Is it all on Sanchez now?

slats

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Point is, regardless of their ability levels, we struggle to get the ball in their hands at all. We don't have great talent, but it's not abysmal either. This year is probably the worst, but it's not like we've seen a drop off, we're seeing the exact same thing we've seen since the beginning.

He is not making the mind numbing mistakes/decisions that we saw last year. I am in no way saying he gets any more rope than this year from me to show improvement but your attempt to gloss over our severe lack of weapons at the skill positions is rubbish.

You also overlook the fact of how many drops and wrong routes are ran when he does get the ball in their super talented hands.

I would struggle to name five teams that we have better skill position players than and that includes our QB.

On your end though, at least get past your agenda to acknowledge that the current play of our RB/WR combo does not make improvement easy on him.

Well, his playoff record/play has been very good, throw in the fact that it was on the road makes it that much more impressive.

Other than that, I will tell you that having played and watching football for most of my life, I think he has been dealt a nearly impossible situation to succeed in 2011 and this year. I think very few QBs would have looked good in the same situation

Eric Smith has the same playoff record.

But, that's cool! What team did you play for?

He is not making the mind numbing mistakes/decisions that we saw last year. I am in no way saying he gets any more rope than this year from me to show improvement but your attempt to gloss over our severe lack of weapons at the skill positions is rubbish.

You also overlook the fact of how many drops and wrong routes are ran when he does get the ball in their super talented hands.

I would struggle to name five teams that we have better skill position players than and that includes our QB.

On your end though, at least get past your agenda to acknowledge that the current play of our RB/WR combo does not make improvement easy on him.

I've said plenty that our skill positions are weak this year. However, I would disagree and say that he's still making a lot of mistakes. His accuracy is still crap too. Even if you eliminate all his drops, his completion percentage was still bad.

Braylon Edwards play has gone into the toilet the minute he left Sanchez. Ditto Cotchery.

Edwards got hurt and teams got sick of him (just like the Jets did). Cotch became a 4th option. I still think Cotch is the same player, hugely overrated by Jets fans. Holmes came here to have the same/increased role. Neither of the players you mentioned cna say the same.

Eric Smith has the same playoff record.

I understand that we need to stick to a theme here, but Sanchez has played very well in the postseason, and is a major reason why the Jets have been 4-2 there in his time with the team.

95/157, 1155 yards, 7.4 ypa, 9 TDs, 3 ints, for a 94.3 passer rating. Those are good numbers.

Edwards got hurt and teams got sick of him (just like the Jets did). Cotch became a 4th option. I still think Cotch is the same player, hugely overrated by Jets fans. Holmes came here to have the same/increased role. Neither of the players you mentioned cna say the same.

Last year the entire offense sucked. Holmes in 2010 had about what he did in Pittsburgh if you take away the 4 game suspension. This year he's been good in two games and sh*tty in one. Holmes play was in the toilet against the Steelers.

As far as Cotchery and Edwards...goes to show the lack of skill position players that Jets have surrounded their franchise Qb with. Neither of these guys are considered good players...when Greene isnt resigned this offseason he may not even be in the league.

I understand that we need to stick to a theme here, but Sanchez has played very well in the postseason, and is a major reason why the Jets have been 4-2 there in his time with the team.

95/157, 1155 yards, 7.4 ypa, 9 TDs, 3 ints, for a 94.3 passer rating. Those are good numbers.

The post season has been where he's played the best. And that's great. However, his disappearing act in 2009 also played a huge role in costing us the Colts game, he was nearly non-existant until the end of the 2nd Colts game, and then he was awful until it was too late in the Steelers game.

You've ignored every single comment about Santonio Holmes's play going in the toliet the moment he teamed with Sanchez. The RBs aren't very good. No denying that.

EY when have I ignored Santonios play going in the toilet ? The guy had one good year in Pitt and has done nothing since. Not sure what I ignored other than the guy being madly inconsistent.

My point is that having a top tier RB does not equate an improvement at RB. My main issue with the Sanchez camp is their willingness to pass the blame elsewhere. The argument itself is borderline retarded. Of course Jamaal Charles, MJD, or AP are BETTER than what we have. So is Rodger, Brees and Brady at QB. Wouldn't our run game be more productive with a better QB like those 3 because it'd open up running lanes instead of people stacking the box? The argument can be flip-flopped.

Hi Vic.

Gabbert, Cassell, Flacco, Ponder, Vick, Wilson, Tannenhill, Palmer - all have great RB's and suck at the QB position.

Has Sanchez ever had a "signature moment" in his entire career where you said "man, THAT'S why we he's our QB!" Ponder that while you pile up the excuses for why his productivity is around the bottom every year.

TD pass to Keller in SD in IIRC his first playoff game. Ad libbed a little.

Yes. I had what I thought was reasonable logic as to why they hadnt been as successful the first 2 weeks, now seeing them again, they suck.

i hear ya. it's ****in disheartening. year after year we as jets fans have to try to find some logic to support qwhy we think the offense/defense/qb are better than they have been playing. it sucks, but thats the way its always been. i started liking football around 10 years old so its 27 years an counting. oh well at least i'm a mets fan :(

i hear ya. it's ****in disheartening. year after year we as jets fans have to try to find some logic to support qwhy we think the offense/defense/qb are better than they have been playing. it sucks, but thats the way its always been. i started liking football around 10 years old so its 27 years an counting. oh well at least i'm a mets fan :(

Jets, Mets, Knicks. FML and Dad.

Getting into Florida saved my sportsfandom.

Then it's probably the receivers not getting open.

Root trees.

i dont know anymore but this GM needs to go i say dump sanchez and get Hasselbeck draft a qb and hope that a new gm will get us a good scout team that can draft like a real nfl team not like a xbox game,im just sick of this we are a joke,and it pains me to say that

Has Sanchez ever had a "signature moment" in his entire career where you said "man, THAT'S why we he's our QB!" Ponder that while you pile up the excuses for why his productivity is around the bottom every year.

The 2010 Texans game was ****ing brilliant. The one time I really thought we may have finally found our guy. Unfortunately it was just a flash in the pan. Such a damn shame.

I hope so.

I had this as a make or break year for Sanchez as it was. Jets have always leaned heavily on their defense, and basically asked their offense not to screw up. Now they need their offense to not only hold onto the football, but to hold onto it across the goal line. Often.

I like the extra pressure on the QB. He's performed well in the playoffs with pressure on him, maybe he games up better with added pressure in the regular season. Obviously, I hope so. This has the potential to be his time. He either grows into the job right now, or he wilts like the delicate flower his detractors say he ultimately is.

I'm rooting for him.

Hopefully we will get to see Sanchez this week have a day like this:

25 for 35, 310 yards and 3 TD's.........but more importantly ZERO INTs

The 2010 Texans game was ****ing brilliant. The one time I really thought we may have finally found our guy. Unfortunately it was just a flash in the pan. Such a damn shame.

It was more than 1 game. It was really the whole 2010 season. In the AFCCG on 3rd & 6 with Big Ben having the ball, didn't you feel right then that if the Jets got the ball back Sanchez would march them down the field for the gamewinning SB birthing TD?

That feeling is lost now and it's kinda sad.

Archived