Sanchez by the numbers

RyanBe_Tebowing

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right now I'm optimistic b/c we're in 1st place, undefeated in the division, and we're not tied with the Patriots for that distinction, either.

Dude, the offense was an abortion. The defense wasn't close to where they are going to have to be to carry the offense. The best player on the team is probably done for the year. A win is a win, but there was nothing to suggest they can even hope to hang with elite teams.

1-5 in the red zone. Zero pass rush. Hill can't catch. Sanchez missed three sure touchdowns. None of these things bode well going forward.

Dude, the offense was an abortion. The defense wasn't close to where they are going to have to be to carry the offense. The best player on the team is probably done for the year. A win is a win, but there was nothing to suggest they can even hope to hang with elite teams.

1-5 in the red zone. Zero pass rush. Hill can't catch. Sanchez missed three sure touchdowns. None of these things bode well going forward.

Can't you read?

FIRST. PLACE.

Agreed. Where's Dustin and Braylon, when you need them?

The offense desperately needs Keller healthy. He might be the only players on the team that knows how to use his body to shield defenders and make a catch. Plus, I've seen promise out of Reuland and Cumberland that will allow us to line Keller up as a WR more often which we really need, badly.

I think as fans we have to accept they escaped a round divisional game in the heat with a W. If they come back home and get the sh*t kicked out of them by SF, then we can start the fire everyone threads.

Thomas Jones was great at running through giant holes then getting caught from behind. He was the definition of an average RB. Notice how he never did anything special before or after that 2009 season. He was running behind Woody and Faneca, two superb run-blockers.

Whats average? The median starting RB in the NFL? Sure that's what Thomas Jones was. No one they have now is close to average.

I think as fans we have to accept they escaped a round divisional game in the heat with a W. If they come back home and get the sh*t kicked out of them by SF, then we can start the fire everyone threads.

I'll agree divisional games are tough. I haven't given up. I don't the think Hill is going to keep dropping balls at this rate. Kerley is pretty ****ing good. But we're going to need a lot more out of Sanchez and a semblance of a pass rush if we want to make any sort of run. And I haven't seen anything to give me hope on either front.

2012 so far: 50-99 - 51% completion percentage - 710 yards - 7.2 yards per attempt - 5 TDs - 3 INTs - 82.7 Passer Rating

2011 after week 3: 70-112 - 63% completion percentage - 936 yards - 8.4 yards per attempt - 6 TDs - 4 INTs - 89.4 PR - 1 Fumble

Basically taking a step back statistically thus far.

He not only makes bad decisions---he is terribly inaccurate. Every game he misses a number of wide open receivers. That just is not enough for a contending QB. I think he is regressing.

Again, the theme of this season is the delusion of the fools in the FO who thought a team with this laughable talent level on O could be competitive. Nothing that has happened has changed that, in fact it's just getting clearer and clearer and even if they have done some good things in other areas of that team that complete and utter delusion and stupidity (as well as inability to do anything about it in FA or the draft) should cost all of them their jobs.

Also, Stephen Hill is not finishing he routes. The throws are where they should be but Sanchez needs to be a man and get in these guys faces.

And even when he does, he lacks the ability to catch the ball. Which is kind of important for a WR.

After week 1, Hill has been the bigger dissapointment that Sanchez. Like you two mentioned, he is either not finishing routes (inexcusable) or dropping easy passes (needs more jugs work). The sideline bomb where Sanchez supposedly overthrew him was not an overthrow (Sanchez overthrew Chaz, but not Hill). Hill pulled up and then acted like his hammy was hurt. Why the WR coach didn't pull him I have no idea after that. Next play, he pulls up with a hammy again.

The bottom line from my vantage point is that with the running game sucking, the receiving corps sucking, and the defense not being elite, Sanchez, because of his own suckage, can't compensate for the other failing units.

Thus, with the Jets as currently constituted, even a Hasselbeck-like JAG QB won't be a recognizable improvement. So, Sanchez, from here on out, better find some good-QB miracle drug and play better if the Jets want to make the postseason.

After week 1, Hill has been the bigger dissapointment that Sanchez. Like you two mentioned, he is either not finishing routes (inexcusable) or dropping easy passes (needs more jugs work). The sideline bomb where Sanchez supposedly overthrew him was not an overthrow (Sanchez overthrew Chaz, but not Hill). Hill pulled up and then acted like his hammy was hurt. Why the WR coach didn't pull him I have no idea after that. Next play, he pulls up with a hammy again.

sh*ts going to happen with a rookie WR. He's going to run the wrong route, he's going to get beat up at the LOS, he's going to struggle getting separation but when all those things dont happen and he does get a clean break with a catchable ball - you got to make the ****ing play. Have to, no excuses. He dropped an easy TD pass. Very easy. He makes me nervous. I've got no faith he's going to make a play when the ball heads his direction.

sh*ts going to happen with a rookie WR. He's going to run the wrong route, he's going to get beat up at the LOS, he's going to struggle getting separation but when all those things dont happen and he does get a clean break with a catchable ball - you got to make the ****ing play. Have to, no excuses. He dropped an easy TD pass. Very easy. He makes me nervous. I've got no faith he's going to make a play when the ball heads his direction.

Hill is a guy who would go to the Steelers and become a no 1 WR in 3 years. But because we have hilariously bad depth and the worst starting non-weeden QB in the NFL, he'll probably amount to nothing because he's being forced into a situation where it's going to be VERY easy for him to fail.

Oh, I agree. He HAS TO catch the ball. My only point was that the drops is a technique issue. He still tries to body catch for no reason, like the endzone play. Catch it with his hands and it's an easy TD. The not completing his routes is an effort issue, IMO. That should never happen with a rookie.

The bottom line from my vantage point is that with the running game sucking, the receiving corps sucking, and the defense not being elite, Sanchez, because of his own suckage, can't compensate for the other failing units.

Thus, with the Jets as currently constituted, even a Hasselbeck-like JAG QB won't be a recognizable improvement. So, Sanchez, from here on out, better find some good-QB miracle drug and play better if the Jets want to make the postseason.

On top of that, the Jets have a sh*t defense that is probably down the league's best defensive player for the rest of the season. So basically, the Jets need Sanchez to step up and be the best player on this team more than they ever have before. Needless to say, I'm not holding my breath.

Hill is a guy who would go to the Steelers and become a no 1 WR in 3 years. But because we have hilariously bad depth and the worst starting non-weeden QB in the NFL, he'll probably amount to nothing because he's being forced into a situation where it's going to be VERY easy for him to fail.

Chaz Schilens. FTW!!!!!

Oh, I agree. He HAS TO catch the ball. My only point was that the drops is a technique issue. He still tries to body catch for no reason, like the endzone play. Catch it with his hands and it's an easy TD. The not completing his routes is an effort issue, IMO. That should never happen with a rookie.

Plax makes that catch in his sleep.

Just sayin,

How many dropped passes? Including off Te-blows head. The BS wildcat has stunted at least 3 drives already. Eli throws a million INTs but he is the greatest QB to ever play the game....because he wins on the road...late in games. Tally up another 4th quarter comeback on the road for Sanchez. That's 8, including 2 in the playoffs against Rivers and Manning... Go look up who else has done that in their first four years since you are such a stats guy. I'll give you a hint-- Eli had 2 at this time in his career.....none in the playoffs.........and he's the greatest road QB in big games late...to ever play. That's 8-2. Look, Sanchez sucked today...just like Eli sucked in week 2...but they won...that's what good QBs do. Tell me Sanchez isn't a winner and you're just not being honest with yourself.

On the other hand..Tebow's line looked impressive today. Too bad they don't have a sta for Drives killed.

Since Im such a "stats guy" heres some stats for you. There's a Quarterback on this team with 7 game winning drives 1 in the playoffs and 6 4th quarter comebacks in his first 14 starts and his name isn't Mark Sanchez. That wasn't too hard.

Whats average? The median starting RB in the NFL? Sure that's what Thomas Jones was. No one they have now is close to average.

An average RB, as you admit Jones is, is not "light years" ahead of our current RB's. It's not like you could hop in a time machine, grab 2009's version of Thomas Jones, bring him back and expect him to start busting off big runs.

Our RBBC approach has always been all about what the O-line can create and little more. Want more? Gonna probably have to spend a 1st rounder on a RB.

On top of that, the Jets have a sh*t defense that is probably down the league's best defensive player for the rest of the season. So basically, the Jets need Sanchez to step up and be the best player on this team more than they ever have before. Needless to say, I'm not holding my breath.

NO QB IN THE LEAGUE COULD BE EXPECTED TO HANDLE SUCH ADVERSITY

An average RB, as you admit Jones is, is not "light years" ahead of our current RB's. It's not like you could hop in a time machine, grab 2009's version of Thomas Jones, bring him back and expect him to start busting off big runs.

Our RBBC approach has always been all about what the O-line can create and little more. Want more? Gonna probably have to spend a 1st rounder on a RB.

There are teams with competent front offices all around the NFL who have much more talent at the RB position than the garbage the Jets roll out there without spending anywhere close to a 1st rounder on one. In fact most of the best RB's in the NFL weren't first round picks. You just need competent personnel people, which is probably the Jets' biggest gaping hole.

There are teams with competent front offices all around the NFL who have much more talent at the RB position than the garbage the Jets roll out there without spending anywhere close to a 1st rounder on one. In fact most of the best RB's in the NFL weren't first round picks. You just need competent personnel people, which is probably the Jets' biggest gaping hole.

I really disagree here. The Packers roll with scrubs at RB and still win. The Patriots have Stevan Ridley and Danny Woodhead. You can't tell me those guys are significantly better. The Steelers are going with Jonathan Dwyer and Isaac Redman, who both look like the same guy. Ahmad Bradshaw isn't all that great in New York, and they just got some great productivity out of Andre Brown off the scrap heap (he bounced around various practice squads first, however).

Adrian Peterson was a top 5 pick. CJ Spiller was a top 10 pick. Darren McFadden was a top 10 pick. Those are special talents (when healthy). By and large, non-1st rounders are going to all be ABOUT the same.

Would it be awesome if Bilal Powell turned into a superstar? Sure. But as long as you invest mid-rounders you're not likely to get tremendous talents. The most successful teams have the same RBBC approach we have because they don't NEED to invest heavily in RB's.

I really disagree here. The Packers roll with scrubs at RB and still win. The Patriots have Stevan Ridley and Danny Woodhead. You can't tell me those guys are significantly better. The Steelers are going with Jonathan Dwyer and Isaac Redman, who both look like the same guy. Ahmad Bradshaw isn't all that great in New York, and they just got some great productivity out of Andre Brown off the scrap heap (he bounced around various practice squads first, however).

Adrian Peterson was a top 5 pick. CJ Spiller was a top 10 pick. Darren McFadden was a top 10 pick. Those are special talents (when healthy). By and large, non-1st rounders are going to all be ABOUT the same.

Would it be awesome if Bilal Powell turned into a superstar? Sure. But as long as you invest mid-rounders you're not likely to get tremendous talents. The most successful teams have the same RBBC approach we have because they don't NEED to invest heavily in RB's.

The Packers, Steelers and NE all have QB's that teams have to respect and that, alone, makes the running game better. Of course they can go with Avg running backs and expect to have better production. CJ Spiller has had 2 good games, Fred Jackson was great for the Bills before that and he's not a first round pick. In the top 10 RB's in yards from last season more than half of them wern't first round picks. Foster, MJD, Gore, Charles, Turner, McGahee. All after the first round. You can get RB's if you don't have fools running your team.

Exactly, someone needs to be brought in here that can actually evaluate talent. Wilkerson was a nice pick and should have a solid career....but these Rex drafts have been a mess.

The drafting here has sucked since Bradway came here. Just bad pick after bad pick and shipping out picks for rental players.

Exactly, someone needs to be brought in here that can actually evaluate talent. Wilkerson was a nice pick and should have a solid career....but these Rex drafts have been a mess.

The drafting here has sucked since Bradway came here. Just bad pick after bad pick and shipping out picks for rental players.

The Revis injury is more disastrous off the field than on. Just another excuse.

Archived