Anyone remember the Jets-Packers game a couple of years ago...

Klecko73isGod

Yeah, while it really was an awful call, I could really give less of a crap that the Packers got screwed over. They're one of the teams that has always been treated like royalty by the NFL and the refs, so it's about time they learn what it feels like to get the sh*t end of the stick for a change.

Part of is that, just as it's been all season, this is getting made 10 times of a bigger deal made out of than it would have otherwise because it's the replacement refs (and it happened to an NFL-darling like the Packers). Don't get me wrong, it was a horrendous call that obviously impacted the outcome, but I hardly remember such a big deal being made out of it when the Packers were handed those two completely bullsh*t INTs that Klecko mentioned.

where the regular NFL officials TWICE blew simultaneous possession calls and handed the Packers two INTs?

While I do agree that last night's call was incorrect, F the Packers. Paybacks are a bitch, my friend. Eat it, McCarthy.

I remember that game, we should have beat them. In fact those two calls on us were BS. But the thing trhat ghurt us the most that game was Holmes dropping a sure TD in open field.

Yeah, while it really was an awful call, I could really give less of a crap that the Packers got screwed over. They're one of the teams that has always been treated like royalty by the NFL and the refs, so it's about time they learn what it feels like to get the sh*t end of the stick for a change.

Part of is that, just as it's been all season, this is getting made 10 times of a bigger deal made out of than it would have otherwise because it's the replacement refs (and it happened to an NFL-darling like the Packers). Don't get me wrong, it was a horrendous call that obviously impacted the outcome, but I hardly remember such a big deal being made out of it when the Packers were handed those two completely bullsh*t INTs that Klecko mentioned.

"That's why Charles Woodson is a Hall of Famer."

but I hardly remember such a big deal being made out of it when the Packers were handed those two completely bullsh*t INTs that Klecko mentioned.

Probably because you can argue they didn't DIRECTLY decide a win or a loss. There's no guarantee that those calls were going to end up getting us the victory in what ended up a 9-0 game.

Last nights' gaffe was on the very last play of the game. In primetime no less.

Probably because you can argue they didn't DIRECTLY decide a win or a loss. There's no guarantee that those calls were going to end up getting us the victory in what ended up a 9-0 game.

Last nights' gaffe was on the very last play of the game. In primetime no less.

The fact that it was the last play of the game is certainly a valid point, which is why I would agree this call was actually a little bit worse than those, but I was just using that as an example since it had already been mentioned in this thread. In that case you could use the AFC Championship game and the Ravens WRs getting raped in the endzone with no call (in a game which they were calling a never-ending stream of pass-defense related penalties against the Ravens) as another example that wasn't made nearly as big of a deal out of as this.

As far as it being prime time though, that kind of fits in with the concept that it's just being a bigger deal made out of because of circumstances. A call shouldn't be considered any better or worse because of who is making the call, who it is made against, or when the game is played. All of that said, it was still of course a horrendously awful call.

As far as it being prime time though, that kind of fits in with the concept that it's just being a bigger deal made out of because of circumstances. A call shouldn't be considered any better or worse because of who is making the call, who it is made against, or when the game is played. All of that said, it was still of course a horrendously awful call.

It's kind of a culmination of things, Captain BG. The frustration over the replacement refs had reached a boiling point this week. The refs seemed like they were losing control of games, were throwing an excess number of flags, botching lots of little calls. Then this happens on Monday Night Football.

It was a banner night for the NFLRA, that's for sure.

I think we're missing the point here. What happened last night was absolutely the best thing because it happened to a premier NFL franchise on one of the NFL signature television broadcasts, MNF.

If it happened to the Jags on a Sunday afternoon, no one would give a sh*t. But this is the Packers on MNF. This after a night when one of the premier HC in the NFL is grabbing a scab ref.

This is an utter debacle for POS Goodell and it's wonderful.

I'm kinda pissed that Gary Bettman has caused another NHL lockout. He must have been worried that Goodell was about to steal his "World's Worst Commissioner" trophy.

It's kind of a culmination of things, Captain BG. The frustration over the replacement refs had reached a boiling point this week. The refs seemed like they were losing control of games, were throwing an excess number of flags, botching lots of little calls. Then this happens on Monday Night Football.

It was a banner night for the NFLRA, that's for sure.

Haha, won't argue that one for a second. Although that by itself is really rather depressing considering how completely freakin' awful last year's officiating was.

I think we're missing the point here. What happened last night was absolutely the best thing because it happened to a premier NFL franchise on one of the NFL signature television broadcasts, MNF.

If it happened to the Jags on a Sunday afternoon, no one would give a sh*t. But this is the Packers on MNF. This after a night when one of the premier HC in the NFL is grabbing a scab ref.

This is an utter debacle for POS Goodell and it's wonderful.

I'm kinda pissed that Gary Bettman has caused another NHL lockout. He must have been worried that Goodell was about to steal his "World's Worst Commissioner" trophy.

Well that's kind of my point though. You're right that the circumstances are exactly why it's made such a big deal out of, but I think that alone speaks to the greater issue of the complete joke that is and always has been NFL officiating, even before these new schmucks ever showed up. The fact that a team like the Packers have been treated like darlings of the NFL for so long and so that a call actually going against them for once is viewed as such an unbelievable tragedy is kind of ridiculous. I don't give a sh*t if it's against the Browns, a garbage call is still a garbage call.

However, I will agree with you though that it is rather entertaining to see the pile of sh*t that it puts Goodell into. Between this and the Belichick fiasco, this should be hilarious to see.

I don't care that it was the Packers specifically that got screwed, but this was the nightmare scenario for the NFL. A close call that obviously went the wrong way which decided a game and that everyone is outraged about because it was so blatantly wrong. And to top it all off, it was on national television.

And yeah, the league is negotiating with the NFLRA today.

Archived