I'm too tired and lazy to read everybody else's posts. Read mine

#27TheDominator

I am starting my own thread because I am too aggravated to read through everything and agree or disagree. It will only make me mad and I am cranky enough already. 4 hour drive back down here from New York and the only redeeming factor was listening the the Pats lose on the Ravens radio station. "The kick is up. IT'S GOOD! THE HAY IN IN THE BARN!"

This game wasn't as bad as we think. Basically, it puts us right where we thought. On the road against a division opponent, even crappy teams become difficult in that situation. The Dolphins had been playing pretty well at home since the middle of last year and not so bad overall. What it means is... we didn't learn anything much about our team. We will point to things in this game as proof of lessons we learn later, but as of now? Who the **** knows?

They can stop standard backs as well as anybody, but they still have huge trouble with speed backs. Bush was killing them. Didn't really like Landry's big clapping after he hurt the guy. It didn't seem like such a big hit to cheer about. Landry is WAY faster than any safety they have had in years. He covers a ton of ground.

The officials were horrible. How was Holmes getting his hand pulled down "illegal touching" and not PI? The ball was in the air. The call on Scott covering Bush looked questionable, but they never showed a replay. A couple of others as well. Was there a punt without an illegal block in the back?

Let's see what happens next week. I know we are scared of Sanchez against the 49ers D, but Christian Ponder isn't exactly Joe Montana. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Bart Scott had a nice game IMO. Probably would have looked worse if Bush stuck around. Didn't see Coples much, but at least once near the end I think he was being held pretty blatantly. He may be susceptible to that being inexperienced.

Everybody seems to be right about Powell. He looked fair and better than Greene. Even more importantly Greene looked better with a couple of his later runs after Powell had been spelling him. He ran more like it was going to be his last carry. How many people got scared when he went wide losing yards on that last play? I was screaming bloody murder, but I think they were just trying to set the hash for the kick.

Schillens makes an appearance. He looked like he had some life. Didn't he wear 82 in the preseason? At first I was trying to find out which practce squad reject had Wesley's number this time. Hill missed a couple of easy balls, but he probably would have had the one bomb if he weren't pulling up lame. Kerley looked decent. They should look to get him the ball more. He can cover some ground after the catch.

One INT on Gates. The other was pretty poor. The red zone offense was terrible. They are going to miss Burress and Tomlinson down there, but hopefully others will step up. Tebow losing yards is inexcusable and leaving that wide open Cumberland play on the table hurt. Sanchez did not look good, but I heard the announcers say something along the lines of cool and efficient Andy Dalton and he basically handed the 'skins 7 points by soft tossing a screen pass to their LB on the 1. Maybe most of these guys suck.

I dont know why I'm posting this here but figured its suitable - how about the Fasano catch that wasnt overturned? I mean, are you ****ing kidding me? He did not hold onto the ball all the way through the catch. It most certainly popped out and hit the ground. It was quite obvious.

That might have been the biggest head scratching review I've ever seen.

I also left out that we are a hard team. We got punched in the face, stood up to it. Came back and struggled to a win. The Dolphins are not a good team, but they are very tough. They have a tough defense that is difficult to run on, a big O line and solid running game. We stood up to them and won a close game. All the things the Ape said we never do. Of course his response will be that it's only the Dolphins. There is some truth in that, but it's still an NFL road win.

I dont know why I'm posting this here but figured it suitable - how about the Fasano catch that wasnt overturned? I mean, are you ****ing kidding me? He did not hold onto the ball all the way through the catch. It most certainly popped out and hit the ground. It was quite obvious.

Yeah, I meant to comment on that too.

It seemed obvious, but that rule is so moronic that it doesn't bother me much when they don't follow it. One of the worst rules ever. The guy obviously had the ball and both feet down. Therefore it's a catch. Of course, by the rules it isn't, but I prefer logic and 40 years of experience to the current NFL rulebook.

Agree Powell has some speed through the holes that Greene does not.

Our interior defense is slow to react to speed backs-thsi is a major problem right now.

also we still can not get a pass rush going and without Revis that scares me!

kyle wilson sucks

I also left out that we are a hard team. We got punched in the face, stood up to it. Came back and struggled to a win. The Dolphins are not a good team, but they are very tough. They have a tough defense that is difficult to run on, a big O line and solid running game. We stood up to them and won a close game. All the things the Ape said we never do. Of course his response will be that it's only the Dolphins. There is some truth in that, but it's still an NFL road win.

You actually put any stock into what that monkey says?

Truth is, the Dolphags arent that bad. If you can run the ball like that and stop the run the way they do, you're going to put up a fight vs. a lot of teams in this league. The Texans throttled them and they IMO are the class of the NFL but that was a rookie QB's first game on the road vs. a very good defense and JJ Watt was playing out of his mind.

The Dolphags will surprise teams this year and I think they beat a Bills or Pats team at home and help the Jets out.

Yeah, I meant to comment on that too.

It seemed obvious, but that rule is so moronic that it doesn't bother me much when they don't follow it. One of the worst rules ever. The guy obviously had the ball and both feet down. Therefore it's a catch. Of course, by the rules it isn't, but I prefer logic and 40 years of experience to the current NFL rulebook.

Rule may be stupid but it was blatantly obvious it was not a catch.

You actually put any stock into what that monkey says?

Truth is, the Dolphags arent that bad. If you can run the ball like that and stop the run the way they do, you're going to put up a fight vs. a lot of teams in this league. The Texans throttled them and they IMO are the class of the NFL but that was a rookie QB's first game on the road vs. a very good defense and JJ Watt was playing out of his mind.

The Dolphags will surprise teams this year and I think they beat a Bills or Pats team at home and help the Jets out.

Rule may be stupid but it was blatantly obvious it was not a catch.

Yeah, but it bothers less in terms of "justice" when they don't enforce stupid rules.

As for the monkey, I didn't put much stock in what he said in the first place, but this game, ugly as it was, seems to directly contradict his hypothesis.

Marv should retire. He never had any idea what was going on. Also, the Jets were setting the edge against Bush. When the guy is turned back inside and crosses the field, that's because the edge was set. The problem is stopping him after you set the edge.

I dont know why I'm posting this here but figured its suitable - how about the Fasano catch that wasnt overturned? I mean, are you ****ing kidding me? He did not hold onto the ball all the way through the catch. It most certainly popped out and hit the ground. It was quite obvious.

It would've been better had the official simply stated that "the call on the field stands." Instead, he went as far as to say that the receiver maintained possession going to the ground, which was obviously not the case in any of the replay angles.

Yeah, but it bothers less in terms of "justice" when they don't enforce stupid rules.

As for the monkey, I didn't put much stock in what he said in the first place, but this game, ugly as it was, seems to directly contradict his hypothesis.

Marv should retire. He never had any idea what was going on. Also, the Jets were setting the edge against Bush. When the guy is turned back inside and crosses the field, that's because the edge was set. The problem is stopping him after you set the edge.

Agreed. Most of those runs were shut down but he made something of it anyway. He's really become a great RB. Great vision, patient, lets the lanes open for him and he's got he moves and speed to get into those lanes and pretty much always get positive yardage.

I'm not sure what happened to this team, but some where along the way they've forgot how to wrap RB's up and not let them get positive yardage after contact. I mean, we shut Pitts down, but its clear they cant run the Football anymore because they cant run block have plodding RB's, just like the Jets.

It would've been better had the official simply stated that "the call on the field stands." Instead, he went as far as to say that the receiver maintained possession going to the ground, which was obviously not the case in any of the replay angles.

Yes, the explanation made it all the more ridiculous.

Rex's face was absolutely priceless after that call.

Agreed. Most of those runs were shut down but he made something of it anyway. He's really become a great RB. Great vision, patient, lets the lanes open for him and he's got he moves and speed to get into those lanes and pretty much always get positive yardage.

I'm not sure what happened to this team, but some where along the way they've forgot how to wrap RB's up and not let them get positive yardage after contact. I mean, we shut Pitts down, but its clear they cant run the Football anymore because they cant run block have plodding RB's, just like the Jets.

It has to be the practice rules. The linebackers are slow but they've usually been good tacklers. The no contact practice rules are really hurting the defense. Although, other teams don't seem to be having this much of a problem. So maybe they just completely suck.

It has to be the practice rules. The linebackers are slow but they've usually been good tacklers. The no contact practice rules are really hurting the defense. Although, other teams don't seem to be having this much of a problem. So maybe they just completely suck.

I could handle the new practice rules excuse last season, but not this year. You've had time to see how it effects your defense and adjust your practices accordingly. I think last year, it definitely played a big factor because Rex ran very physical camps up till the rule change but no excuses this season.

Whats discouraging is that the Jets gave up the lack of speed in return for very good tacklers who could win the battle at the LOS and shut down anything inside the tackles. Now that they are not doing so, I'm not sure what the answer is. I can say this, they better get it straight because the next 2 teams we face are going to test it all game long.

Honestly, I'd like to see them call Allen up. He's a tweener that may help with what we're going to face the next few weeks.

Honestly, I'd like to see them call Allen up. He's a tweener that may help with what we're going to face the next few weeks.

How long until Keller comes back? They will probably play with the roster by dumping Epps and moving guys up once Keller is healthy. Reuland playing FB and TE will help but there still isn't much reason to have 4 healthy TEs. Epps is probably the low man on the totem pole overall. They brought up Fletcher more recently, but with Revis hurt they aren't likely to cut a corner.

How long until Keller comes back? They will probably play with the roster by dumping Epps and moving guys up once Keller is healthy. Reuland playing FB and TE will help but there still isn't much reason to have 4 healthy TEs. Epps is probably the low man on the totem pole overall. They brought up Fletcher more recently, but with Revis hurt they aren't likely to cut a corner.

Yeah, I keep forgetting the Revis injury is going to make for a roster spot. ugh. I was going to say, cut Epps, I like Cumberland and Reuland, they allow you to use Keller outside, which he's better suited for IMO.

I'm wondering if they are going to look outside of the team for CB help. Ty Law still around?

the NFL is fickle, especially on the road.

PIT manhandled the Jets at home and then lost on the road at OAK.

MIA blew out OAK last week and then lost to the Jets

Archived