****The OFFICIAL NY JETS vs. 49ERS GAMEDAY THREAD****

Blackout

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will punch Keyshawn Johnson in the face. Glorified possession receiver. The. Jets only have 7 players that will start on other teams? They have 2 players that will start on EVERY team. Go **** yourself

Dude, this notion that the Jets cant draft isnt something we've made up. The roster is awful.

I will punch Keyshawn Johnson in the face. Glorified possession receiver. The. Jets only have 7 players that will start on other teams? They have 2 players that will start on EVERY team. Go **** yourself

They are a bunch of tools on ESPN. I can come up with 5 non debateable on O alone. I love how they mock using McKnight as a CB, but their idol Belicheat did something similar it would be pure genius.

Our running game will be non existent and we resort to last seasons 4 yd slants as our primary offensive with no success. May see the Jets going to a heavy dose of Tebow once we fall double digits behind. Garbage time success leads to silly QB controversy by Tebow diehards.

Hope I'm wrong. 27 - 10 Niner's.

Again, if the roster is awful please explain the team's 34-23 record (includes 4-2 playoffs) during this regime.

You're making this statement based on feelings, not facts.

The roster was a lot better in 2009 than it is today. The past 3 drafts have been minor failures at best. We have not added any game changing, playmaking talent to the team and when you add all the injuries the JETS have had the players on the field now are not as talented as they used to be.We have not found any gem from the lower rounds. Most GM's can get the Top 3 rounds figured out pretty good. But there are BIG doubts about the JETS to get even that right. And the great GM's make their living of the lower rounds. Our lower rounds picks have been awful at best. Not to mention at times to get picked in the lower rounds you just have to BFF's with some current player on the roster. So no talent upgrades, no great steals while the league has got faster and better.

The roster was a lot better in 2009 than it is today. The past 3 drafts have been minor failures at best. We have not added any game changing, playmaking talent to the team and when you add all the injuries the JETS have had the players on the field now are not as talented as they used to be.We have not found any gem from the lower rounds. Most GM's can get the Top 3 rounds figured out pretty good. But there are BIG doubts about the JETS to get even that right. And the great GM's make their living of the lower rounds. Our lower rounds picks have been awful at best. Not to mention at times to get picked in the lower rounds you just have to BFF's with some current player on the roster. So no talent upgrades, no great steals while the league has got faster and better.

Again, facts > feelings and the facts are against your argument here. As a reminder - facts are things like wins/losses. Feelings are things like wah wah we can't draft. :)

WHat facts ? Please provide the facts I am waiting. We were 8-8 last year.

34-23 record (includes 4-2 playoffs) during this regime

True, we were 8-8 last season, which again, does not constitute "awful."

And if our best roster was the one in 2009, then why did we win 2 more games in 2010 than we did in 09? I know, that doesn't fit the sky-is-falling mindset... that's why.

Everyone thought the Eagles had one of the best rosters in the league last year, but they only finished 8-8 like us. In the end, nothing is a better judge of a roster than W's and L's.

Typical whiny Jets fan. Bitching and moaning, no objective breakdown of the situation.

Shocker, all sunshine and rainbows right? If this team doesn't make the playoffs you'll have this long 'I hate this team, I can't take it anymore' post. I'll wait.

Again, if the roster is awful please explain the team's 34-23 record (includes 4-2 playoffs) during this regime.

You're making this statement based on feelings, not facts.

The talent is thin, but I never watch ESPN, except for actual games. I respect sports too much. And you are right of course, they have won with what they've had. Some mid round draft picks would still have been nice. I think that is why people are grousing today. The effect of no draft picks is longer term.

Archived