Rex kinda sorta talking about the Super Bowl again

Matt39

Well damn I was kinda hoping Rex would be stupid enough to take a DC job with us :)

honestly that would be ideal but theres no shot lol. We have a feared defense under rex that has talks of being elite. I just dont think i could handle being average at everything like san diego or something. We would fade into just another team.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We all know how much Money Manning has why would a few million let him make a bad decision ? I dont get why people think hes all about the money. Hes a passionate football player and with all his money from endorsements and whatever else he has going on I cant believe he would not want to make his legacy even greater. I guess there is a lot to consider here and non of us really know what hes thinking.

He's all about money. He squeezed every penny he could out of the Colts, when he easily could've afforded a more "team friendly" deal that would've enabled them to construct a better team around him.

Money > Legacy for Manning - not that there's anything wrong with that, but that's what it is.

4 years with SB caliber talent thats starting to dwendle due to stupid personnel move after stupid personnel move and Ive had enough.

That's so weird, because I thought you had spent hours telling everyone that there was not talent on the offense like, ever.

I actually agree with you that Rex deserves some heat for the personnel decisions. The Wideout in the second round thing was a joke though. Not sure how you extrapolate "REX TOTALLY IGNORES OFFENSE HE DOESNT EVEN KNOW WHAT A ROOT TREE IS" from that. The front office hasn't been very good in bringing in offensive talent through the draft since he got here but that pattern was in place since Mangini.

That's so weird, because I thought you had spent hours telling everyone that there was not talent on the offense like, ever.

I actually agree with you that Rex deserves some heat for the personnel decisions. The Wideout in the second round thing was a joke though. Not sure how you extrapolate "REX TOTALLY IGNORES OFFENSE HE DOESNT EVEN KNOW WHAT A ROOT TREE IS" from that. The front office hasn't been very good in bringing in offensive talent through the draft since he got here but that pattern was in place since Mangini.

Damaged I can explain my thought process when it comes to how Rex feels about offense in general. While I do agree Rex could have somewhat been joking about using a second round pick on a WR sometimes even when in this circumstance the truth comes out. I do honestly feel like Rex has issue with drafting skill players on offense with High draft picks and thats why the Stephen Hill pick bothered him a bit. I dont think it was personal at all and it was certinly not meant to hurt Hill but Rex has to take all of this into account before he blurts this crap out dont you think ?

When it comes to the first part of your reaction to my post "about SB caliber talent" I was not refering to the entire team I feel and have felt for many years this team had the defense to be considered a SB caliber team and even with parts of our Offensive line. I think a few good moves on Offense could have really made the difference in this football team. Last year we knew as fans watching the pre season games that the Jets back up OLinemen were pretty damn bad. We talked about it to a good extent. Yet the Jets decided to go into the season with what Rex called a SB caliber G&P football team with this glaring weakness. Players did become available during training camp and the Ravens grabed 2 I believe and I think San Fran grabbed another. The Jets did nothing. Now Im sorry but If you went to the AFCCG 2 seasons in a row you dont leave 9 million in cap space on the table with glaring weaknesses across the board on offense and you certainly dont sign 34 year old WR's fresh out of jail after 2 years and 38 year old WR's who are known to be loud mouths. I mean how stupid did we have to be to make these moves ? I can easily say this now because I warned about the Oline, I warned about Mason, and I warned about Plaxico (yes I believe there is a reason why Plax was NOT resigned due to attitude) so I have no problem discussing these problems or being called a monday morning QB.

That was last year now lets talk about this year. I was relatively happy with the moves we made at WR and I really thought they would help the team but at the same time I was very worried about our situation at RB. I think there were a few RB's out there that could have helped like a Micheal Bush but we chose not to sign anyone . Then Cedric Benson became available and we decided not to even bring him in for a workout. Not to say either of these guys are superstars but they could have contributed compared to what we currently have in Shonn Greene who seems totaly shot. IMO something is wrong with this guy physically hes not the same back as he was 4 years ago. I think Maurice Jones Drew is attainable the guy is still not happy in Jacksonville and he said as much a few days ago. I wonder if we even inquired ? Not everyone has to agree with this line of thinking but it certainly would add a huge dimention to our offense that currently does not exist. I mean the guy does it all, power running, receiving out of the back field, and he can be very shifty to make something out of nothing. The reason I would not mind giving up a first round pick for this guy is because I simply dont trust the Jets to use the pick I mean what are they going to do draft another DLmen on a 3-4 minded team ? Rather have the proven talent with these clowns rather than trust them to draft a RB when they had Shonn Greene Rated as a number 1 prospect.

I definitely agree. The thing that stands out is for the most part, things don't get to personal here, of course there are exceptions.

At TGG, if people did not agree with you, the attacks started flying, and if u retaliate, it all depends on which poster the mod agrees with to whom they discipline.

I found that place much more frustrating then worthwhile.

At the end of the day, we are Jets fans, and sure we will disagree a lot, but we are all here because of our shared sickness, errr, I mean passion for the getting our nuts kicked in by our favorite team, errr, I mean we are all here for our passion for the Jets!

Right you are, right you are. :)

I thought sharing with fellow fans about taking my boy to his 1st game was a cool thing to share. Not sure how you can twist that into a negative. Or a ploy for attention.

Your style is do do. I have gotten good natured ribbing from several folks around here. For the most part im fine with it. But your style is to talk down, and act like you are so smart is very annoying. Plus I can honestly say that you really o not bring much to this group.

It isn't a negative thing dude. I think it's great. So, I'm not twisting it, that said it is immensely self-important and a cry for attention. See, you can't start threads like that and the "I got a neg rep" thread, and then tell other people they are looking for attention. Don't blame your obliviousness on others.

As for your constant mention of what I "bring to the board" versus what you do. I laugh in your goofy face. All you've done since you've joined this site is offer short-sighted takes on the Jets current events, and clamor for attention in every way possible. Namely by trying to come in here and make a feeble attempt to put a vocal leader, such as myself, in his place. Which you really couldn't have failed at more miserably.

All you have brought to the board is confrontation, without the provisional lulz.

Me, my bit is irony. I act high and mighty, talk like a professor but then position myself as a heel, in a very self deprecating manner. Anyone with a brain can see what I do plain as day. If others are cracking good one-liners at my expense, I'm good with it, it's what makes me laugh... I'm a setup man. Long-timers here know it, but part of the routine is to never admit it.

You really have no clue wtf has been going on the past 2 days do you? Hahahaha... derp.

Rex doesn't turn off any free agents. You're out of your mind with this post.

He already toned down the act. In this instance, he's pumping up his team after losing one of the very best players in the NFL for the season - and they can probably use it. It was a pretty low-key statement that people are trying to make a big deal out of.

Well bud, I disagree with you. I think it's well-established that I'm out of my mind... but if that post is the one that makes it clear to you, so be it.

And here it is. This is what really matters. What people think. It's a big deal. Huge one in fact. Their opinions make other teams better and the Jets worse. Fact

You seem to invest a lot of energy into what people think, when you don't agree with it. Hypocrite.

It isn't a negative thing dude. I think it's great. So, I'm not twisting it, that said it is immensely self-important and a cry for attention. See, you can't start threads like that and the "I got a neg rep" thread, and then tell other people they are looking for attention. Don't blame your obliviousness on others.

As for your constant mention of what I "bring to the board" versus what you do. I laugh in your goofy face. All you've done since you've joined this site is offer short-sighted takes on the Jets current events, and clamor for attention in every way possible. Namely by trying to come in here and make a feeble attempt to put a vocal leader, such as myself, in his place. Which you really couldn't have failed at more miserably.

All you have brought to the board is confrontation, without the provisional lulz.

Me, my bit is irony. I act high and mighty, talk like a professor but then position myself as a heel, in a very self deprecating manner. Anyone with a brain can see what I do plain as day. If others are cracking good one-liners at my expense, I'm good with it, it's what makes me laugh... I'm a setup man. Long-timers here know it, but part of the routine is to never admit it.

You really have no clue wtf has been going on the past 2 days do you? Hahahaha... derp.

last word

Archived