How many more games SHOULD Sanchez get as Jets starter?

BlackDynamite

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Once you go to somebody else, you can't go back, so give him until the bye to get some injured receivers back, and right the ship. If he can get them to .500 at the bye, and he can play like a professional QB, I say stay with him. But he's gotta hold up his end.

So far, he's had one great half, and a couple of drives in 4 games......

BD

not "you" as in "the Jets" have written off the year, you as in the general "you" of this site/fanbase.

I'm assuming the Jets have enough professional pride to at least try at their jobs. the oline definitely does. the defense does. Rex might care, but he's in a no-win. You pull Sanchez, you put in Tebow and...? The result is going to be the same. You're going to see more crap like this. I don't think what we saw last year out of the Broncos was anything more than lightning in a bottle. This is the NFL, defenses will adjust. OR you put in McElroy, which aside from causing a Tebow people mini-revolt, just isn't going to happen.

Pulling Sanchez at 2-2 means that you're building in an excuse to keep him around. You know the Jets will do it if they think they can get away with it. Let him flame out this year and be done with it.

Granted, Tebow is not ideal, but there's simply too much at stake career-wise, for Rex and/or Tannenbaum to let the team go belly-up without at least looking like there was a Plan B. If Sanchez is gonna put up ~65 QBRs the majority of the year, he ruins the franchise top to bottom.

This is it, IMO. Let him go out against the Texans and either be entirely humiliated OR show enough to merit one more chance. The likelihood is that JJ Watt beats the crap out of Sanchez while Kyle Wilson gives up three TDs in a 48-7 blowout loss. Then you can let Tebow start against a meh Colts team that they should beat.

oh Hell no.. Not and let TT use his famous windmill delivery to kick off a run deep into the playoffs.. and dare I say it SB ? No way..

that would not do at all..

I have not posted much since the Jets fell apart last year up until now. That is because of the extreme negativity I see on this board. And that's fine. I am just a very positive, optimistic person, and the negativity wears on me. But I can certainly understand it, having been a fan of this %$#@&* team since 1965.

I have been a Sanchez supporter. And delusional. Until yesterday. Sanchez is not, and never will be an acceptable NFL QB. He is a classic case of a guy having a lot of physical attributes and sorely lacking in the intangibles that make an NFL QB. I knew this. I am not stupid. But I liked him personally and wanted so much for the Jets to finally have their young franchise QB. So in addition to all of the usual excuses Sanchez fans give him, I really deluded myself in thinking, maybe with a new OC... any OC other than Shotty. But it has not made a difference. And make no mistake, Shotty was a moron. I have no idea how good of an OC Sparano might be, but I have to finally face the reality that it does not make a difference with Sanchez.

First of all, Sanchez has uncorrectable inconsistent accuracy. That is sudden death for an NFL QB. That is like an overweight Victoria Secret model. Except they can lose the weight. He is a bright guy - off of the field. On the field, he does not have football intelligence. He does not have a QB's instincts. He is not tough. He panicks at the slightest pressure. He does not see the field well. He can't throw off balance. He can't adjust his throws at the last second. He makes bad decisions. He does not protect the ball.

Whether he gets benched or not, does not really matter. The season is over for the Jets and he is not their future. And when a team moves up to the fifth position in the draft to get a franchise QB, and he turns out after 4 years to not be that, the team's future is in serious jeopardy. Tanny now has two gigantic first round busts. He could have lived past Gholston. He will not survive Sanchez.

It is a very depressing day for Jets fans. Especially old ones like me who just wanted to see one more SB appearance before we freaking die. I guess that is too much to ask.

F#$k this cursed team.

I have not posted much since the Jets fell apart last year up until now. That is because of the extreme negativity I see on this board. And that's fine. I am just a very positive, optimistic person, and the negativity wears on me. But I can certainly understand it, having been a fan of this %$#@&* team since 1965.

I have been a Sanchez supporter. And delusional. Until yesterday. Sanchez is not, and never will be an acceptable NFL QB. He is a classic case of a guy having a lot of physical attributes and sorely lacking in the intangibles that make an NFL QB. I knew this. I am not stupid. But I liked him personally and wanted so much for the Jets to finally have their young franchise QB. So in addition to all of the usual excuses Sanchez fans give him, I really deluded myself in thinking, maybe with a new OC... any OC other than Shotty. But it has not made a difference. And make no mistake, Shotty was a moron. I have no idea how good of an OC Sparano might be, but I have to finally face the reality that it does not make a difference with Sanchez.

First of all, Sanchez has uncorrectable inconsistent accuracy. That is sudden death for an NFL QB. That is like an overweight Victoria Secret model. Except they can lose the weight. He is a bright guy - off of the field. On the field, he does not have football intelligence. He does not have a QB's instincts. He is not tough. He panicks at the slightest pressure. He does not see the field well. He can't throw off balance. He can't adjust his throws at the last second. He makes bad decisions. He does not protect the ball.

Whether he gets benched or not, does not really matter. The season is over for the Jets and he is not their future. And when a team moves up to the fifth position in the draft to get a franchise QB, and he turns out after 4 years to not be that, the team's future is in serious jeopardy. Tanny now has two gigantic first round busts. He could have lived past Gholston. He will not survive Sanchez.

It is a very depressing day for Jets fans. Especially old ones like me who just wanted to see one more SB appearance before we freaking die. I guess that is too much to ask.

F#$k this cursed team.

I agree with your sentiments.

I have backed Sanchez for the longest. Lord knows he hasn't gotten the best coaching (OC) around him, past or present, or any #1 receivers (Hill could be one in 2-3 years). But he couldn't make a simple screen pass yesterday without getting picked. When do you see a pro QB get picked on that? Only Jets fans see that. Didn't he throw a pick just like that in the Miami finale last year?

The time for excuses and coddling is over. Rex Ryan's primary function in life is to put the best players on the field. And he's the one that said this is the best team he's ever had, so make it happen, Rex. It's make-or-break time for Sanchez. It's make-or-break time for YOU!

(Even though Woody is too weak of an owner to fire him after this season, even if he deserves it. If the fans revolt, he'll cave, but he shouldn't need the fans to tell him how to run a team....."

BD

F#$k this cursed team.

Go pack Go

But he couldn't make a simple screen pass yesterday without getting picked. When do you see a pro QB get picked on that? Only Jets fans see that. Didn't he throw a pick just like that in the Miami finale last year?

twice actually. in the same game. Starks had 2 picks of Sanchez on attempted check downs to greene. That's a special kind of suck.

You don't pull him yet. You wait.

Continue the public execution until you literally have no choice but to pull him.

Then, the season will be over and you can do it without any fear of "we shouldn't have given up on him so early". You can move on because you had no choice.

Then, burn the roster and the front office to the ground in the offseason.

Keep Revis, Mangold, DBrick, Kerley, Holmes (money), Hill, Wilkerson, Ellis, Pouha, Devito, and Coples. The rest, who cares?

I agree with this, but Tannenbaum is in a spot. Over his career, he's demonstrated that the one thing he's most adept at is keeping his job. That's gonna be a hard balancing act to pull off for him right now -laying the blame on Sanchez after giving Sanchez a fat payday- but you know he's going to try.

This scenario happens if Woody decides he's has enough, and he's just not listening to Trader Mike anymore. The whole season then goes straight into the toilet, because Rex'll know he's just about out of work, too. He'll probably focus even more on defense to make sure he can land another DC job. Tebow will get thrown in for six games or so just to make sure he sucks, too, before moving on at the position.

The Jets payroll has an escape hatch in 2014. Maybe Woody will see the value of getting the new regime in a year ahead of time to really, effectively sort thru the roster.

Fact of the matter is the only reason Tebow didn't go out there yesterday was because they plan on keeping Mark as the starter. It will take a good 2-3 more performances like yesterday in order for it to be Tebow time.

I don't think that's going to happen.. Get Keller and Hill back and see what happens. If Santonio is out any significant amount of time that might actually be addition by subtraction.

I admire your optimism. Sanchez looks like toast to me today, but I wouldn't put it past him to put together a game or two where he "earns" more playing time. This was always a make or break season for him, but that window definitely looks like it could close now before the season's over.

F#$k this cursed team.

3. Don't forget Wilson who Mario Manningham is probably still laughing at today.

I agree with this, but Tannenbaum is in a spot. Over his career, he's demonstrated that the one thing he's most adept at is keeping his job. That's gonna be a hard balancing act to pull off for him right now -laying the blame on Sanchez after giving Sanchez a fat payday- but you know he's going to try.

If he survives this season you know we're just dealing with another James Dolan and another black decade.

I would go ahead and start Tebow now and put in more of the spread option mainly because of the condition of the receivers. Tebow has the better skill set to hide the current issues and the physique to handle punishment better than Sanchez.

If there is no improvement he can at least give Sanchez a break until Sanchez is fully recovered from that helmet to helmet hit last week and the receivers are healthy enough to go again.

Biggest concern for a lot of people is that he will take an awful team to the playoffs and cost them a high draft pick like he did last year.

3. Don't forget Wilson who Mario Manningham is probably still laughing at today.

Oh yes. Another reason the season is over and why Tanny has failed. We lose the best CB in the NFL, don't worry, we have a no. 1 pick we have been grooming to step right in. Unfortunately, Kyle Wilson sucks. Really bad. That is bad enough reality. But the retarded dildo actually pumped his fist and shook his head no, no no ... after each time (was it 3 or 4 - I lost count) that he was flat out beat deep and only by sheer luck the ball was overthrown.

Great. The Jets may suck, but at least they are still cocky and delusional.

Archived