Melky won't return to Giants if suspension is lifted in post season

Blackout

http://espn.go.com/m...rera-postseason

even though he's ELIGABLE to help his team get to the word series, he chooses not to

must be lacking confidence being off roids for so long

Reading comprehension is a biatch.

Manager Bruce Bochy made the announcement before Thursday's series finale against the Arizona Diamondbacks, San Francisco's final regular-season home game.

"We have decided not to send Melky on a rehab assignment because we do not intend to add him to any playoff roster," Bochy said. "We had to make this decision early because Melky would have to start rehabbing in Arizona. We have decided to develop our roster from our current group of players. They've done a terrific job during the critical part of the season. We have informed Melky's agent and they understand. I just like the way this club has played down the stretch and moved on. So we're going to move forward without Melky."

"While I am disappointed that I won't have the chance to join my team in the playoffs, I wish my teammates the best in the postseason and I'll be rooting hard for them to bring another world championship to San Francisco!" Cabrera said in a statement through his representatives.

Archived