Top 5 Reasons Mark Sanchez will be holding a clipboard in the near future

BlackDynamite

1. He was drafted too early

He started about 16 college football games at USC, and when he came into the NFL, he was overwhelmed because he just was not ready mentally to take over a NFL franchise, much less a New York football team

2. Bad coaching

Schotty was one of the worst OC's in football long before Sanchez arrived. He didn't improve in the next three years, and neither did Sanchez! Matt Cavanugh was another enabler. How he still has a job is one of histories greatest mysteries!

Follow that up with Sparano, who has virtually zero experience running a successful offense, and Rex is the anti-Yoda when it comes to developing QBs, and you have a Witch's Couldren Recipe for Bad QB Making 101

3. No #1 receivers.

Santonio Holmes is a complimentary receiver. He's not Steve Smith. Braylon Edwards was an older version of Stephen Hill. Not someone Sanchez can count on. Keller has been dependable until this year, and Mark has struggled mightily without him in the lineup.

And outside of an aged LT, he's had not threat out of the backfield to help him keep the chains moving.

4. No back-up to watch and learn from.

Tying in with #1, he really wasn't ready to take the reins, and probably should have sat behind someone for at least half-a-season. A Matt Hasselbeck-type who can show him how leading a team is done, and set a correct path for him to follow. Bad job by the organization in not giving him a mentor early on.

5. Pressure

Top 5 pick, bad coaches, no back-up, weak WRs, Tim Tebow, and New York Pressure combined will all lead to implosion.

He was on the same path as Eli Manning coming into this season, but now even the defense is failing him. He can't take it anymore. He's done.

Sadly, he has played VERY WELL under Playoff pressure, which shows me under better circumstances, he could excel. But he needs a change of scenery. And I need a change of face.

And I hold T-Rex responsible for this. They did not take care of their most valuable asset, their starting QB. And if, or when, the Jets miss the Playoffs, he fate should be their own......

BD

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. He was drafted too early

He started about 16 college football games at USC, and when he came into the NFL, he was overwhelmed because he just was not ready mentally to take over a NFL franchise, much less a New York football team

I tend to agree with this point. He's 6'2" and not much tape. He had no pressure and wide open stud receivers in (at the time) a mediocre Pac 10 conference. What exactly does he do well? Look at a Flacco or Ben they are giants with big arms. What is supposed to be Mark's edge? his accuracy? Btw USC QB's have basically been a mess for the last decade, why buy that brand name?

10 or 15 slots too early in a weak QB draft. the Jets fell in love and drafted for need.

I tend to agree with this point. He's 6'2" and not much tape. He had no pressure and wide open stud receivers in (at the time) a mediocre Pac 10 conference. What exactly does he do well? Look at a Flacco or Ben they are giants with big arms. What is supposed to be Mark's edge? his accuracy? Btw USC QB's have basically been a mess for the last decade, why buy that brand name?

10 or 15 slots too early in a weak QB draft. the Jets fell in love and drafted for need.

His long-ball and play-action are very good.......

BD

I am of the opinion the Jets played a huge part in ruining Mark Sanchez I think the kid was talented and had flashes of brilliance but he also has had extended flashes of incompetence weather you think its all on him, all on the coaches or all on the talent is irrelivant at this point in time. Im done arguing the point anymore.The team itself sucks on offense and its going to take more than just a QB to fix it. As a matter of fact I think with this cast of misfits the worst thing we could do this offseason is draft a QB and when I say misfits Im talking everyone not just the players. I think we deal with what we dealt ourselves and let Mark play it out this year and next. I dont think we have much of a choice because that bitch Woody will not pay a player what Sanchez is getting to just sit.

All that being said Tebow is FAR FAR from the answer. If anything we should get a look at McElroy at some point because hes a real QB, and its the smart thing to do. While I personally feel Rex and Tanny are complete Idiots, at some point you have to look at what you have because there is always the chance something may come of it. If the future plan is to draft a new QB, you must look at McElroy, never know maybe we get lucky. of course in Jets fashion they would just go out and draft a QB and waste the pick without doing the smart thing, its what we do .

All we can do is hope something snaps and turns this organization back around we've seen it happen for other teams and lord knows the Die hard Jets fans deserve something for once

Maybe all the Rex apologists can finally see that Rex is a bad coach who is ruining this franchise

meh maybe i just believe that a franchise qb solves everything. Isnt that the argument about all good coaches anyway? They wouldnt be any good without their superstar QB. I know you joined and immediately loved sanchez but now even you have to see he sucks.

meh maybe i just believe that a franchise qb solves everything. Isnt that the argument about all good coaches anyway? They wouldnt be any good without their superstar QB. I know you joined and immediately loved sanchez but now even you have to see he sucks.

I don't love Sanchez.

I think he could have been a good enough QB for us to build a championship team around, if we did not screw it up.

He is wildly inconsistent. He has shown flashes that many other's such as the now great Alex Smith never showed.

I believe his inconsistency comes from terrible coaching, and forcing things becuase of a complete and utter lack of talent around him and the pressure of the need to get things done.

I agree that he is shot, and probably at this point unfixable.

That said, if the Jets give this coach a chance to ruin another drafted QB, they are out of their minds.

Rex is far more responsible for the current disaster we are looking at than Sanchez.

I don't love Sanchez.

I think he could have been a good enough QB for us to build a championship team around, if we did not screw it up.

He is wildly inconsistent. He has shown flashes that many other's such as the now great Alex Smith never showed.

I believe his inconsistency comes from terrible coaching, and forcing things becuase of a complete and utter lack of talent around him and the pressure of the need to get things done.

I agree that he is shot, and probably at this point unfixable.

That said, if the Jets give this coach a chance to ruin another drafted QB, they are out of their minds.

Rex is far more responsible for the current disaster we are looking at than Sanchez.

Blaming coaches for his sukitude is a joke and a crock of crap.

He simply blows, a mental midget with zero pocket presence and way below average NFL level accuracy.

I saw the light last year, he reached his highest level in yr 2. When your goal for him is to be Trent Dilfer............pretty sad for a top 5 pick

Blaming coaches for his sukitude is a joke and a crock of crap.

He simply blows, a mental midget with zero pocket presence and way below average NFL level accuracy.

I saw the light last year, he reached his highest level in yr 2. When your goal for him is to be Trent Dilfer............pretty sad for a top 5 pick

Stupid Jets should have surrounded him with megastars like Leonard Hankerson and Aldrick Robinson. Then he would have been awesome.

Or if we tried breaking him in with a group of Davd Patten and Troy Brown and Rod Rutledge and an OL that got him sacked over 40x in 14 starts and got the previous QB's lung punctured. Perhaps then would Sanchez have not been ruined by his coaches and surrounding "talent" on offense.

Sanchez is an innocent victim in all this. Such awesome instincts and accuracy and a Montana-esque ability to survey the whole field and not lock onto one receiver. What a waste.

Stupid Jets should have surrounded him with megastars like Leonard Hankerson and Aldrick Robinson. Then he would have been awesome.

Or if we tried breaking him in with a group of Davd Patten and Troy Brown and Rod Rutledge and an OL that got him sacked over 40x in 14 starts and got the previous QB's lung punctured. Perhaps then would Sanchez have not been ruined by his coaches and surrounding "talent" on offense.

Sanchez is an innocent victim in all this. Such awesome instincts and accuracy and a Montana-esque ability to survey the whole field and not lock onto one receiver. What a waste.

Are you serious???

I mean really??

Are you saying if he cannot perform up to te level of maybe the best QB of all time, it's his fault??

This is the mentaliy that is so disturbing to me.

Yeah, Mark is no Brady, who he F is????

Why is everything so damn black or white with Jets fans?

It's like the comments about everything needing to be perfect for Mark to be effective.

Can we start with things not being complete trash for Mark to be effective??

Can we see how that goes?

Yeah, he holds he ball to long, no sh*t! His WR's are never open, and when they are he hit them in the Bills game, and early in the steelers game, and at the end of Miami.

It's amazing how other teams make adjustments, and the Jets have zero answer, zero.

Is that on the coaches?? Nooooo, it's on Mark, he is not Brady.

It's this mentality that makes it so difficult to succeed in Ny.

Throw in a terrible coaching staff and horrible personnel, lets just keep that QB carrousel turning until we luck into the next Brady, and we can all be 100 waiting for it, while talking about the sucktitude of our now curren QB.

Are you serious???

I mean really??

Are you saying if he cannot perform up to te level of maybe the best QB of all time, it's his fault??

It's like the comments about everything needing to be perfect for Mark to be effective.

Yeah, he holds he ball to long, no sh*t! His WR's are never open, and when they are he hit them in the Bills game, and early in the steelers game, and at the end of Miami.

It's amazing how other teams make adjustments, and the Jets have zero answer, zero.

Throw in a terrible coaching staff and horrible personnel, lets just keep that QB carrousel turning until we luck into the next Brady, and we can all be 100 waiting for it, while talking about the sucktitude of our now curren QB.

RGIII is the best QB of all time? Dude, Leonard Hankerson and Aldrick Robinson and Josh Morgan and a slow Santana Moss.

I used Brady as an obvious illustration that a guy who is the goods is the goods. Sanchez is not and never was going to be.

Are you serious???

I mean really??

your wasting your time man. It has nothing to do with the overall incompetence of this entire organization from coaches to players its all about the QB. Does not Matter our skill players are the worst in the NFL the QB must make better he must do all.

I am heartened to see the "ELI MANNING WON THE SUPER BOWL IN YEARS 4, THEREFORE SANCHEZ WILL BE GREAT' meme has been dead and buried. And the 'IF YOU SURROUNDED SANCHEZ WITH A GREAT OL, A GREAT RB AND GREAT WRS HE WOULD BE GREAT' is on it's way to the graveyard too. Part of it is he isn't very big and his arm isntt Jeff Geaorge/Daryl Lamonica good. You could live with those things if you are smart and accurate. You may not win it it all but you can win some games within a limited range. But Sanchez is prone to bad decisions and still doesn't protect he ball. That has nothing to do with coaching nor teammates. IT'S WHO HE IS.

RGIII is the best QB of all time? Dude, Leonard Hankerson and Aldrick Robinson and Josh Morgan and a slow Santana Moss.

I used Brady as an obvious illustration that a guy who is the goods is the goods. Sanchez is not and never was going to be.

Why are you throwing out names like Hankerson and Robinson and Morgan ? This is a really stupid way to look at any situation. Are you trying to say there is no way these guys could actully be good ? Were you laughing at Wayne Chrebet when the Jets signed him on the Roster as well ?

Are you drinking the Cam Newton Cool aid ? Sure the guy put up numbers last year because all they did was throw the ball all over the lot from the minute the kid stepped on the field. Sure hes a great athelete but is he cut out for winning in the NFL ? Is he just another flashy athelete ? Will he have a great season at some point then fold in the playoffs year after year while the media chugs his loads for making an incredible play here and there but is still wildly inconsistent ?

You use Brady who won 3 SB's based on an incredibly good defense that kept games close no matter how many 3 and outs he had early in his career. If you blindly looked at Bradys stats would you think he won his SB;s in the first 4 years of his career or the last 4 ??? Brady did not start lighting it up until his team surrounded him with lights out talent. He didnt have to push for his team to win he didnt have to take stupid chances he had enough talent to take it slow and let the game come to him just like most good QB's with boat loads of talent should do. Too bad his defense is not what It used to be or they would have won 7 SB's from 00-10.

Part of making a QB great as opposed to just good or agerage is surrounding him with pro bowl talent. Sorry you cant seem to get your brain around that concept but I guarantee you there in NO QB in the NFL that would succeed with the current Jets Roster on Offense. Do they play a liitle better and make less mistakes than Sanchez ?? Probably but thats not saying much and its certainly not going to win SB's.

Archived