NFL has jumped the shark!

Jetscode1

The Cardinals might be legit bro. They have the best front 7 you've never heard of, and Patrick Peterson is the next Revis who can also score TD's on returns. They have no QB, but then again, they're not the only team with that problem.

No doubt, they are a sick D. It was sad to see Kerry Rhodes level Brent Cellek in the middle, did you see that play? Clean as a St. Mary's nun, just shoulder right on the chest.

No doubt, they are a sick D. It was sad to see Kerry Rhodes level Brent Cellek in the middle, did you see that play? Clean as a St. Mary's nun, just shoulder right on the chest.

Yeah I did. Rhodes is in an absolutely ideal situation in Arizona. He was able to make that play because Vick couldn't find anybody open. Anyone can look amazing when you have a free shot at the QB.

ive heard the explanation that possession was shared therefore the call was right. there's no rule that says a defender with 2 hands on the ball has more possession than a receiver with 1 hand on the ball. The missed call was the blatant push off offensive PI but the call in the EZ was actually correct, as unlikely as that seems.

And yet, everyone here keeps telling me the Pittsburgh game was a loss for us as soon as it was put on the schedule, and that I shouldn't be upset about being thumped by a team that lost to the Raiders miserably this week.

pay attention to where those games were played. if the Steelers played Oakland in PIT (Or if the nYJ played PIT in Metlife) the results would be different.

The NFL jumped the shark years ago.

Around the time that they decided to change the whole construction of the game by deciding to start the clock on out of bounds plays.

It does not matter that a game contains less plays. As long as it can be used to hijack tv $$$ and drive the insatiable public appetite of fantasy sports and addictive gambling. The game is actually just a sidelight.

Once again, I think you misunderstand my point. Despite what you or any other goofball here says, I don't subscribe to the expectation or acceptance of a loss because the opponent is "usually a great team", I think we had the Steelers lined up for a home opener loss and sh*t the bed for the reasons I talked about last week.

All you were doing was rationalizing the loss. We could have and should have beaten them.

This wasn't about saying "team A beat team B, and team B beat team C, so..." it was about saying WE SHOULD EXPECT TO WIN and not rationalize it like a pussy when we don't. Like you do.

Damn it, I'm such a soft fan. You're right Gaype.

I VOW TO EXPECT A WIN EVERY SINGLE TIME THE JETS PLAY AND WILL NEVER RATIONALIZE WHY OUR TEAM LOST. NO EXCUSES, JUST RESULTS, THE JETS SHOULD BE RUNNING THE TABLE EVERY YEAR!!!!

I VOW TO EXPECT A WIN EVERY SINGLE TIME THE JETS PLAY AND WILL NEVER RATIONALIZE WHY OUR TEAM LOST. NO EXCUSE, JUT RESULTS, THE JETS SHOULD BE RUNNING THE TABLE EVERY YEAR!!!!

But we already have a GOB

Which direction are you trying to go with that logic, because since we are 2-1 it would be logical to assume we would beat all of them, right? 3-0 Arizona Cardinals I guess they're winning the Super Bowl?

Uh... I wasn't trying to imply anything with that list.. wasn't trying to go in any direction. Of course record has nothing to do with how you perform the next week.

I was just saying I'm surprised that all of those teams are 1-2, and I think most people would be too...

ive heard the explanation that possession was shared therefore the call was right. there's no rule that says a defender with 2 hands on the ball has more possession than a receiver with 1 hand on the ball. The missed call was the blatant push off offensive PI but the call in the EZ was actually correct, as unlikely as that seems.

Wrong.

And yet, everyone here keeps telling me the Pittsburgh game was a loss for us as soon as it was put on the schedule, and that I shouldn't be upset about being thumped by a team that lost to the Raiders miserably this week.

Also aparently you shouldn't be not-upset about beating 2 divisional rivals?

I VOW TO EXPECT A WIN EVERY SINGLE TIME THE JETS PLAY AND WILL NEVER RATIONALIZE WHY OUR TEAM LOST. NO EXCUSES, JUST RESULTS, THE JETS SHOULD BE RUNNING THE TABLE EVERY YEAR!!!!

Only extremes, eh? Because I don't satiate myself with stupid excuses for why it's okay whenever this team folds up against a beatable opponent it means I expect us to run the table? Is that what I said?

No.

Stop being an idiot. You know exactly what I mean.

Also aparently you shouldn't be not-upset about beating 2 divisional rivals?

I'm quite psyched about where we are right now. I said it yesterday, we are 2-1 and undefeated in our division, and we've already accomplished that with only one game's worth of Revis and an offense.

Not bad, imo.

I don't think our defense falls out of the top 12, it's just going to come down to the calamity that we call an offense to show up more regularly. We are going to be allowing 24 points per game all year. We need to figure out how to score 25. ;)

I'm quite psyched about where we are right now. I said it yesterday, we are 2-1 and undefeated in our division, and we've already accomplished that with only one game's worth of Revis and an offense.

Not bad, imo.

I don't think our defense falls out of the top 12, it's just going to come down to the calamity that we call an offense to show up more regularly. We are going to be allowing 24 points per game all year. We need to figure out how to score 25. ;)

We do man, we do...

Why are we not bringing in a vet WR at this point? That's beyond me. You can't throw to Clyde Gates and Chaz Schillens all day. Not if your name is Mark Sanchez.

Only extremes, eh? Because I don't satiate myself with stupid excuses for why it's okay whenever this team folds up against a beatable opponent it means I expect us to run the table? Is that what I said?

No.

Stop being an idiot. You know exactly what I mean.

Are there any games on this schedule that you expect the Jets to lose?

We do man, we do...

Why are we not bringing in a vet WR at this point? That's beyond me. You can't throw to Clyde Gates and Chaz Schillens all day. Not if your name is Mark Sanchez.

Not sure who still available...with last year in mind...we won't look at the high profile-high maintenance type...rules out Plex, Ocho, TO...who does that leave? Patrick Crayton, Mike Williams?

Not sure if this puts more pressure on the NFL or not.

Las Vegas oddsmakers say $300 million or more changed hands worldwide on a controversial referee call that decided the Monday Night Football game between the Green Bay Packers and the Seattle Seahawks.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/vegas-books-300m-changed-hands-165810375--nfl.html

Archived