Revis out for the year- torn ACL [Merged 3X]

Matt39

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ewing Theory

I don't think it works for an NFL CB, but could work if a dominant defense lost multiple key pieces. As for a single player, I think it would take an injury to a starting QB that is entrenched in the job and has failed to win, which is why the best example (at least in recent history) was courtesy of a Mo Lewis hit. Trent Green's ACL tear giving way to Warner and a Super Bowl victory is up there too, but Green hadn't even started a regular season game for STL at that point.

I don't think it works for an NFL CB, but could work if a dominant defense lost multiple key pieces. As for a single player, I think it would take an injury to a starting QB that is entrenched in the job and has failed to win, which is why the best example (at least in recent history) was courtesy of a Mo Lewis hit. Trent Green's ACL tear giving way to Warner and a Super Bowl victory is up there too, but Green hadn't even started a regular season game for STL at that point.

Drew Bledsoe -----> Tom Brady.

Drew Bledsoe -----> Tom Brady.

redundant02_xlarge.jpeg

This feels like one of those seasons when Joe Namath would be lost for the year with his knee-you know WAY before 90% of you guys were born...it's always the Jets

Yes, SFJ, almost feels like the season when Namath broke his naviculat bone (wrist) in pre-season against the Lions.

This sucks!

Rex looking like his dog died here.

Rex delivering this news like this is like waving a white flag to the rest of the league. What a pussy. Injuries are part of this game, come out, announce it and then set the precedent that injuries will not derail this team, and its just time for someone else to step up.

No matter what words came out of his mouth. His body language said it all... expectations of failure. Some leadership.

Rex delivering this news like this is like waving a white flag to the rest of the league. What a pussy. Injuries are part of this game, come out, announce it and then set the precedent that injuries will not derail this team, and its just time for someone else to step up.

No matter what words came out of his mouth. His body language said it all... expectations of failure. Some leadership.

I thought it was a bit strange as well. He's probably nervous that "his top 5 defense" might get exposed without Revis taking away a side of the field.

we think Sanchez is a mope...Rex was moping more than anyone today.

I thought it was a bit strange as well. He's probably nervous that "his top 5 defense" might get exposed without Revis taking away a side of the field.

we think Sanchez is a mope...Rex was moping more than anyone today.

His top 5 defense gets exposed when it gets trampled the first 3 games of this season.

At the end of the day, having a great defense is a luxury. Not a necessity for winning the SuperBowl. I refuse to believe that with all the over-investment in this defense that losing Revis will render it garbage.

Honestly, it is an offense-driven league. I find it alarming Rex doesn't see this.

The vaunted 49ers defense got drubbed yesterday by Christian Ponder and the Vikings. Having an offense is far more important. This might be a blessing for Rex, if he realizes this during this season without Revis.

He's soft.

Time to Fire the big mouth fatty.

Hire John Gruden. Could you imagine his body language in the presser!!!????!!!!

BODY LANGUAGE FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with the criticism, but I believe it's premature. Wait until the next couple of press conferences this week to see if he's still doing the woe-is-me thing or looks fired up.

The press conference reminds me of the post Falcons loss in 2009 when Rex wrote off the team's playoff chances and then the next day was all happy smiles and firy talk the next day.

I agree with the criticism, but I believe it's premature. Wait until the next couple of press conferences this week to see if he's still doing the woe-is-me thing or looks fired up.

The press conference reminds me of the post Falcons loss in 2009 when Rex wrote off the team's playoff chances and then the next day was all happy smiles and firy talk the next day.

What a fat turd. He loses the best defensive back of all time and he forgets to gurantee a Superbowl at his presser. What a joke.

Speaking of Tebow, here's my theory-

Our boy Timmy heard Calvin Pace talking about "taking Reggie Bush out", so he said a small prayer to make things right. After God saw the victory celebration from two Jets hitting Bush in the knees, he decided to even the score by making Revis perform a silly ballerina dance that would end his season. No penalty or suspensions necessary...that's Tebow at work, my friends!

I love it! So, now Rex is nothing but a fat pos because revis is hurt. lmao I mean, granted, he probably should've had the team f---- stretch instead of sleeping in. (Hill and Revis--and nobody touched them!) but it is a little ridiculous the way people turn on their team, their coaches...."Just fire him and bring in Gruden! Then if he doesn't work just get Parcells......" That's silly. I'm glad guys on this forum aren't playing for them or they'd really be f---in toast. lol

Really though-- His "body language" lmao smh

I love it! So, now Rex is nothing but a fat pos because revis is hurt. lmao I mean, granted, he probably should've had the team f---- stretch instead of sleeping in. (Hill and Revis--and nobody touched them!) but it is a little ridiculous the way people turn on their team, their coaches...."Just fire him and bring in Gruden! Then if he doesn't work just get Parcells......" That's silly. I'm glad guys on this forum aren't playing for them or they'd really be f---in toast. lol

Really though-- His "body language" lmao smh

8 hours of stretching wouldn't have helped Revis.

This ****ing team. Swear to God. Gonna take a Jets break, I think. Maybe two weeks. Self-ban. The Miami game literally caused me to get a headache, which lasted until today. I'm not one of those emotionally-attached fruitbags who loses it over the Jets, either. I'm a nihilist, and it's exhausting.

This ****ing team. Swear to God. Gonna take a Jets break, I think. Maybe two weeks. Self-ban. The Miami game literally caused me to get a headache, which lasted until today. I'm not one of those emotionally-attached fruitbags who loses it over the Jets, either. I'm a nihilist, and it's exhausting.

I change my mind. I love Mark Sanchez.

Archived