A. Smith, M. Schaub, A. Luck, R. Wilson, S. Bradford, K. Kolb, B. Gabbert, J. Locker, P. Rivers

JustInFudge

Are the QB's outside of the division the Jets face this season.

As I fan, I'm pretty upset right now because hands down the most exciting player I can remember being a professional sports fan is out for the season. As a Jets, Mets, Knicks fan in his early 30's, Revis is arguably the best player I've witnessed on one of my favorite teams. It sucks we have to wait till next season to see him play again.

That said, the QB's above can beaten without the services of Darrelle Revis. I know the Jets got major issues and losing the best player is never a positive, but I dont think any of these players scare you as a secondary. Nor do any of them, save Houston, have a WR that can ruin your day. Cro is better than most #1CB's out there and while Wilson gets a lot of heat around here, he's really not a bad #2. He might even have more success on the outside where he played in college. The slot is hard to cover. Plus, the Jets finally have safeties who are not Eric Smith.

The Jets have a lot of problems. And because of that, this could be a moot point, but I dont think the loss of Revis kills the season strictly based on the QB's and offenses we'll be facing.

Agreed. Injuries happen all the time; yea it blows, but I still remember the damned Pats going 11-5 after losing Tom f*cking Brady. Guys like Landry, Bell and Wilson will have to step it up on the backend and hopefully Ellis, Coples and Wilk get into a groove.

It's a crazy season, I'm currently watching Green Bay get run up and down the field because of a porous offensive line; at least we seem to have something going on in our trenches. I think we'll know more come sunday.

Im a fan all those teams as well. So I feel your pain. Im almost 54 yrs old and Im getting tired of waiting for this team to win a superbowl. I agree with your assesment of these QB's. We should at the very least be competitive, and perhaps win 4-5 of those games.

Agreed. Injuries happen all the time; yea it blows, but I still remember the damned Pats going 11-5 after losing Tom f*cking Brady. Guys like Landry, Bell and Wilson will have to step it up on the backend and hopefully Ellis, Coples and Wilk get into a groove.

It's a crazy season, I'm currently watching Green Bay get run up and down the field because of a porous offensive line; at least we seem to have something going on in our trenches. I think we'll know more come sunday.

The Jets havent shown me anything to make me think they are a great team but just based on who they face, I've got to think Rex can finagle quite a few wins out this season. There is still talent on this defense. Rex didnt forget how to coach it all of a sudden. I've got to think it gets tightened up and maybe (huge stretch here) they all take it up a notch knowing that nobody thinks they are any good without him.

The Jets will face 3 rookies in Tannenhill, Luck and Wilson. 1 first year stater in Locker and kind of Kolb. 1 second year starter in Gabbert. Sam Bradford is essentially a 2nd year starter because of his injuries. Rex owns Rivers. Houston has never beaten the Jets. Alex Smith sucks.

There really is no reason the Jets cant shut these guys down without Revis other than them sucking and stuff.

The Jets have so many holes I think it might actually make the owner finally realize the personnel ppl in this organization need to go. The talent level is embarrassing.

There's talent on defense. Something just isnt clicking. They arent different from the years past like the offense. But I'm just saying from how this injury impacts the Jets defense.

Brady is going to go mental on us, but I think they can still shut down most of these schlubs. And they are already 2-0 in the division.

There's talent on defense. Something just isnt clicking. They arent different from the years past like the offense. But I'm just saying from how this injury impacts the Jets defense.

Brady is going to go mental on us, but I think they can still shut down most of these schlubs. And they are already 2-0 in the division.

Meh.I like Landry and he's a one year flier. Wilkerson is solid, never going to be a star. Harris looks awful tbh. The dline is where we've supposively been investing and its still Devito and Dixon out there. The team just looks old, tired and slow. Watching the Seahawks is depressing...our D flew around liek that in 2009.

idk if Rex has worn out or what...but there needs to be an overhaul in personnel. The team just isnt very good.

Meh.I like Landry and he's a one year flier. Wilkerson is solid, never going to be a star. Harris looks awful tbh. The dline is where we've supposively been investing and its still Devito and Dixon out there. The team just looks old, tired and slow. Watching the Seahawks is depressing...our D flew around liek that in 2009.

idk if Rex has worn out or what...but there needs to be an overhaul in personnel. The team just isnt very good.

Meh? Who's missing from last 3 years when the D was top 5? Ellis? Leonhard? Westerman? Its pretty much the same team. I dont understand why they are so awful right now. Old slow, maybe. Dont know. But its weird.

The team sucks. But thats not my point. Plenty of threads to talk about how the team sucks.

Point is, we dont play anyone that scares you.

As I fan, I'm pretty upset right now because hands down the most exciting player I can remember being a professional sports fan is out for the season. As a Jets, Mets, Knicks fan in his early 30's, Revis is arguably the best player I've witnessed on one of my favorite teams. It sucks we have to wait till next season to see him play again.

That said, the QB's above can beaten without the services of Darrelle Revis. I know the Jets got major issues and losing the best player is never a positive, but I dont think any of these players scare you as a secondary. Nor do any of them, save Houston, have a WR that can ruin your day. Cro is better than most #1CB's out there and while Wilson gets a lot of heat around here, he's really not a bad #2. He might even have more success on the outside where he played in college. The slot is hard to cover. Plus, the Jets finally have safeties who are not Eric Smith.

The Jets have a lot of problems. And because of that, this could be a moot point, but I dont think the loss of Revis kills the season strictly based on the QB's and offenses we'll be facing.

The way I see it, A. Smith has a great defense and their offense is getting a bit hot so loss, A. Luck is a rookie and has a crap defense so win, R. Wilson's defense is stacked so loss, K. Kolb also has a pretty stacked defense so loss, B. Gabbert sucks so win, J. Locker win, P. Rivers loss, and M Schaub has Andre Johnson so loss. Bradford, can go either way, I imagine Schotty will be gunning for us so it could go either way.

3-5, I'm calling it, might be worse though, Gabbert might start playing like he did in preseason and Locker might go crazy again.

Meh? Who's missing from last 3 years when the D was top 5? Ellis? Leonhard? Westerman? Its pretty much the same team. I dont understand why they are so awful right now. Old slow, maybe. Dont know. But its weird.

The team sucks. But thats not my point. Plenty of threads to talk about how the team sucks.

The schedule is looks fairly easy...I just dont know if the defense is good enough to carry us like in year past. Which is kind of how Rex has built this team. If we cant stop the Phins on 3rd down I cant excatly be too confident.

The way I see it, A. Smith has a great defense and their offense is getting a bit hot so loss, A. Luck is a rookie and has a crap defense so win, R. Wilson's defense is stacked so loss, K. Kolb also has a pretty stacked defense so loss, B. Gabbert sucks so win, J. Locker win, P. Rivers loss, and M Schaub has Andre Johnson so loss. Bradford, can go either way, I imagine Schotty will be gunning for us so it could go either way.

3-5, I'm calling it, might be worse though, Gabbert might start playing like he did in preseason and Locker might go crazy again.

San Fran's offense is getting hot? They scored 1 TD vs. Minnesota last week.

Without Revis or a passrush every QB is going to have an easy time. Then the RBs will after we start pulling guys to help cover.

On the bright side we should be able to get a top ten pick next year and maybe find a player who can get to the QB, catch a ****ing football, run without falling down when touch, not over throw wide open players, block, tackle or basically play football at a starting level for the NFL.

The schedule is looks fairly easy...I just dont know if the defense is good enough to carry us like in year past. Which is kind of how Rex has built this team. If we cant stop the Phins on 3rd down I cant excatly be too confident.

I dont know either. Certainly havent shown it so far, but if Rex truly is the best defensive coach in the league like he says he is, these should not be Qb's who scare you.

2 big problems with the defense:

1 - tackling has been suspect since the Pit AFC Championship game

2 - Rex owned 3rd down his first two seasons here. Not anymore. The Pit 3rd and 16 that turned into a 50-yd TD pretty much summed up the struggles.

If Rex / Pettine can get the tackling and 3rd downs figured out, they can recover from losing Revis.

Losing Revis doesn't kill the season. It's absurd for anyone to jump to that conclusion.

Defense really no longer wins championships. Not by itself like it might have. Offense does. Period.

All losing Revis does is force Rex and Pettine to build a more complete defense. I look forward to seeing it. I think Rex has been lucky to have Revis, but now I'd like to see what he does without such a single-player advantage. Without Revis we might drop from a top 5 defense (which we haven't even played like yet this year) to a top 12 defense, I would guess. That still makes us pretty ****ing dangerous... we just have to see results from some of these D-lineman standing on the sidelines that we've used our top picks on the past couple years.

To me it is an absolute joke how many first rounders we have on our sideline right now.

To whom are you referring, exactly?

I think Coples, Tebow, Jason Smith are all former first rounders, can't recall without looking it up who the other 1st rounders are that Tanny has gone around collecting. Then we have borderline 1sts like Ducasse... actually come to think of it, the better statement would have been "it's an absolute joke how many recent draft picks we have on our sideline".

Since we have really drafted any capable starters since Mangold and Brick, and arguably Sanchez. Personally, I think Sanchez would have been best served with a year behind a veteran.

Hill should be serving his rookie year behind a veteran too.

The way the Jets are running the ball, I dunno...

I think a running QB actually improves the play of the RBs. It wouldn't be a miracle, but it'd help as it did last year with the Broncos and the past couple years for the Eagles when the rolled Vick out.

I think Coples, Tebow, Jason Smith are all former first rounders, can't recall without looking it up who the other 1st rounders are that Tanny has gone around collecting. Then we have borderline 1sts like Ducasse... actually come to think of it, the better statement would have been "it's an absolute joke how many recent draft picks we have on our sideline".

No, the best statement would have been the one in my sig.

I think a running QB actually improves the play of the RBs. It wouldn't be a miracle, but it'd help as it did last year with the Broncos and the past couple years for the Eagles when the rolled Vick out.

This is correct. Seems counterintuitive but running QB's open running lanes for RB's and have a tendency to increase their producvity even if the QB is running a lot himself. It's partly why Alfred Morris is having a solid start this year this season playing alongside RGIII and why LeSean McCoy had a monster year last season with Vick.

Yes, it typically does, but we're not getting a push. Maybe that changes because you have an extra running back in the game, but I dunno.

Archived