggest defense for Sanchez is.....we got nobody else!! lol

You should pick your arguements on better days lance. While I still think the receivers on this team **** up an aweful lot Sanchez did not play very well today. The entire offense in general did not play well at all. I was actully amazed Rich Gannon finally started pointing out the gaffs of our WR group namely the bad lazy routes they run and the critical drops.

You should pick your arguements on better days lance. While I still think the receivers on this team **** up an aweful lot Sanchez did not play very well today. The entire offense in general did not play well at all. I was actully amazed Rich Gannon finally started pointing out the gaffs of our WR group namely the bad lazy routes they run and the critical drops.

Yeah definitely not the greatest day to defend Sanchez haha

Just glad we got the win.

True, we have the same number of wins at this time as we did last season after week three plus its a new offense and there has been tons of drops but still, Sanchez and the offense need to get it together quick.

Completely agree. I was pissed when I watched that INT in the endzone. However after seeing the reason, Cumberland mind freeze. I take that back somewhat. They have to correct some things. What I would really like to see is him get in the faces of some of these guys. He should have went right over to Cumberland and blasted him. He needs to step up his play and tell these guys that that stuff is inexcusable.

The only plausible argument for giving him any credit for today's win is if you're saying that Sanchez's suck projected out on to Carpenter. In which case those posts should be redirected to the Sorcery Forum.

Yeah. Sanchez has had 1 good game and 2 sucky games. The Jets are fortunately 2-1. That's about it. The Jets can't run and their D is not elite. If Sanchez continues to string 2 sucky performances for every good 1 then the Jets are in trouble.

Josh Freeman FTW

yeah he's looked pretty capable during his losses.

it must be killing these guys that Sanchez has never had a losing season at QB. They want so badly for him to suck as much as they think he does - bad games like today notwithstanding.

it's hard to really gauge Sanchez's progress this season because the whole offense has been so bad. so many drops & receiver miscues. no running game to speak of.

not looking at the numbers - Sanchez looks better than he did at the end of last season. it'd be tough to look worse, but he seems more confident. he's stepping up, going through progressions better (as far as I can tell). even under pressure, he's done all right. he's made fewer poor decisions. if everyone else wasn't also so terrible, he might look okay.

plus the receiving corps is suspect. we knew that going in. Hill is super raw. they don't throw to Schilens (it's only recently I'm sure he existed). Holmes may or may not decide to earn his paycheck.

Turnovers, turnovers, turnovers. If everyone doesn't realize by now that these numbers are a stupid way of judging his performance considering how much of a dope he looks like putting them up, I've officially lost hope for math. If the consensus is that nobody wants to bother with charts and percentages that are actually telling of something, then at the very least let's agree to acknowledge that there's one basic statistical total that's very relevant and highly correlatable to sh*tty QB's not blowing seasons.

Don't sweat it. He fails the eye test, the stat test, the math test and the narrative test. There's really no leg to stand on for anybody trying to sell the Sanchez/futuregreatness story.

Archived