How many more games SHOULD Sanchez get as Jets starter?

BlackDynamite

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sanchez is crap...got to go with Tebow for better or worse and see the season out. If he sucks as well then we can draft a new QB in and start from scratch but Sanchez is not the answer.

I have to agree with this, and not just because I think so little of Sanchez as a QB. I think equally as little of him as a leader.

The team is flat. They are out there going through the motions like they don't care what the outcome is. Tebow is a natural leader and his enthusiasm spreads to the whole team.

The choice is:

- bad passer who is a bad leader

- bad passer who is a great leader

This COULD be a gift from Sanchez. Usually teams have to wait until they're 0-5 or 2-6 to do dump their QB. The Jets are getting this opportunity at 2-2. They won't seize it though.

Rex's attitude will be that the whole team played so badly that he won't hold Sanchez accountable. The end result is he's going to hold no one accountable, including the most important one (who he still stubbornly refers to as "the answer").

Remove the emotion and he's had 1 great game, 2 mediocre ones, and a horrible sh-tfest. He also has yet to play 1 game with his full compliment of weapons.

He'll get all of this year and barring a continued meltdown, next year too.

He looked bad though yesterday... real bad.

Rex needs to care immediately. He can't keep asking his team to lay it all on the line week in and week out for a quarterback that's single-handedly costing them games. Rex is already cutting his own throat by sticking with him this long; he'd outright hang himself by continuing the practice deep into the season if Sanchez doesn't drastically improve. The players will flat-out quit and Rex's next job will be as a defensive coordinator somewhere. It's gonna be CYA time in Florham Park pretty soon here.

It already was..

2 wins this early in the year is not reason to pull your starter..

That being said, Sanchez doesn't appear to be concerned at all, he barely accepted any responsibility for the lack

of a score.. I was waiting to see if he was going to say "performance of embarrassment" although he did almost close his

eyes for a second.

The Tebow hate is too thick to start him now.. fans clamoring for number three instead.. LOL. Did anyone watch football last year at all ?

I have to agree with this, and not just because I think so little of Sanchez as a QB. I think equally as little of him as a leader.

The team is flat. They are out there going through the motions like they don't care what the outcome is. Tebow is a natural leader and his enthusiasm spreads to the whole team.

The choice is:

- bad passer who is a bad leader

- bad passer who is a great leader

This COULD be a gift from Sanchez. Usually teams have to wait until they're 0-5 or 2-6 to do dump their QB. The Jets are getting this opportunity at 2-2. They won't seize it though.

Rex's attitude will be that the whole team played so badly that he won't hold Sanchez accountable. The end result is he's going to hold no one accountable, including the most important one (who he still stubbornly refers to as "the answer").

This. The impact Tebow has on a team is really hard to measure but he gives a team hope. Just listen to the Broncos players and how they talk about Tebow. Listen to their defenders and hear what they say. He gives a team hope and makes you believe you can win. He's a true leader, a real competitor and he can elevate a teams play with his leadership. Something Sanchez can absolutely never do mostly because he's a fragile little pussy but also because he's currently the worst starter in the NFL.

Its Tebow Time.

But, the Jets are 2-2 and technically in first place and have 2 straight home games and Rex is too stubborn to face the facts. We'll see Sanchez until at least the buy and if they Jets are still in it, he'll continue until the seasons out of reach.

Remove the emotion and he's had 1 great game, 2 mediocre ones, and a horrible sh-tfest. He also has yet to play 1 game with his full compliment of weapons.

He'll get all of this year and barring a continued meltdown, next year too.

He looked bad though yesterday... real bad.

Thats what you call those games?

God. You're standards for QB'ing is as low as CTM's standards for women.

Ok. I know the great game. That was easy. I'm assuming the horrible sh*tfest was San Fran. But, I'm confused by the mediocre games. Is mediocre considered: 37% completion percentage, 46. 4 QBR, with 1 TD and no INTs? That looks pretty bad to me... But, if that's the bar for mediocre, where does a 47% completion percentage, 34.3 QBR, with 1 TD and 2 INTs land?

Mediocre seems like an awfully big window.

Sanchez has had zero great games this year. He had one very good game and 3 awful ones.

Game 1 he threw a horrible pick while the game was still close and also coughed up the ball (though it doesn't appear in the stat line because a holding penalty called the play back). He underthrew a bunch of guys including Hill but luckily he was wide open or it would have been batted away or picked off. That was not a "great" game for a 4th year pro against an invisible defense.

You don't pull him yet. You wait.

Continue the public execution until you literally have no choice but to pull him.

Then, the season will be over and you can do it without any fear of "we shouldn't have given up on him so early". You can move on because you had no choice.

Then, burn the roster and the front office to the ground in the offseason.

Keep Revis, Mangold, DBrick, Kerley, Holmes (money), Hill, Wilkerson, Ellis, Pouha, Devito, and Coples. The rest, who cares?

You don't pull him yet. You wait.

Continue the public execution until you literally have no choice but to pull him.

Then, the season will be over and you can do it without any fear of "we shouldn't have given up on him so early". You can move on because you had no choice.

Then, burn the roster and the front office to the ground in the offseason.

Keep Revis, Mangold, DBrick, Kerley, Holmes (money), Hill, Wilkerson, Ellis, Pouha, Devito, and Coples. The rest, who cares?

Totally disagree. One more decent game in a sea of awfulness will convince Rex that Mark is still the answer. He'll blame every circumstance except the presence of Mark Sanchez.

If they put in Tebow or McElroy and they fail then the team will be forced to bring in someone else for real next year. If Sanchez has 1 or 2 serviceable outings and we finish 6-10 they'll blame 3 losses on injuries and the only QB competition next season will be for McElroy's spot. Again.

Ok. I know the great game. That was easy. I'm assuming the horrible sh*tfest was San Fran. But, I'm confused by the mediocre games. Is mediocre considered: 37% completion percentage, 46. 4 QBR, with 1 TD and no INTs? That looks pretty bad to me... But, if that's the bar for mediocre, where does a 47% completion percentage, 34.3 QBR, with 1 TD and 2 INTs land?

Mediocre seems like an awfully big window.

The Steelers and Dolphins games were marred with dropped balls and poor routes in addition to some ill advised passes. In my estimation that translates into a mediocre performance - especially in Miami where he was able to make clutch throws to win.

Yesterdays game though.. whoa. Don't remember being that disgusted with a Sanchez performance since the 5 INT nightmare vs the Bills in his rookie year.

It was bad... It's compounded by the fact that he feels the need to maintain a poker face in the media as to not convey any weakness. What he doesn't seem to realize is that he should go ahead and display some anger. I don't want to hear "whoops" or "that's too bad" or "I need to get better". It's time for him to start telling the truth. I sucked today and need to play better for my teammates.

Say what you will about Hunter but at least he said as much when he was here.

Totally disagree. One more decent game in a sea of awfulness will convince Rex that Mark is still the answer. He'll blame every circumstance except the presence of Mark Sanchez.

If they put in Tebow or McElroy and they fail then the team will be forced to bring in someone else for real next year. If Sanchez has 1 or 2 serviceable outings and we finish 6-10 they'll blame 3 losses on injuries and the only QB competition next season will be for McElroy's spot. Again.

Definitely play Sanchez vs Texans, i think that will end his career here

See. I disagree on what Rex thinks. I can't imagine that Rex actually likes Sanchez. I think Rex acknowledges that he's stuck with him, for now. Rex is positive about everyone on the team, until they're gone. Kerry Rhodes was to be Ed Reed and Vernon Gholston was to be Terrell Suggs. I mean, you don't think Rex would love nothing more than to play against Sanchez each week?

We all may be stuck with him due to money, but if that's the case, bring it on, and hopefully we can draft an actual player at the position with a high pick in the next two years.

Rex needs to care immediately. He can't keep asking his team to lay it all on the line week in and week out for a quarterback that's single-handedly costing them games. Rex is already cutting his own throat by sticking with him this long; he'd outright hang himself by continuing the practice deep into the season if Sanchez doesn't drastically improve. The players will flat-out quit and Rex's next job will be as a defensive coordinator somewhere. It's gonna be CYA time in Florham Park pretty soon here.

not "you" as in "the Jets" have written off the year, you as in the general "you" of this site/fanbase.

I'm assuming the Jets have enough professional pride to at least try at their jobs. the oline definitely does. the defense does. Rex might care, but he's in a no-win. You pull Sanchez, you put in Tebow and...? The result is going to be the same. You're going to see more crap like this. I don't think what we saw last year out of the Broncos was anything more than lightning in a bottle. This is the NFL, defenses will adjust. OR you put in McElroy, which aside from causing a Tebow people mini-revolt, just isn't going to happen.

Pulling Sanchez at 2-2 means that you're building in an excuse to keep him around. You know the Jets will do it if they think they can get away with it. Let him flame out this year and be done with it.

See. I disagree on what Rex thinks. I can't imagine that Rex actually likes Sanchez. I think Rex acknowledges that he's stuck with him, for now. Rex is positive about everyone on the team, until they're gone. Kerry Rhodes was to be Ed Reed and Vernon Gholston was to be Terrell Suggs. I mean, you don't think Rex would love nothing more than to play against Sanchez each week?

We all may be stuck with him due to money, but if that's the case, bring it on, and hopefully we can draft an actual player at the position with a high pick in the next two years.

Mark Sanchez will be the starting QB for as long as I'm the head coach of the Jets. I seem to remember hearing something like that from someone but for the life of me I can't remember who.

Mark Sanchez will be the starting QB for as long as I'm the head coach of the Jets. I seem to remember hearing something like that from someone but for the life of me I can't remember who.

If the Jets had lost to Phins as they should have, tebow would have started vs 49ers i am convinced of that

The Steelers and Dolphins games were marred with dropped balls and poor routes in addition to some ill advised passes. In my estimation that translates into a mediocre performance - especially in Miami where he was able to make clutch throws to win.

Yesterdays game though.. whoa. Don't remember being that disgusted with a Sanchez performance since the 5 INT nightmare vs the Bills in his rookie year.

It was bad... It's compounded by the fact that he feels the need to maintain a poker face in the media as to not convey any weakness. What he doesn't seem to realize is that he should go ahead and display some anger. I don't want to hear "whoops" or "that's too bad" or "I need to get better". It's time for him to start telling the truth. I sucked today and need to play better for my teammates.

Say what you will about Hunter but at least he said as much when he was here.

There were a lot of drops. Too many. But, everyone gets some drops. The problem is, Sanchez never overcomes any of it. A drop is one down. Unless it's on 3rd, you usually have another shot. It's not what you want, it's not good, but only this team is buried by one drop on a drive. And, in general, even if it is on 3rd down, you have another drive.

The fact is, every drop a Jets WR makes is magnified because it's so precious when Sanchez actually gets the ball to his WR.

I'm just sick of it. Healthy Farve was the last time we had anything to get excited about at the QB position, and by typical standards, that wasn't even that good, and it was fleeting.

Medicore Sanchez is awful in comparison to the rest of the league. We need to move on.

Rex said it. I'm questioning why you actually believe it?

There were a lot of drops. Too many. But, everyone gets some drops. The problem is, Sanchez never overcomes any of it. A drop is one down. Unless it's on 3rd, you usually have another shot. It's not what you want, it's not good, but only this team is buried by one drop on a drive. And, in general, even if it is on 3rd down, you have another drive.

The fact is, every drop a Jets WR makes is magnified because it's so precious when Sanchez actually gets the ball to his WR.

I'm just sick of it. Healthy Farve was the last time we had anything to get excited about at the QB position, and by typical standards, that wasn't even that good, and it was fleeting.

Medicore Sanchez is awful in comparison to the rest of the league. We need to move on.

Fact of the matter is the only reason Tebow didn't go out there yesterday was because they plan on keeping Mark as the starter. It will take a good 2-3 more performances like yesterday in order for it to be Tebow time.

I don't think that's going to happen.. Get Keller and Hill back and see what happens. If Santonio is out any significant amount of time that might actually be addition by subtraction.

Definitely play Sanchez vs Texans, i think that will end his career here

This is it, IMO. Let him go out against the Texans and either be entirely humiliated OR show enough to merit one more chance. The likelihood is that JJ Watt beats the crap out of Sanchez while Kyle Wilson gives up three TDs in a 48-7 blowout loss. Then you can let Tebow start against a meh Colts team that they should beat.

This is it, IMO. Let him go out against the Texans and either be entirely humiliated OR show enough to merit one more chance. The likelihood is that JJ Watt beats the crap out of Sanchez while Kyle Wilson gives up three TDs in a 48-7 blowout loss. Then you can let Tebow start against a meh Colts team that they should beat.

Sanchez is pretty inconsistent....I suspect a decent game out of him vs Texans, then sh1t the bed against Colts

I think Luck will now eat jets secondary for Lunch, without Revis to worry...He will bitchslap Kyle Wilson

BTW Wilson's antics maybe the most embarrassing ones i have ever seen a Jet make, his jawing about keep feeding me....SMH LOL

BTW Wilson's antics maybe the most embarrassing ones i have ever seen a Jet make, his jawing about keep feeding me....SMH LOL

That was some of the most ridiculous trash talking I've ever seen.. was like Craig Ehlo talking crap to Jordan.

Even with a horrible receiving corps and dropped passes, that should only account for 5% on completion percentage based on the volumn of throws.

So, for a standard NFL QB standard of 60%, bad receivers should only drop his completion percentage to about 55%

That fact that Sanchez is under 50% the last 3 games is utterly damning. That's on Sanchez.

Sanchez is pretty inconsistent....I suspect a decent game out of him vs Texans, then sh1t the bed against Colts

Sanchez is pretty inconsistent throught his career, but he has been consistently horrible these last 3 games. That is very troubling.

Archived