Belichick grabs official after game

Blackout

So is it your argument that since the Patriots don't have every single game handed to them as a victory, that somehow means they never get any calls given to them? Did you not watch the same completely laughable AFC Championship game as everyone else?

Which conspiracy is this one?

Remind me.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which conspiracy is this one?

Remind me.

What conspiracy theory? The only point that was made was that with the old officials, they had certain players and teams who they had a tendency to give the benefit of the doubt to and make calls in their favor. I'm not sure this is something anyone could rationally argue against as a general rule (for example, as a Jets fan, I can freely admit that Revis had a tendency to get away with more than your average CB once he became established as the league's best). Forgetting for a moment even what specific teams or players this may include, are you really going to even try to dispute this?

Your counterpoint to the Patriots being amongst those teams who had a tendency to get the benefit of the doubt regarding calls in their favor was that because the Patriots have not won every single game they've ever played in the history of their franchise, that somehow proves they've never gotten any calls ever made in their favor. I pointed out to you the reality that the Super Bowl game which you were complaining about the Pats not being handed a victory in wouldn't have even had them playing in it if not for a horrendously officiated game two weeks prior that excessively favored the Pats.

i like the refs this year because they don't call pussy stuff like the regular refs (i.e. last year nobody could TOUCH the QBs)

It's because they don't *see* the pussy stuff.. LOL..

The head umpire for the phins game was a stand in for one of the munchkins on The Wizard of Oz, and the head umpire for the pats game taught Social Studies for 40 years before he started his referee career.

(not fact, they both just reminded me of those two guys)

What conspiracy theory? The only point that was made was that with the old officials, they had certain players and teams who they had a tendency to give the benefit of the doubt to and make calls in their favor. I'm not sure this is something anyone could rationally argue against as a general rule (for example, as a Jets fan, I can freely admit that Revis had a tendency to get away with more than your average CB once he became established as the league's best). Forgetting for a moment even what specific teams or players this may include, are you really going to even try to dispute this?

Your counterpoint to the Patriots being amongst those teams who had a tendency to get the benefit of the doubt regarding calls in their favor was that because the Patriots have not won every single game they've ever played in the history of their franchise, that somehow proves they've never gotten any calls ever made in their favor. I pointed out to you the reality that the Super Bowl game which you were complaining about the Pats not being handed a victory in wouldn't have even had them playing in it if not for a horrendously officiated game two weeks prior that excessively favored the Pats.

1. I never complained about the Refs in the SB.

2. Once more , where in the AFCC did NE get a gift call. Cite specific examples and not more blather.

1. I never complained about the Refs in the SB.

2. Once more , where in the AFCC did NE get a gift call. Cite specific examples and not more blather.

1. No, but you indicated that because the Pats weren't gifted the SB, that somehow proved that the Pats never get any gift calls.

2. There were at least 2 (maybe 3?) more INTs thrown by Brady that were wiped off the board by nonsensical penalty calls. Not to mention the Pats raping the Ravens receivers in the endzone on their last offensive play and not getting called for it after a complete game in which they made calls against the Ravens any time they dared breath near a Pats WR (see the aforementioned penalties on the Baltimore INTs).

If it makes you feel better, we can simply discuss the gift calls that other teams have gotten instead to make the point. Or is it your belief that no such thing ever occurred with the old set of refs?

Archived