Michigan State files complaint with Big Ten over Ohio State game film

Lil Bit Special

http://www.freep.com/article/20120929/SPORTS07/120929031/Michigan-State-files-complaint-Big-Ten-over-Ohio-State-game-film

EAST LANSING -- Michigan State has filed a complaint with the Big Ten over the game film Ohio State sent to the Spartans in advance of today’s game.

MSU defensive coordinator Pat Narduzzi confirmed to the Free Press that MSU contacted the Big Ten and said Ohio State cut off pre-snap motions and shifts before plays on film of its four games before today's 17-16 OSU win at Spartan Stadium.

“We had tape cut off all week, where they changed the tape, I’m not gonna lie to you,” Narduzzi said outside the MSU locker room. “They send you tape and they’ve got it all cut off and you don’t get to see shifts or motions or anything else.”

Big Ten teams are required to provide game film to each other before they play, with footage shot by their respective video staffs. Narduzzi said MSU contacted Ohio State’s non-league opponents and got film from them.

“A few other teams we talked to that they played, and we compared what they were looking at on tape to what we were looking at,” he said. “We’re like ‘We don’t see any of that. We see it on their tape but not on our tape.’ So that’s something I’m sure the Big Ten office will hopefully take care of.”

MSU athletic director Mark Hollis and head coach Mark Dantonio declined comment. The Big Ten did not immediately respond to an email seeking comment.

Ohio State coach Urban Meyer told the Free Press he knew nothing about a video issue.

"I don't know anything about that," Meyer said after his news conference. "I don't handle the video. What are they saying?"

Told again about the accusation, Meyer asked someone from his staff if he knew anything, and the staff member said he did not.

Asked if he was concerned about a Big Ten inquiry, Meyer said: “There is no video issue here.”

Narduzzi said MSU did not get full game film of Ohio State until Thursday.

“It doesn’t help you,” he said.

Archived