A. Smith, M. Schaub, A. Luck, R. Wilson, S. Bradford, K. Kolb, B. Gabbert, J. Locker, P. Rivers

JustInFudge

San Fran's offense is getting hot? They scored 1 TD vs. Minnesota last week.

And 30 points against the packers, and 27 against the lions. They showed they can outscore high powered offenses, and their defense is obviously top notch. So it's probably going to be a defensive battle going on in NY which I expect that San Fran will win.

Meh? Who's missing from last 3 years when the D was top 5? Ellis? Leonhard? Westerman? Its pretty much the same team. I dont understand why they are so awful right now. Old slow, maybe. Dont know. But its weird.

The team sucks. But thats not my point. Plenty of threads to talk about how the team sucks.

Point is, we dont play anyone that scares you.

Year older/slower and people have caught up to Rex's scheme, we don't have a single pass rusher who can make anything happen without dialing up some exotic blitz. Teams have also realized that the only coverage going on with our safeties and linebackers is me covering my eyes every time I see a ball thrown towards them

The Jets will face 3 rookies in Tannenhill, Luck and Wilson. 1 first year stater in Locker and kind of Kolb. 1 second year starter in Gabbert. Sam Bradford is essentially a 2nd year starter because of his injuries. Rex owns Rivers. Houston has never beaten the Jets. Alex Smith sucks.

There really is no reason the Jets cant shut these guys down without Revis other than them sucking and stuff.

Great thread. Great post. Hawt poster. This is all true and I do believe we will be very good on defense without Revis. Guys might wake up and realize they are now accountable rally and play better. We have seen it over and over again in the NFL. I do believe Rex is a defensive guru. Our talent on defense even without Revis is good enough to get the job done. The problem is we have to also play offense in games. Our failure this season will be an offense that gets too many 3 and outs and does not sustain drives.

Even without Revis our offense is a much bigger problem then the defense. I find it realistic that Rex will eventually get the defense to stop the run and play good pass D. We will also get some pressure on the QB. All thoughts my brain can accept and sustain. Yet not in my most intricate bacon laced fantasy do I see our offense playing well enough for it to matter. We lack too much talent on O. Funny thing is people were concerned about the O line coming into the season and turns out it's the best part of our offense.

Are the QB's outside of the division the Jets face this season.

As I fan, I'm pretty upset right now because hands down the most exciting player I can remember being a professional sports fan is out for the season. As a Jets, Mets, Knicks fan in his early 30's, Revis is arguably the best player I've witnessed on one of my favorite teams. It sucks we have to wait till next season to see him play again.

That said, the QB's above can beaten without the services of Darrelle Revis. I know the Jets got major issues and losing the best player is never a positive, but I dont think any of these players scare you as a secondary. Nor do any of them, save Houston, have a WR that can ruin your day. Cro is better than most #1CB's out there and while Wilson gets a lot of heat around here, he's really not a bad #2. He might even have more success on the outside where he played in college. The slot is hard to cover. Plus, the Jets finally have safeties who are not Eric Smith.

The Jets have a lot of problems. And because of that, this could be a moot point, but I dont think the loss of Revis kills the season strictly based on the QB's and offenses we'll be facing.

Arizona's got a pretty good WR. Doubt you would have heard of him, though.

And 30 points against the packers, and 27 against the lions. They showed they can outscore high powered offenses, and their defense is obviously top notch. So it's probably going to be a defensive battle going on in NY which I expect that San Fran will win.

Your words "and their offense is getting a bit hot" - but in their most recent competition they scored a TD once. So if they scored a bunch in the first 2 games but only scored a single TD in the third, it would seem more like, their offense is getting a bit cold.

Year older/slower and people have caught up to Rex's scheme, we don't have a single pass rusher who can make anything happen without dialing up some exotic blitz. Teams have also realized that the only coverage going on with our safeties and linebackers is me covering my eyes every time I see a ball thrown towards them

Meh, Scott is getting older. Pouha who doesnt really need to be fast. And Pace who shouldnt be slowing down at 31. Rest of the D is pretty young or in their prime. Maybe they just suck now, who knows, I think a 3 game home stand might help the defense. We shall see. I'm not optimistic either, just saying that we might be able to get away with not having Revis vs. weak QBs.

Great thread. Great post. Hawt poster. This is all true and I do believe we will be very good on defense without Revis. Guys might wake up and realize they are now accountable rally and play better. We have seen it over and over again in the NFL. I do believe Rex is a defensive guru. Our talent on defense even without Revis is good enough to get the job done. The problem is we have to also play offense in games. Our failure this season will be an offense that gets too many 3 and outs and does not sustain drives.

Even without Revis our offense is a much bigger problem then the defense. I find it realistic that Rex will eventually get the defense to stop the run and play good pass D. We will also get some pressure on the QB. All thoughts my brain can accept and sustain. Yet not in my most intricate bacon laced fantasy do I see our offense playing well enough for it to matter. We lack too much talent on O. Funny thing is people were concerned about the O line coming into the season and turns out it's the best part of our offense.

IN!!!!!*

*if Mrs Crusher reads this someone hacked my account. K? Thanks!

nice thread while it lasted. "I'll race you to the draft forum"

Thanks for responding Muffin Top. Our offense is doodoo but so are these teams as well. If Sanchez can some how find it in his game to just not suck too much, we might be able to score with these teams.

I'll go to jail for you and you and Mrs. Crusher can make a great escape. Boopsie cares.

Arizona's got a pretty good WR. Doubt you would have heard of him, though.

Oh yeah, so he's pretty good. It was a lot of teams I had to think about at once and one of the more profound threads I've ever started. Cut me some slack.

At least, his QB sucks and stuff.

At some point int he next 2 years we have to replace 4 linebackers. And we only have Demario Davis to show for it. Sleep on it!

4? Not really. Rarely are we going to be able to put 4 LB's on the field anymore with the way the NFL is going. We'll be running nickle packages all day with 2 LB's. Davis and McIntyre FTW!

Yeah.....but we're getting Keller back soon.

I'm with JiF. I'm not afraid. So we lost Revis. Big deal. Now we won't have to pay him. Again.

I think the D will be fine. I think all the old, slow sh*t is overblown. I think they will shut down guys like Stephen Jackson. Bush and Spiller are spectacular athletes. They will have to wrap up, but they don't go against guys like that in practice so they had better get it done.

The Pittsburgh game was horrible, but I think the O showed some life against the Dolphins. I thought their performance was atrocious, but they left a lot of points on the field. The missed bombs to Schillens and Hill were very close. The easy lob to Cumberland was there. Hill's drop. The pick in the endzone. While these things were horrible, it also means that the team CAN put points on the board. WIll they? That's the question. Last year they were 8-8 and they never left anything out there.

I'm with JiF. I'm not afraid. So we lost Revis. Big deal. Now we won't have to pay him. Again.

I think the D will be fine. I think all the old, slow sh*t is overblown. I think they will shut down guys like Stephen Jackson. Bush and Spiller are spectacular athletes. They will have to wrap up, but they don't go against guys like that in practice so they had better get it done.

The Pittsburgh game was horrible, but I think the O showed some life against the Dolphins. I thought their performance was atrocious, but they left a lot of points on the field. The missed bombs to Schillens and Hill were very close. The easy lob to Cumberland was there. Hill's drop. The pick in the endzone. While these things were horrible, it also means that the team CAN put points on the board. WIll they? That's the question. Last year they were 8-8 and they never left anything out there.

High five!!!

So does ours, and Santonio Holmes isn't exactly Larry Fitzgerald.

Debbie Downer.

We do, but we don't need FOUR replacements as was stated. For now, we hope Davis and McIntyre make an impact.

I have not noticed Davis.Where has he been. McIntyre a lot more. But when we run 3-4 most of the time i wish the 4 would be impact making group. Not been satisfied with Pace and Harris so far this season. Scott looks most improved of the lot from last season and thats not saying much.

I have not noticed Davis.Where has he been. McIntyre a lot more. But when we run 3-4 most of the time i wish the 4 would be impact making group. Not been satisfied with Pace and Harris so far this season. Scott looks most improved of the lot from last season and thats not saying much.

He's 3 games into his NFL career. If you were expecting a small school 3rd rounder to make an immediate impact he was never going to help us there. But eventually an injury will force him into action and we'll see what he's capable of. That's why we've seen McIntyre; no Bryan Thomas.

Say what you will about Pace but he's been anywhere from solid to superb in his 3rd games, and at 31 I doubt we see an immediate, sharp decline out of his play. So it would be probably be Bart Scott that Davis eventually replaces.

He's 3 games into his NFL career. If you were expecting a small school 3rd rounder to make an immediate impact he was never going to help us there. But eventually an injury will force him into action and we'll see what he's capable of.

Was he even worth being a 3rd rounder.....Oh, i digress.

Yup...IF he is good then he takes care of one spot out of ......

Meh? Who's missing from last 3 years when the D was top 5? Ellis? Leonhard? Westerman? Its pretty much the same team. I dont understand why they are so awful right now. Old slow, maybe. Dont know. But its weird.

The team sucks. But thats not my point. Plenty of threads to talk about how the team sucks.

Point is, we dont play anyone that scares you.

All your mentioning here is QB's and they are associated with teams bro. Sure Alex Smith is no Tom Brady but he plays for a well balanced football team that can beat you in a lot of ways. Same thing with the Houston Texans. Look at the back end of our schedule Cards and Seahawks nothing special at QB but those teams defenses are playing scary good right now. Your making this too much about the QB.

San Fran

Houston

NE twice

Cardinals

Seahawks

All scare the crap out of me As football teams.... the only QB that scares me in that list is Tom Brady

When does Dustin Keller start playing? There's a muhfcka that needs to help Sanchez enjoy a breakout, along with Holmes.

It was nice to see Holmes really step up this week lets hope he can start doing that consistently and he will regain the respect he lost the past year and a half

Are the QB's outside of the division the Jets face this season.

As I fan, I'm pretty upset right now because hands down the most exciting player I can remember being a professional sports fan is out for the season. As a Jets, Mets, Knicks fan in his early 30's, Revis is arguably the best player I've witnessed on one of my favorite teams. It sucks we have to wait till next season to see him play again.

That said, the QB's above can beaten without the services of Darrelle Revis. I know the Jets got major issues and losing the best player is never a positive, but I dont think any of these players scare you as a secondary. Nor do any of them, save Houston, have a WR that can ruin your day. Cro is better than most #1CB's out there and while Wilson gets a lot of heat around here, he's really not a bad #2. He might even have more success on the outside where he played in college. The slot is hard to cover. Plus, the Jets finally have safeties who are not Eric Smith.

The Jets have a lot of problems. And because of that, this could be a moot point, but I dont think the loss of Revis kills the season strictly based on the QB's and offenses we'll be facing.

good post

Ummm, yeah, thats the point of the post of the entire thread....

But you aren't evaluating these QB's based on whether their WR's have been getting separation, their running games have been moving the ball, their o-lines can pass protect, and whether their o-coordinators are calling good root trees. All this must be analyzed before you can determine those QB's you rattled off are any good or not.

Silly JiF.

All your mentioning here is QB's and they are associated with teams bro. Sure Alex Smith is no Tom Brady but he plays for a well balanced football team that can beat you in a lot of ways. Same thing with the Houston Texans. Look at the back end of our schedule Cards and Seahawks nothing special at QB but those teams defenses are playing scary good right now. Your making this too much about the QB.

San Fran

Houston

NE twice

Cardinals

Seahawks

All scare the crap out of me As football teams.... the only QB that scares me in that list is Tom Brady

That said, the QB's above can beaten without the services of Darrelle Revis.

Ummm, yeah, thats the point of the entire thread...down the best CB in the league but we dont exactly play a bunch of QB's who can make you pay for it. Thank for paying attention.

All I pointed out JIF was that your making this all about the QB. 13 teams should not have worried about Alex Smith last year I guess. lmfao :) (sorry had to do it)

Also I paid attention and said the only QB who reallys scares you is Brady.

Archived