Any more word on Chris Carr?

redman81

Cut by Vikings at end of camp.

Tryout for Chargers and didnt get signed.

tryout for Pats and didnt get signed.

can't wait for this scrap heap pickup!

He's not that bad. He was a starter on Baltimore in 2010. Signed a decent contract and had a rough 2011. Injured and not that great. Seemed better as a slot/nickel. The Ravens decided to save some money and cut him. He was a surprise cut by the Vikings. I think he was working as one of their top 3 all preseason. The Chargers and Pats probably just had him in to see what was available. This time of year, the scrap heap is all you've got.

He's not that bad. He was a starter on Baltimore in 2010. Signed a decent contract and had a rough 2011. Injured and not that great. Seemed better as a slot/nickel. The Ravens decided to save some money and cut him. He was a surprise cut by the Vikings. I think he was working as one of their top 3 all preseason. The Chargers and Pats probably just had him in to see what was available. This time of year, the scrap heap is all you've got.

scrap heap is what we already have for backups. Im just really excited for another.

To be honest, I'm surprised the Jets haven't brought Drew Coleman back around for another look. He certainly stuck with this team for quite a while and was solid enough his last season here.

Coleman was hurt. I think he had concussion problems. That was a month ago, so who knows now. Also, maybe they want a guy with some height? Wilson, Lankster and Trufant are all sub 5'9" and I think Coleman was really 5'7". Rex keeps talking about McKnight having everything you want in a corner, the speed, the size. Chris Carr is listed at 5'10", but I don't remember him seeming as shrimpy as the others. Didn't see him that much, so maybe he's another Smurf.

Archived