How many more games SHOULD Sanchez get as Jets starter?

BlackDynamite

Zero? One? Take him to the Bye after Week 8?

The offense has been garbage since halftime of Week One, with a good series in Pittsburgh to start the game, and the winning drive in Miami sprinkled in.

How much rope has Sanchez earned? He doesn't, or hasn't had, his full receiving core for a full game this season.

As Cimini said in his blog, will benching Sanchez after 4 games cause the team to implode?

(Will anybody notice any implosion, really?)

And once you bench him for Tebow, that's it. His game is over, so......what's the RIGHT ANSWER?

BD

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

he played really poorly, but the line was getting destroyed and he has zero weapons, ZERO

benching sanchez might feel good until you see the other QB come in and suck

you have to pay him through 2013, so you are stuck with him like it or not

No right answer I suppose. But my answer is that he gets the season. We watch our team and our team is pathetic. But look around the NFL how much better are most other teams? I think he has earned this full year. If the defense and the WR's and RB's play like they played today it does not matter if Tebow, Joe Montana or JC himself is the QB.

the bills plain suck also, look what the pats did to that "great on paper" defense today. using that 1st half against buffalo in game one as a benchmark for what the offense is capable of isnt even worthy anymore.

i dont know why the consistency isnt there for sanchez(he has played well in some games in the past)the only constant we get from him is inconsistency. if he doesnt have the intangibles(let alone football smarts)of an elite quarterback ala manning, brady to draw on in tough situations and pull out wins then he needs to go.

I give him until the Bye after Week 8.

He has no weapons, but he was missing OPEN RECEIVERS today! The injuries don't explain everything. But he has ANOTHER bad OC to carry, so I give him a little extra time to right the ship.

The Jets only have two more good teams to play before the bye, Houston and NE, so he will get to play two more good teams, and two teams he should be able to beat, hopefully get Hill and Keller back, and a final determination can be made at the bye.

BD

maybe not to this site, but to most people this is Sanchez's make-or-break, last shot year. give it to him, and start new next offseason. if you've written off the season anyway, who cares if Sanchez plays or not?

Not for his career, but these last 3 games have been consistent suckage.

He's always hovered around that 55 % comp pct so I'd say he's been consistently sucky for his whole career, at LEAST in the regular season. It's nice that he's a decent playoff QB but he's not getting us to the postseason anytime soon.

maybe not to this site, but to most people this is Sanchez's make-or-break, last shot year. give it to him, and start new next offseason. if you've written off the season anyway, who cares if Sanchez plays or not?

This.

He's got a big contract, the built-in excuses of a new offense and lousy/hurt receivers, and his backup sucks worse. There really aren't options this season.

Rex needs to care immediately. He can't keep asking his team to lay it all on the line week in and week out for a quarterback that's single-handedly costing them games. Rex is already cutting his own throat by sticking with him this long; he'd outright hang himself by continuing the practice deep into the season if Sanchez doesn't drastically improve. The players will flat-out quit and Rex's next job will be as a defensive coordinator somewhere. It's gonna be CYA time in Florham Park pretty soon here.

A noble gesture, but doesn't Ryan owe it to the TEAM to give his team the best chance to win every week?

Does he coach for THE TEAM, or does he just coddle players?

I was definitely one of the first one's to say this is make-or-break for Sanchez, but he has to hold up his end. If he plays like this for another 3-4 weeks, it's time to pull the chute, and try and save the season

I'm not blowing the season to protect Sanchez. He's been coddled long enough....

BD

Keep in mind the jets have a candy-ass schedule in the second half.

Outside of the Pats and the Seattle game, all those games they should be able to win, if they play like a professional footabll team with some pride and leadership.

The second half will make whoever the QB is look better than he really is, because the sked is so soft......

BD

Max 12 games.

JETS need to know if he can be the QB of the future. If they cut him next season I am sure there is a HUGE salary cap hit with it.

The Jets can actually rebuild fairly quickly. At least it won't be 5 years, if they handle it right.

Scott, Pace, Bryan Thomas all come off the books next year. That's over $20M.....

BD

The Jets can actually rebuild fairly quickly. At least it won't be 5 years, if they handle it right.

Scott, Pace, Bryan Thomas all come off the books next year. That's over $20M.....

BD

assumes that money will be put to good use

BD

Just about covers Revis' new deal.

Outside of the Pats and the Seattle game, all those games they should be able to win, if they play like a professional footabll team with some pride and leadership.

The second half will make whoever the QB is look better than he really is, because the sked is so soft......

BD

Please name all this EZ wins and dont say Indy or AZ please

A noble gesture, but doesn't Ryan owe it to the TEAM to give his team the best chance to win every week?

Does he coach for THE TEAM, or does he just coddle players?

I was definitely one of the first one's to say this is make-or-break for Sanchez, but he has to hold up his end. If he plays like this for another 3-4 weeks, it's time to pull the chute, and try and save the season

I'm not blowing the season to protect Sanchez. He's been coddled long enough....

BD

There is no saving this season.

The defense is average at best, the offense SUCKS!

Sanchez sucks, the receivers suck, the running game sucks, the game plan suck.

You cannot win with a horrible offense, and an average defense.

There is no saving this season.

Is it going to make any difference whether you pull him or not.

If Holmes is out for any extended period you have basically have second and third stringers at all our skill positions. Is Tebow or McElory going to make them any better ?

Sanchez looks shot. He looks like the QB that played the last three games last year when everything fell apart.

BD

Nothing on that schedule is Candy Ass the way the Jets have played.

Archived