Jets re-sign Bryan Thomas

nyjets96

I understood last week the need to cut him so that we could carry an extra DB, but why resign him and cut Dixon? Was Dixon that vital this past week that we couldn't have cut him instead?

Dixon played, while it's entirely possible Thomas was not going to do so either way (considering he sat out vs the Steelers). Thomas has been with this team long enough that I'm sure they talked to him before hand and had it all worked out that he'd be back with the team this week with no concerns of him going elsewhere.

Dixon played, while it's entirely possible Thomas was not going to do so either way (considering he sat out vs the Steelers). Thomas has been with this team long enough that I'm sure they talked to him before hand and had it all worked out that he'd be back with the team this week with no concerns of him going elsewhere.

They talked to him alright, but he wasn't happy about it:

Rich Cimini@RichCimini

Bryan Thomas says he was "pissed" by way #Jets treated him -- cut Saturday, re-signed today. Used "pissed" 3 times.

They talked to him alright, but he wasn't happy about it:

Well then, didn't exactly expect that. You'd think even if it were true, he'd keep his mouth shut about it. After all, he obviously wasn't pissed enough not to re-sign with the team. Considering the fact that his pay for the year was already guaranteed, not sure what the big deal is if he wasn't going to be playing yesterday anyway, but I guess it's more a respect thing.

Well then, didn't exactly expect that. You'd think even if it were true, he'd keep his mouth shut about it. After all, he obviously wasn't pissed enough not to re-sign with the team. Considering the fact that his pay for the year was already guaranteed, not sure what the big deal is if he wasn't going to be playing yesterday anyway, but I guess it's more a respect thing.

I was surprised too, but he went on to say he was over it and wants to retire a Jet, blah, blah, blah. I'll never understand why some of these idiots open their mouths and say some of the $hit they do. This is the same guy who basically admitted to taking a season off. Stay healthy and make plays or play somewhere else Bryan...like the CFL perhaps.

Archived