Sanchez by the numbers

RyanBe_Tebowing

Without a running game, they had to put the game on his shoulders and he got the W.

It wasn't a great game by any means but they won.

It doesn't exonerate Sanchez, but no Jet fan should be happy watching Greene taking early snaps. He should be a 4th Qtr RB like his rookie season where the defense is worn down and he can take advantage. Watching holes close because he's too slow to get through them and exploit them is painful to watch.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it's hard to really gauge Sanchez's progress this season because the whole offense has been so bad. so many drops & receiver miscues. no running game to speak of.

not looking at the numbers - Sanchez looks better than he did at the end of last season. it'd be tough to look worse, but he seems more confident. he's stepping up, going through progressions better (as far as I can tell). even under pressure, he's done all right. he's made fewer poor decisions. if everyone else wasn't also so terrible, he might look okay.

plus the receiving corps is suspect. we knew that going in. Hill is super raw. they don't throw to Schilens (it's only recently I'm sure he existed). Holmes may or may not decide to earn his paycheck.

No, you can and basically right now he is where he was in 2010. Inconsistent at best.

Yes he had his receivers drop quite a number of passes but he also made some horrible throws.

The only good thing about today is that the Jets HAD to put the game on his shoulders since the running game was so bad and he got the W.

If that were really the case, Trent Dilfer deserved an A in 2000. As did Brad Johnson in 2002.

When the defense gives you the ball deep in enemy territory (as the D did with that fumble recovery) and you throw a lob ball pick? Inexcusable. Sanchez was the biggest reason we nearly lost this game. Awful, awful QB play for the last 7 quarters.

According to USA Today- the lob pass was for for a fade to Cumberland but Cumberland cut in instead of out

It doesn't exonerate Sanchez, but no Jet fan should be happy watching Greene taking early snaps. He should be a 4th Qtr RB like his rookie season where the defense is worn down and he can take advantage. Watching holes close because he's too slow to get through them and exploit them is painful to watch.

The Jets are somehow going to HAVE to figure out a way to get this running game going. I think Powell is a guy that can make guys miss on occasion, and should absolutely get more touches.

McKinght isn't getting any touches in beyond me. Are the Jets telling us that McKnight is so bad that he can't even be a guy who can catch to ball out of the backfield ?

The Jets got very luck today. If they play that way next week against SF they will lose big.

The Jets are somehow going to HAVE to figure out a way to get this running game going. I think Powell is a guy that can make guys miss on occasion, and should absolutely get more touches.

McKinght isn't getting any touches in beyond me. Are the Jets telling us that McKnight is so bad that he can't even be a guy who can catch to ball out of the backfield ?

The Jets got very luck today. If they play that way next week against SF they will lose big.

They don't have the players to get the running game going. Their RB group is probably the worst in the NFL. Thats why all their talk about "ground and pound" in the offseason was so hilarious. They are either COMPLETELY delusional about their talent level or just clueless about how to upgrade it.

I think they're telling us that McKnight can't block for sh*t.

According to USA Today- the lob pass was for for a fade to Cumberland but Cumberland cut in instead of out

If multiple people are running the wrong routes on a consistent basis as we're led to believe then this is a Sparano/Sanchez problem. I mean seriously, wtf.

It may be. But the lob INT sure looked like a timing play. Sanchez went to his drop and tossed it.

But I'm not sure about USA Today's take specifically, because it looked like Cumberland was supposed to run a shorter route and cut to the middle of the field to bring the safety with him. Instead, he ran to the endzone and stopped, which let the safety intercept the ball infront of Hill. If the safety wasn't there it was an easy TD, assuming Hill actually catches the ball.

They don't have the players to get the running game going. Their RB group is probably the worst in the NFL. Thats why all their talk about "ground and pound" in the offseason was so hilarious. They are either COMPLETELY delusional about their talent level or just clueless about how to upgrade it.

Our RB talent has never been remarkable. Anyone here think Thomas Jones/Leon Washington were superstars? The problem is that, while our o-line is solid in pass protection, we haven't been able to create wide running lanes in years without Damien Woody and with Brandon Moore getting older.

It may be. But the lob INT sure looked like a timing play. Sanchez went to his drop and tossed it.

But I'm not sure about USA Today's take specifically, because it looked like Cumberland was supposed to run a shorter route and cut to the middle of the field to bring the safety with him. Instead, he ran to the endzone and stopped, which let the safety intercept the ball infront of Hill. If the safety wasn't there it was an easy TD, assuming Hill actually catches the ball.

If Cumberland did what he was supposed to do-the Safety is not there

JETS lead the AFCE..

I haven't gone back and looked at the game play by play, but anyone could see there were a ton

of throws that shouldn't have been made, or were uncatchable, and not being thrown away...not sure what the problem is

but there is one there.

It didn't count this time, a W is a W, but it will count soon enough if it continues, and no they should not put Tebow in, not

unless they make a *we're done here* decision, and see if they have anything to work with in the preacher. If not, McKelroy is

big enough to cash a paycheck , let him smell some dirt.

Yeah I think that is what actually happened there and USA today got the name wrong on the player. Cumberland is definitely supposed to flatten and run the goalline the other way, not park in front of the fade route (unless this was the old Schotty design of the most hands in a zone gives you the best chance of a catch). Id imagine he can also pick the defender that way. At the least hes supposed to be option B if Hill gets jammed at the line.

Still it was an awful throw and doesnt excuse it. That ball wasnt going to get anywhere near Hill. Those passes are supposed to be in a place where only your guy can get it. That was going to be behind and probably short of Hill. Sanchez puts almost no touch on his passes. The overthrows on Hill and Schilens were bad. Those were gimmes. To miss both is difficult. Then you had the worst of the day which was Cumberland open with nobody around him and Sanchez rifled the ball under pressure out of the end zone. Tannehill under a similar rush deep in his own territory lobbed it up so his receiver could make a play. I just cant get how nothing seems to improve with him.

The one benefit this year is that the OC realizes they cant do these 10 play drives they tried in the past so they take chances down the field.

The one benefit this year is that the OC realizes they cant do these 10 play drives they tried in the past so they take chances down the field.

We also haven't seen a pick 6 yet this year.

It says a lot about your QB when you are just happy he doesn't give up points, but that unfortunately is where the Jets are with Marky Mark.

i think pushing the whole "ground & pound" thing was more based on how good those "three pro bowlers" were going to run block than how good the backs are. if revis is out the whole D is going to have to step it up big time. the offense may very well have to win us some games now, sanchez & co. will have the oppurtunity to prove themselves. we cant keep winning in spite of sanchez, it has to be because of him.

look what they did to every other nfl QB. Coming off an embarresment like that i expect them to destroy us. But right now im pessimistic after watching that sh*t show of a game today

Right now I'm optimistic b/c we're in 1st place, undefeated in the division, and we're not tied with the Patriots for that distinction, either.

Our RB talent has never been remarkable. Anyone here think Thomas Jones/Leon Washington were superstars? The problem is that, while our o-line is solid in pass protection, we haven't been able to create wide running lanes in years without Damien Woody and with Brandon Moore getting older.

Thomas Jones was LIGHT YEARS better than the garbage they are rolling out this season.

No, he really wasn't.

Yes, he was. He had 5 straight 1000+ yard seasons while playing every game including 4.3, 4.5 and 4.2 YPC AVG's. Lets get real, there is no chance any RB on the Jets right now will even start a game for another team let alone sustain that kind of production. Name a worse RB group in the sport. I dare you.

Yes, he was. He had 5 straight 1000+ yard seasons while playing every game including 4.3, 4.5 and 4.2 YPC AVG's. Lets get real, there is no chance any RB on the Jets right now will even start a game for another team let alone sustain that kind of production. Name a worse RB group in the sport. I dare you.

Thomas Jones was great at running through giant holes then getting caught from behind. He was the definition of an average RB. Notice how he never did anything special before or after that 2009 season. He was running behind Woody and Faneca, two superb run-blockers.

Archived