Is It Time for the Jets to Rebuild.

KINGDIRK

Getting better players and getting rid of bad ones works.

that's not rebuilding.... that's reloading.

rebuilding is when you play scrubs like Mcelroy and hope to get a high draft pick. It's usually a multi-year situation.

I have no problem with them reloading.

I think if you hire a new GM-he has to pick the coach he wants. He may want Rex, but he should have the choice. Otherwise, Woody is guiding the organization. Heaven knows, Rex can coach, but he cannot be the guiding light of an entire organization

The Jets have a very tight salary cap situation until 2014, when they can dump a number of contracts. So a complete rebuild in 2013 really can't happen.

If the team continues to suck as bad as it has over the past three weeks, I think laying the blame at Tannenbaum is appropriate. So you replace him, and that immediately puts the head coach on notice. When Mike Holmgren took over the Browns, he held onto Mangini for a year. The new GM gets a draft and limited free agent class, and sees what Rex can do with them for a season. The whole roster needs to be evaluated, why not the coach, too?

After the 2013 season, the GM can decide whether or not he needs to replace Rex, and the complete rebuild can get underway with a lot of overpaid underachievers hitting the street.

that's not rebuilding.... that's reloading.

rebuilding is when you play scrubs like Mcelroy and hope to get a high draft pick. It's usually a multi-year situation.

I have no problem with them reloading.

If you're playing a scrub at QB to tank NEXT year that's a problem. If you have a young QB of the future but are in the process of turning around the rest of the roster, like the Colts, for example, that's part of a rebuilding process.

Rex is a mascot. He is designed to help pump up mid-level fans into buying PSLs.

After that, there does not seem to be much substance as to sustainable football acumen. This team has been in steady decline. That falls on the coach.

3 years as a Head Coach, never had a losing season, defense has never finished out of the top 5, has the most playoff wins in the history of franchise as a Head Coach, all the while doing it with the worst QB in the league in an era where passing teams dominate.

Rex is positive for this team, not a negative.

Jets have more former first rounders on their current roster than any other team don't they? sh*t? I dunno about that... I think this team has plenty of talented guys on it, the way they are managed is a problem and their lack of balls is a problem.

Either way, if we had a shot at getting a real football guy in here as GM - and the price was losing Rex, I'd be okay with that based on the assumption a football-oriented GM isn't going to miss on his HC hire.

I honestly don't want to see this team dive into another 3-4 year build and crash like they've done with Herm, Mangini and now Rex.

So now Tanny isnt the problem since all these first rounders are on the roster, its how he manages it or are you referring to Rex? I'm pretty sure you want Rex fired but honestly, I cant follow anymore.

This place is confusing me lately. Tanny sucks and built a terrible team but Rex continues to win. But Rex sucks as a HC. Doesnt make a lot of sense.

10-10 in our last 20 games!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT PART OF THAT DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND? .500 teams routinely get blown up!!!!!!!!! I SWEAR! SKY IS FALLING!

When your team is 10-10 with no: QB, RB, #1 WR, or pass rusher.....probably a good a time as any to rebuild.

So now Tanny isnt the problem since all these first rounders are on the roster, its how he manages it or are you referring to Rex? I'm pretty sure you want Rex fired but honestly, I cant follow anymore.

This place is confusing me lately. Tanny sucks and built a terrible team but Rex continues to win. But Rex sucks as a HC. Doesnt make a lot of sense.

People are complaining about a lack of talent, and a sh*t roster. I'm saying this team is filled with talent, many of them former first rounders. Talent doesn't mean as much as people think it does. The NFL is LOADED with talented athletes. Motivation is the differentiator.

It is Tannenbaum's job to find motivated and talented players. With the amount of busts that we've drafted and acquired from other teams, I'd say Tanny SUCKS at this aspect of his job. He might be able to pick a guy based on talent (strength, speed, etc) but he is awful at finding motivated guys. Hell, the most motivated guy that Tanny has brought here other than Revis is probably Woodhead and we know how that worked out.

It is Rex's job to steer the talent and motivation towards a purpose. Find a way to get every man to do their job, want to be the best at their job and work in unison. I think Rex gets through to some guys, and others walk all over him as he placates them - namely Sanchez and Holmes. Holmes walks all over Rex because he's a punk. Sanchez walks all over Rex in a more subtle way, he takes advantage of the fact that Rex is an enabler. Sanchez has been afforded ZERO threat of losing his job, and that has enabled him to curb any maturation that would have made him a legit NFL QB. Sanchez is just as green now as he was when he came to the league. At the end of the day, Rex doesn't do his primary job well. Yes, Rex reaches some of the guys and definitely can shine as a coordinator some weeks, but he's not a good head coach... and I want so bad for him to become one.

So no, I don't think I want Rex fired. I want him to be better at his job, like I do all these unlikeable players too. Tanny, he needs to be fired.

Perhaps I confused you not hating it as vehemently as I did with liking it. My bad.

A lot of people hated it, even those who supported Sanchez.

In fact, career wise, I thought it was a bad move by Sanchez. He would have been better served to go FA early and get a backup/understudy role with a team like the Saints or Packers where he could learn from top NFL QBs and real offensive coaches so that by the time Sanchez is in his late 30s he can get a good starting job for good money. Sanchez still only turns 26 in November.

Archived