Rex kinda sorta talking about the Super Bowl again

Matt39

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kimberley A. Martin@KMart_LI

"If u are fortunate enough to get there," Rex said of Super Bowl, why not give Revis the option?" #nyj

Super Bowl!

You see its just stupid crap like this that you just shake your head at. Why is the words super bowl coming out of his mouth, instaed of the following phrasev " Hey listen I have got to prepare my team for this coming sunday, for the niners". "I need to get my team ready to play" I really don't want to talk about that right now" "Lets play out this season and then come back and ask my that question later on".....I really try not to get on Rex's case. I am a Jets fan, but retarded comments make it difficult for any level headed Jets fan to really get behind this guy. Why Rex? WTF...keep your mouth shut and worry about the niners.....

You see its just stupid crap like this that you just shake your head at. Why is the words super bowl coming out of his mouth, instaed of the following phrasev " Hey listen I have got to prepare my team for this coming sunday, for the niners". "I need to get my team ready to play" I really don't want to talk about that right now" "Lets play out this season and then come back and ask my that question later on".....I really try not to get on Rex's case. I am a Jets fan, but retarded comments make it difficult for any level headed Jets fan to really get behind this guy. Why Rex? WTF...keep your mouth shut and worry about the niners.....

Rex just cant help himself.

Its like trolling.

The same reason that you can't look at it as a positive. You see it as negative and blowhardedness, whereas others see it as loyalty to his favorite players, fans and organization. He's just saying what he believes is the right thing, that both he and the FO are behind Revis and his recovery 100% and are just looking to throw him on the IR as soon as possible. Coming into a negotiation year, you'd rather your star player feel like he's treated well as opposed to someone just tossed on the scrap heap: that happened to a lot of players on the packers during their SB run and many other teams throughout the years. I'm sure when Rex realizes that there's no way Revis could be healthy in time even if they did make it, they'll put him on the IR. It's just different way of looking at it. I like what he's said, others do not, which is fine. To each their own. No biggie.

The same reason that you can't look at it as a positive. You see it as negative and blowhardedness, whereas others see it as loyalty to his favorite players, fans and organization. He's just saying what he believes is the right thing, that both he and the FO are behind Revis and his recovery 100% and are just looking to throw him on the IR as soon as possible. Coming into a negotiation year, you'd rather your star player feel like he's treated well as opposed to someone just tossed on the scrap heap: that happened to a lot of players on the packers during their SB run and many other teams throughout the years. I'm sure when Rex realizes that there's no way Revis could be healthy in time even if they did make it, they'll put him on the IR. It's just different way of looking at it. I like what he's said, others do not, which is fine. To each their own. No biggie.

I get that, but you can't keep mentioning super bowl. There comes a time when less is more in anything in life especially since you didn't measure up to what you said you were going to do....That's where I am coming from. We are 2-1 and have probably one of the toughest tests coming our way. Everything should be on this week. All comments should be on this week. Nothing more and nothing less. I am the last person to be negative, and have given Rex the benefit of the doubt ever since he came here. Problem is when you boast about everything and your D can't make a stop on 3rd down, one would think a speak softly approach is in order. I am not saying anything new, but one would think he has learned something in these past few years here and would adjust slightly or use words that get the same meaning across without providing press fodder!

That's what I am saying. I want Rex to succeed, cause I am tired of the revolving door with this organization. I also want Tanny to succeed and Sanchez as well. But it just seems that he steps on his dick time and time again and doesn't learn a freakin thing.

Sometimes dude its just hard not to say WTF when he opens his mouth!

Im getting to the point I cringe listening to this guy, Its embarressing .

wtf is 0.00002 chance we get to the SB after claiming the last 3 years we would win it ? I was happier with the SB promises.

How could he Even Mention Revis as a possibility in this ficticious game hes conjured up in his stupid ****ing head when the game is 5 months away and Revis has not even had surgery yet ? Does he even bother to think before talking ? Im starting to wonder if its not Mike Pettine who is the mastermind behind the Jets defense because our Head Coach is now starting to become a bigger laughing stock than before.

Not to say anyone on NFL Network are brilliant but they are now laughing while talking about Rex's comments. They all seemed to eat up the SB talk but at least that was Rex being confident now he just sounds beyond stupid.

Well I guess Woody has his top clown in place and he wants the headlines so if this team totally sh*ts the bed this season which I see happening sooner than later how long will he keep this guy around.

This really makes me sad because I really liked Rex but watching him in his recent Pressers is just beyond words.

Sorry for being negative while our team is 2-1 but the last 5 comments out of this guys mouth have been beyond stupid and I see this team heading for a brick wall the next 4 weeks.

wtf is 0.00002 chance we get to the SB after claiming the last 3 years we would win it ? I was happier with the SB promises.

How could he Even Mention Revis as a possibility in this ficticious game hes conjured up in his stupid ****ing head when the game is 5 months away and Revis has not even had surgery yet ? Does he even bother to think before talking ? Im starting to wonder if its not Mike Pettine who is the mastermind behind the Jets defense because our Head Coach is now starting to become a bigger laughing stock than before.

Not to say anyone on NFL Network are brilliant but they are now laughing while talking about Rex's comments. They all seemed to eat up the SB talk but at least that was Rex being confident now he just sounds beyond stupid.

Well I guess Woody has his top clown in place and he wants the headlines so if this team totally sh*ts the bed this season which I see happening sooner than later how long will he keep this guy around.

This really makes me sad because I really liked Rex but watching him in his recent Pressers is just beyond words.

Sorry for being negative while our team is 2-1 but the last 5 comments out of this guys mouth have been beyond stupid and I see this team heading for a brick wall the next 4 weeks.

Smash - while your talking to him - have him tell Cromartie to STFU too. Thanks, NJ

I could not agree more.

I am so sick of the circus this team has become.

He's like a goofy version of his father.

Gosh, 2 season ago when I was say Rex needed to shut up NOBODY here agreed with me.

Once again, I'm ahead of the curve. That said, I'm sorry to see you losing faith. I don't take pleasure in being right about this ridiculousness.

Gosh, 2 season ago when I was say Rex needed to shut up NOBODY here agreed with me.

Once again, I'm ahead of the curve. That said, I'm sorry to see you losing faith. I don't take pleasure in being right about this ridiculousness.

I wasn't here, but I was saying the same thing, and getting bashed on the forum I was on at the time

See, I thought Rex's thing about having a microscopic chance of winning the Super Bowl was to keep people from saying "OMG REX IS PROMISING SUPER BOWLS!"

Making a mountain out of a molehill, in this case. They're hoping Revis is secretly fine and the MRI is lying to them, that's all.

Dear Transformer,

You were ahead of the curve yet again. You were ahead of the curve because you said a coach with no SB's (as a HC) needed to shut up. You are a genius for sure.

Ps I love you!!!

Ps again, is this the attention you crave??

The Jets just lost maybe the best defender in the NFL, and Rex is reflexively demonstrating a little bit of bravado. This is Rex being himself, which is preferable to him pretending to be something else, IMO.

It's no big deal if you don't post on JN.

The Jets just lost maybe the best defender in the NFL, and Rex is reflexively demonstrating a little bit of bravado. This is Rex being himself, which is preferable to him pretending to be something else, IMO.

You may want to change your opinion, because I agree.

I wasn't here, but I was saying the same thing, and getting bashed on the forum I was on at the time

Where did you post before? Welcome to JN!

Dear Transformer,

You were ahead of the curve yet again. You were ahead of the curve because you said a coach with no SB's (as a HC) needed to shut up. You are a genius for sure.

Ps I love you!!!

Ps again, is this the attention you crave??

Don't talk about things you don't know anything about. I was telling Smash not to lose faith.

It's not about "craving attention". It is about acknowledging that I was unfortunately right in many of my criticisms about Rex early on, as I was with Mangini and Schotty. Way before the masses. I say unfortunately, because in being right it also means that once again this miserable franchise seems destined to repeat failure.

I've known many of these guys that post here for 5-8 years, from multiple websites. I don't need attention, I'm just talking to them like I normally do. People that crave attention start threads about taking their kids to games, and threads about getting neg repped. Once again, accusing people of doing the very things you do. ZERO self awareness. ZERO dignity. Every time you post, you embarrass yourself further.

Now you, you can STFU.

Rex being himself = an embarrassment that everyone rolls their eyes at. My concern is players league wide, veterans, play under coaches that I am sure bias their opinions about Rex's statements. Think about how that impacts our ability to attract free agents.

Let's say you are an OLB pass rushing dynamo, not just a dirty hippie ;) You play under Harbaugh, or Tomlin, for most of your career. You hit free agency and your team and the Jets offer you the same money. But you've developed the opinion that Rex is a buffoon over the past couple years. Might that be enough to keep you from coming here? Probably. It puts Jets in position where they have to outbid teams, a problem we've had here for decades.

Basically, Rex's words resonate like the boy who cried wolf. At this point, he's coming across like he has no awareness of what's going on, and he's not considering his player's long term best interests. Revis is on the shelf, let him recover so he can come back 100% and Rex should focus his attention on this week's opponent... not the SuperBowl.

Just my position on it. I try to look at it from the perspective of other players and coaches, that represent future Jets.

Thanks!

I used to post at the aol jets board which has been no longer for a while, then I used to post at theganggreen forums, but this place is a million times better.

Excellent. Yeah, I think I started posting way back on ESPN's team forum, then migrated to TheGG but lost interest after a while, found myself at JI during the "bongo" draft when he was telling fans we'd be trading up for Reggie Bush, which eventually led me here - thanks to SoFlaJets, and the knuckleheads that play teh Mafia Goodness.

You'll find that for the most part JN is the healthiest community of Jets fans on the web. Good football discussion, very good community. Even when derps come in here and act like they are the new authority in town, lol

Archived