I hate to admit it, but Stephen A and Skip are right about the Jets.....

BlackDynamite

http://espn.go.com/v...egoryid=2378529

They have done a poor job of integrating Tebow into the offense, and that is the fault of the alleged Master of the Wildcat offense, Tony Sparano.

I said it in the Spring. Getting rid of Schotty is a great idea, but replacing him with Sparano, not so much.

The run game has been weak, where it should be a strength with guys like Tebow, and a run-based coach like Sparano. And with Keller being hurt most of the season, we should be seeing MORE of Tebow to support the offense, not less.

Sparano has done a poor job, at least in the two road games. I count the Miami game as a loss. Any other team would've beaten the Jets at home. Everything was peach fuzz week one, but the Jets only had 6 months to prepare for that game. Since then, Sparano has shown me nothing, except that I was right about him

I HOPE he can show-and-prove this Sunday. Maybe this team only plays well at home now, I don't know. But with the injuries to Keller and Revis, coaching needs to be much better, not in a state of decline.

Stephen A is right. How Tebow was used in Miami was a bad joke. This week, it won't be funny what the Niners do to the Jets if Sparano doesn't step up his game.

You can get away with that garbage against the Dolphins. Not the Niners.

BD

Tebow won't be the starter unless Sanchez is hurt. And it's been three games. Were they supposed to divulge their hand in a blowout week one? You want to show off the whole thing in the first three weeks against the Phins? Jets have enough problems on offense that Tebow can't trick play his way to solve.

No sane person said have him start.

But they could use him 100 different ways. All of them better.....

BD

He was dangerous as a runner in Denver because he was the starting QB. There weren't nearly many designed runs, most of his big gains were scrambles. Using him as a wishbone QB who never throws the ball takes away that entire element of his game and basically renders him useless. They have RBs who are better at running the ball. and TEs better at catching it, there's no reason to even put him on the field in those roles. They're not fooling anybody, they're just playing 10 vs. 11.

If they really want to integrate him in, they need to put him in for a series at a time. Let him step back and throw. But they seem to understand that he's not very good at that. Too bad they don't understand that what they're trying to do with him doesn't work, either.

http://espn.go.com/v...egoryid=2378529

They have done a poor job of integrating Tebow into the offense, and that is the fault of the alleged Master of the Wildcat offense, Tony Sparano.

I said it in the Spring. Getting rid of Schotty is a great idea, but replacing him with Sparano, not so much.

The run game has been weak, where it should be a strength with guys like Tebow, and a run-based coach like Sparano. And with Keller being hurt most of the season, we should be seeing MORE of Tebow to support the offense, not less.

Sparano has done a poor job, at least in the two losses. Everything was peach fuzz week one, but the Jets only had 6 months to prepare for that game. Since then, Sparano has shown me nothing, except that I was right about him

I HOPE he can show-and-prove this Sunday. Maybe this team only plays well at home now, I don't know. But with the injuries to Keller and Revis, coaching needs to be much better, not in a state of decline.

Stephen A is right. How Tebow was used in Miami was a bad joke. This week, it won't be funny what the Niners do to the Jets if Sparano doesn't step up his game.

BD

And people around here say my posts are crazy?!?!?!?!?! Really??? 1st off there has not been 2 loses. 2nd how can you judge anything after only 3 games. The run game has been weak not because of Sparano, but because our RB's just are not that good!!!!!!!!! It is really not me to explode on a poster, because we are all fans and want the same result. But I have realized that this is how things are done around here. Nothing personal OP.

they should be doing more with Teblow on offense... let him throw a few... let him do a fake run and toss to sanchize. problem is we really havent been in a position to utilize him more and our freaking line cant block on running plays and Teblow-cat plays.

After week 17 come back and lets talk about what they did well and didnt do well. 3 games aint sh*t.

As I said before the season, Tebow is probably the best RB on the team.

He has 7 carries this season.....

BD

I agree with you that Tebow hasn't been used correctly THUS far. I think you are way off base on everything else. It's only been 3 games, yet I've seen more offense out of them than all of last year.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=8435182&categoryid=2378529

Sparano has done a poor job, at least in the two losses. Everything was peach fuzz week one, but the Jets only had 6 months to prepare for that game. Since then, Sparano has shown me nothing, except that I was right about him

BD

First off Jets have only 1 loss, 2nd that loss came in Pitt which was their home opener, they have not lost their home opener in 10 years, they also won an ugly football game ON THE ROAD IN MIAMI IN SEPTEMBER when it is hot, and humid. Winning any road game no matter how it is achieved is a big accomplishment! Just ask the 49ers who lost in Minnesota last week, and Philly who almost lost in Cleveland, and did lose in Arizona, and NE in who lost in Baltimore, and GB who lost in Seattle, do I need to go on?

The Jets are 2-1, Sanchez has only turned the ball over 2 times in 3 games, he has only been sacked 3 times in 3 games.

I was probably the loudest opponent of bringing in Sparano as O-Coordinator this spring here on this board, and I am nothing, but pleased with what this Offense has been able to accomplish 3 weeks in to learning a new system, Sanchez' pocket presence is the best it's ever looked, his confidence to throw the ball down field is at an all time high, does he need to be better? Hell ****ing yea, has he been terrible? Hell ****ing no!

I just don't get it the Jets are 2-1 the QB has played ok, but that ok is light years ahead of the way he looked late last season, tougher times MIGHT be ahead of us any person to say that possibility doesn't exist is a fool, but RIGHT NOW we are 2-1, 2-0 in the AFC East, and in 1st place why can't SOME of you just enjoy the here, and now, instead of projecting the POSSIBIlITY of harder times, trust me you will feel much better day to day overall about life in general this way.

And as far as Tebow is concerned, is he a decent football player? Yes. Can he OCCASIONLY make special things happen? Yes. But one thing is for sure it's a hell of a lot easier running the ball with 7 guys with their backs turned to you, and 4 guys pushed out of the play then it is to run it up the gut with 8 men in the box with a formation that hasn't confused any defense since 2009.

Take a breath enjoy the present winning record of the Jets, and hope for the best. Acting like we won't win another game in the next 6 weeks is foolish. Things could be A LOT worse right now, Sanchez, and Sparano showed how explosive this offense can be when everything is clicking, will this happen again, and more often then not? Maybe not, but IMO its foolish to discount the possibility of it clicking again, just as I believe it's foolish to think its a guarantee it will click more often then not.

Again we are 2-1, 2-0 in the AFC East sitting in 1st place ENJOY it. Wait for the POSSIBLE down falls to happen before getting all crazed about this, or that.

The unsuspecting voice of reason has spoken!

Lupz27

And people around here say my posts are crazy?!?!?!?!?! Really??? 1st off there has not been 2 loses. 2nd how can you judge anything after only 3 games. The run game has been weak not because of Sparano, but because our RB's just are not that good!!!!!!!!! It is really not me to explode on a poster, because we are all fans and want the same result. But I have realized that this is how things are done around here. Nothing personal OP.

when you finally make a post that doesn't somehow include a reference to how you've been persecuted around here i'm gonna text you a picture of my penis to congratulate you.

Hate, absolutely hate when they have Sanchez and him out there together.

Agree, it's so f'ng stupid!

They are probably trying to set up some trick play, but this offense sux with 11, let alone 10 when Tebow is running a give up out route.

Things like this make me nuts, and really make me question Rex as a HC

when you finally make a post that doesn't somehow include a reference to how you've been persecuted around here i'm gonna text you a picture of my penis to congratulate you.

Thanks for the offer, probably wont happen though. It is kind of my thing now. And as you can see, I am kind of a big deal around here.

Great thread. Agreeing with those 2 NFL geniuses is always a good way to earn credibility. Tebow definitely has looked great so far with his chances. Taking a sack at the goal line, he looked great trying to catch a pass. He's exactly what the offense is missing.

Archived