Rex kinda sorta talking about the Super Bowl again

Matt39

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent. Yeah, I think I started posting way back on ESPN's team forum, then migrated to TheGG but lost interest after a while, found myself at JI during the "bongo" draft when he was telling fans we'd be trading up for Reggie Bush, which eventually led me here - thanks to SoFlaJets, and the knuckleheads that play teh Mafia Goodness.

You'll find that for the most part JN is the healthiest community of Jets fans on the web. Good football discussion, very good community. Even when derps come in here and act like they are the new authority in town, lol

I definitely agree. The thing that stands out is for the most part, things don't get to personal here, of course there are exceptions.

At TGG, if people did not agree with you, the attacks started flying, and if u retaliate, it all depends on which poster the mod agrees with to whom they discipline.

I found that place much more frustrating then worthwhile.

At the end of the day, we are Jets fans, and sure we will disagree a lot, but we are all here because of our shared sickness, errr, I mean passion for the getting our nuts kicked in by our favorite team, errr, I mean we are all here for our passion for the Jets!

This is the most appalling thing I've ever heard. A real owner or GM would fire him immediately. These comments, have a huge impact on the performance of this team. Rex clearly isn't preparing for the 9'ers, instead leading this circus with delusions of grandure.

It's comments like these that make failure inevitable. Rex is a horrible coach, a complete dumbass and really has no business in the NFL. He's much better suited for a High School HC'ing job.

Where did you post before? Welcome to JN!

Don't talk about things you don't know anything about. I was telling Smash not to lose faith.

It's not about "craving attention". It is about acknowledging that I was unfortunately right in many of my criticisms about Rex early on, as I was with Mangini and Schotty. Way before the masses. I say unfortunately, because in being right it also means that once again this miserable franchise seems destined to repeat failure.

I've known many of these guys that post here for 5-8 years, from multiple websites. I don't need attention, I'm just talking to them like I normally do. People that crave attention start threads about taking their kids to games, and threads about getting neg repped. Once again, accusing people of doing the very things you do. ZERO self awareness. ZERO dignity. Every time you post, you embarrass yourself further.

Now you, you can STFU.

I thought sharing with fellow fans about taking my boy to his 1st game was a cool thing to share. Not sure how you can twist that into a negative. Or a ploy for attention.

Your style is do do. I have gotten good natured ribbing from several folks around here. For the most part im fine with it. But your style is to talk down, and act like you are so smart is very annoying. Plus I can honestly say that you really o not bring much to this group.

The fact that people care about this sh*t is very puzzling to me.

It means something somehow and totally impacts the play on the field. Plus, he's just stupid and doesn't belong and it's comments like this that make him a horrible coach and the Jets soft.

Who would want to play for a coach that dumb? The real heart of the matter is what other people are going to say. That's when sh*t gets real.

Rex being himself = an embarrassment that everyone rolls their eyes at. My concern is players league wide, veterans, play under coaches that I am sure bias their opinions about Rex's statements. Think about how that impacts our ability to attract free agents.

Let's say you are an OLB pass rushing dynamo, not just a dirty hippie ;) You play under Harbaugh, or Tomlin, for most of your career. You hit free agency and your team and the Jets offer you the same money. But you've developed the opinion that Rex is a buffoon over the past couple years. Might that be enough to keep you from coming here? Probably. It puts Jets in position where they have to outbid teams, a problem we've had here for decades.

Basically, Rex's words resonate like the boy who cried wolf. At this point, he's coming across like he has no awareness of what's going on, and he's not considering his player's long term best interests. Revis is on the shelf, let him recover so he can come back 100% and Rex should focus his attention on this week's opponent... not the SuperBowl.

Just my position on it. I try to look at it from the perspective of other players and coaches, that represent future Jets.

Rex doesn't turn off any free agents. You're out of your mind with this post.

He already toned down the act. In this instance, he's pumping up his team after losing one of the very best players in the NFL for the season - and they can probably use it. It was a pretty low-key statement that people are trying to make a big deal out of.

The Jets just lost maybe the best defender in the NFL, and Rex is reflexively demonstrating a little bit of bravado. This is Rex being himself, which is preferable to him pretending to be something else, IMO.

It's no big deal if you don't post on JN.

Slats it is a big deal away from JN. I have many friends and family who are Jets fans who think Rex is great and others who think hes a complete idiot.

Rex doesn't turn off any free agents. You're out of your mind with this post.

He already toned down the act. In this instance, he's pumping up his team after losing one of the very best players in the NFL for the season - and they can probably use it. It was a pretty low-key statement that people are trying to make a big deal out of.

Slats In some respect I would agree with you and in others disagree. I think Rex turns off the smarter platers in the NFL TBH . When we supposedly making an attempt on Peyton Manning do you think for a second he wanted to be a part of this circus ? I dont.

Slats In some respect I would agree with you and in others disagree. I think Rex turns off the smarter platers in the NFL TBH . When we supposedly making an attempt on Peyton Manning do you think for a second he wanted to be a part of this circus ? I dont.

Peyton Manning makes Revis look benevolent when it comes to money. He was going wherever he was getting paid, period.

Slats it is a big deal away from JN. I have many friends and family who are Jets fans who think Rex is great and others who think hes a complete idiot.

And here it is. This is what really matters. What people think. It's a big deal. Huge one in fact. Their opinions make other teams better and the Jets worse. Fact

Peyton Manning makes Revis look benevolent when it comes to money. He was going wherever he was getting paid, period.

Sorry but I dont believe that I think Peyton went where he felt he had the best chance to win. Because everyone was going to be in the 20-25 mil range per so would a mill here or there make that much of a difference ? If that was the case he should have just gone to miami to avoid more taxes. Not sure if Colorado has no state tax but just a thought

And here it is. This is what really matters. What people think. It's a big deal. Huge one in fact. Their opinions make other teams better and the Jets worse. Fact

JIF First off I cant believe you would Neg Rep me for having an opinion. Second if your going to make points try to make them coherant. Yes what people think is in fact important when your football team has gone down hill personnel wise for the last 3 years the guy has been here. You think Offensive players want to come here when our HC does not pay much attention to the offense ? if you were a good offensive player and a FA in the NFL would you not take some of the Rex stuff into consideration ? Would there not be some players or people who would have an opposite thought process than you ?

This football organization has a long list the past 3 years of ignorant behavior that has been detrimental to the team and its NOT just about Rex's mouth, its about some of the stupid moves they have made or failed to make with a team so close to the SB a team that Eric Mangini built on character and is now heading for the toilet. Was Mangini as good a defensive coach as Rex no I dont think he was but it was better than the slop we are dragging in here now. Remember Rex came to a pretty talented football team. Where has our defense been the past 3 weeks ? Lets see how we do without half the field being locked down by one of the best CB's to ever step on a field.

Sorry but I dont believe that I think Peyton went where he felt he had the best chance to win. Because everyone was going to be in the 20-25 mil range per so would a mill here or there make that much of a difference ? If that was the case he should have just gone to miami to avoid more taxes. Not sure if Colorado has no state tax but just a thought

If the Jets were offering that kind of money, he would've signed on the spot. They weren't. His not being here has nothing to do with anything Rex has ever said, and everything to do with how much money the Broncos were offering.

If the Jets were offering that kind of money, he would've signed on the spot. They weren't. His not being here has nothing to do with anything Rex has ever said, and everything to do with how much money the Broncos were offering.

I guess there is no way for us to know this Slats but I thought it was pretty much common knowledge that Peyton would be in the 20 mil per range .... Unless we low balled in the 12 -15 range if ge wanted to come here so bad that he would have signed on the spot what could our offer possibly have been ? There was not even a negotiation he didnt even come to our complex he basicly told the Jets Please dont bother. It all happened too fast to be about money especially if the Jets really wanted him bad enough

I guess there is no way for us to know this Slats but I thought it was pretty much common knowledge that Peyton would be in the 20 mil per range .... Unless we low balled in the 12 -15 range if ge wanted to come here so bad that he would have signed on the spot what could our offer possibly have been ? There was not even a negotiation he didnt even come to our complex he basicly told the Jets Please dont bother. It all happened too fast to be about money especially if the Jets really wanted him bad enough

Of course it happened fast.

Peyton: I'm looking for something in the $100M range.

Jets: Okay, good luck to you!

The Jets had no cap room at all this year until they reworked Sanchez' deal, which really wouldn't've been the ideal option if they signed Manning. They made a phone call, found out what he expected, and hung up. The end.

The Jets had no cap room at all this year until they reworked Sanchez' deal, which really wouldn't've been the ideal option if they signed Manning. They made a phone call, found out what he expected, and hung up. The end.

So you think the Jets had no idea what Peyton Might want ? Hell we all knew here in the forums hes was getting a huge contract in the 20 mil per range are the Jets that far out of touch ?

We are still 8.1 mil under the cap. but we were just fine going into the season with nothing at the RB position just like last year when we went into the season with No depth at all on the offensive line. NONE. Yeah we certainly have been doing a bang up job on Offense with a coach who basicly pays zero attention to the offense and inadvertently insults our second round pick at WR .

Rex's problem is he blurts out sh*t and does not think .

So you think the Jets had no idea what Peyton Might want ? Hell we all knew here in the forums hes was getting a huge contract in the 20 mil per range are the Jets that far out of touch ?

We are still 8.1 mil under the cap. but we were just fine going into the season with nothing at the RB position just like last year when we went into the season with No depth at all on the offensive line. NONE. Yeah we certainly have been doing a bang up job on Offense with a coach who basicly pays zero attention to the offense and inadvertently insults our second round pick at WR .

Rex's problem is he blurts out sh*t and does not think .

You don't like the way Rex talks, and you're trying to create some sort of real life consequence to it that doesn't exist.

The Jets would've been the perfect place for him if they were willing/able to pay. They would've geared the rest of FA and the draft to cater to him, as well as letting him run his own offense. Plus, winning in NY would've put his off field earnings thru the roof.

The Jets had no money. They only have cap room because of the Sanchez extension - an option that wouldn't really be too clever if they're signing a new starting QB.

And I think the current cap space is closer to $6M than $8M.

You don't like the way Rex talks, and you're trying to create some sort of real life consequence to it that doesn't exist.

The Jets would've been the perfect place for him if they were willing/able to pay. They would've geared the rest of FA and the draft to cater to him, as well as letting him run his own offense. Plus, winning in NY would've put his off field earnings thru the roof.

The Jets had no money. They only have cap room because of the Sanchez extension - an option that wouldn't really be too clever if they're signing a new starting QB.

And I think the current cap space is closer to $6M than $8M.

So we would have catered our offense to Peyton ? Why dont we cater our offense to our current QB to the tune of not constantly leaving him with holes in areas we're supposed to be good at you know like ground and Pound. How about spending one of our top 3 picks the last 2 years on someone other than a defensive lineman on someone to help the offense ?

I liked Rex a lot Slats but his crap has worn off. This guy does nothing for the offense and his comment on spending a 2nd round pick on a WR tells the tale becuse the Idiot does not think before blurting out bullsh*t. His philosophy is spending top picks on Defense and try to get lucky with 4th round or worse on the Offense. Then fans want to know why our offense is inept. The handling of our QB was a joke and continues to be a Joke. Our WR's while talented are wildly inconsistent and we have no RB's ....Sorry but thats poor coaching , poor HEAD Coaching. I would be willing to bet we could have worked a deal for the STILL unhappy Jones Drew that would have had a big effect on our offense.

Pretty bogus assumption that he went where he felt he had the best chance to win. If that were true he would have flown to the niners in a heartbeat; there's nothing that the broncos do better than the niners. He went to Denver, because his lifetime idol offered him the keys to the franchise and the most money. That's about it.

Gosh, 2 season ago when I was say Rex needed to shut up NOBODY here agreed with me.

Once again, I'm ahead of the curve. That said, I'm sorry to see you losing faith. I don't take pleasure in being right about this ridiculousness.

OP I was in the same camp as you I wanted Rex to STFU but I was not as critical of him as I am now. Obviously had to give him some time to see how he would work into the HC position. Certainly you said he should shut his mouth but Im also pretty certain you could not possibly have been calling for his job after one year .

We are in Rex's 4th year and up to this point while Ive been annoyed at his actions I was not calling for him to be fired but after this offseason and the continued ignorance on offense and him back to blurting out seriously stupid sh*t I have started to change my mind. 4 years with SB caliber talent thats starting to dwendle due to stupid personnel move after stupid personnel move and Ive had enough.

Because Mark Sanchez =/= Peyton Manning?

No...... because you want to win and no matter who is at QB you should make your offense the best it can be. Dont give me this crap that because Peyton Manning is comming we will now have to go out and get talent we never surrounded our young QB with.

Oh and BTW all you Peyton Manning ass Kissers. Guess hes not doing so great unless hes facing prevent. 2 pick sixes and another INT in the first quarter of a game just proves my point that a QB needs time to mesh with his teammates and that can take a 1/2 to full season sometimes to get in sync. I got bitched out because I said this in the offseason and even laughed at guess Peyton does not make every one around him instantly better eh ?

No...... because you want to win and no matter who is at QB you should make your offense the best it can be. Dont give me this crap that because Peyton Manning is comming we will now have to go out and get talent we never surrounded our young QB with.

Oh and BTW all you Peyton Manning ass Kissers. Guess hes not doing so great unless hes facing prevent. 2 pick sixes and another INT in the first quarter of a game just proves my point that a QB needs time to mesh with his teammates and that can take a 1/2 to full season sometimes to get in sync. I got bitched out because I said this in the offseason and even laughed at guess Peyton does not make every one around him instantly better eh ?

All of this is way outside the argument that the things Rex says makes free agents sign elsewhere, but please continue.

Pretty bogus assumption that he went where he felt he had the best chance to win. If that were true he would have flown to the niners in a heartbeat; there's nothing that the broncos do better than the niners. He went to Denver, because his lifetime idol offered him the keys to the franchise and the most money. That's about it.

I did think of San Fran BJ12 but they were on the block longer than us and I think they had him in for a workout not sure though.

When it comes to what he was offered I think everyone knew it was going to be in the 20 mil range so Im not sure what your saying here. We know what the Jets had in cap space (certianly was not 20 mil) so if they thought he was going to come here for A LOT less it was once again BAD judgement on the Jets part because we already have a QB in place that was a high draft pick and still had time left on his contract. If this was the case why beat down our QB's confidence even more ? Why because hust the fact we mentioned interest made Woodys headlines.

When the Post had the clown car posted on their back page it should have had Woody Tanny and Rex in the car.

Lol hello Strawman. I think a little of peyton's problems are his decreased abilities, not so much his chemistry with the team. Time will tell, but I still stand by the notion that if he wanted to win and win now, he would have gone to san fran. We'll see.

All of this is way outside the argument that the things Rex says makes free agents sign elsewhere, but please continue.

you seemed fine discussing it earlier. But your right Im fine with dropping it even though I think Rex's circus mouth/Atmosphere is what really made Peyton say No thanks that along with our offense being a Lockerroom cancer and total distraction and Rex not having any clue at all about it. Im sure Peyton would have loved to step into that cluster**** I bet he could not wait for our offer

Lol hello Strawman. I think a little of peyton's problems are his decreased abilities, not so much his chemistry with the team. Time will tell, but I still stand by the notion that if he wanted to win and win now, he would have gone to san fran. We'll see.

We all know how much Money Manning has why would a few million let him make a bad decision ? I dont get why people think hes all about the money. Hes a passionate football player and with all his money from endorsements and whatever else he has going on I cant believe he would not want to make his legacy even greater. I guess there is a lot to consider here and non of us really know what hes thinking.

BTW when it comesd to decreased abilitites I was under the impression from what we were hearing that Peyton easily makes all the throws needed as an NFL QB so why now the excuses ? Its takes time to get in sync with an offense its not just all about the QB and thats my arguement and always has been, I have never waivered from that stance. But some think a Great QB can go to a team with no talent at all and make them all better and thats a farce and I argued that point to a lerge degree in the offseason

Archived