Jets sign Jason Hill WR

jetsman

per rotoworld

Cant believe this is the best WR we could get to replace Holmes

Jets signed WR Jason Hill.

With Santonio Holmes (foot) likely done for the season, the Jets resisted the temptation to bring in a big-name free agent like Chad Ochocinco, Plaxico Burress or Terrell Owens. Instead they'll turn to Hill, a 27-year-old speedster that has never caught more than 30 balls in a season and has been on the street since getting cut by the Broncos before Week 1. He joins Stephen Hill (day to day, hamstring), Chaz Schilens and Jeremy Kerley in one of the league's worst receiving corps.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Oct 3 - 10:51 AM

I really don't give a sh*t if he's built to be a slot receiver, if Kerley isn't starting for the rest of this season, someone ought to be kicked in the nuts. At this point, the guy is clearly far and aware the team's best WR and you can feel free to slide him back inside whenever you go to 3 receiver sets, but he needs to be on the field as much as possible.

Although it does seem rather appropriate that the Jets now have two different guys named Hill who can run really fast but not catch. That said, anyone who really expected the Jets to sign Johnson, Owens or Burress is out of their minds.

YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jets Sign WR Jason Hill: Remember Him?

by the Jet Report

Jason Hill is now a Jet as the club readies itself for life after Santonio Holmes, who will miss the rest of the season with a lisfranc injury. One thing is for sure, Hill will fit in with the Jets as far as talking goes. Last season as a Jaguar, leading up to a meeting with the Jets, Hill called Gang Green “overhyped” and Revis a player who has played football as long as Hill himself had.

He was released by WR thin Jacksonville earlier this year.

We don’t mind fearless players. In fact we love those who play with something to prove. Here’s to hoping that Hill (who may now make the Jets the only team to start two Hills at WR) brings packs both traits in his bags on the way to Florham Park.

Brian Costello@BrianCoz

Hill best known for calling the Jets "overhyped" last year and saying Revis was overrated #nyj

Find this article at: http://www.nfl.com/n...iver-jason-hill

Reports: New York Jets to sign wide receiver Jason Hill

• By Gregg Rosenthal
  • Around The League editor
  • Published: Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:23 a.m.
  • Updated: Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:49 a.m.

We told you last night that the Jets weren't going after big name wide receivers Chad Johnson, Terrell Owens or Plaxico Burress.

On Wednesday, we have the proof. ESPN and CBSSports.com report that the Jets will sign former 49ers and Jaguars receiver Jason Hill. (Yep, that's the guy who called Darrelle Revis overrated last year. This should work out great.)

We've heard from Jets fans this week wondering who they should sign to fill in for injured wide receiver Santonio Holmes. It doesn't really make a difference. The players out of work at this stage of the season are out of work for a reason.

The Jets need the receivers they have -- Jeremy Kerley, Chaz Schilens, and Stephen Hill to step up. Hill isn't healthy. Neither is tight end Dustin Keller. The rest of the roster just isn't a difference making group. This comes back to roster management. The team is in complete disarray in large part because of the decisions and non-decisions they made in the offseason.

It seems like only a matter of time before Tebow-to-Jason Hill is part of this wayward Jets season.

He joins Stephen Hill (day to day, hamstring), Chaz Schilens and Jeremy Kerley in one of the league's worst receiving corps.

What other team even comes close to rivaling this line-up?

That said, anyone who really expected the Jets to sign Johnson, Owens or Burress is out of their minds.

We have those types here Bleedin ... I predict the most crippled will continue to start threads on it ....

I was not expecting or hoping for an Ocho/To/Plax circus, i was hoping for someone who can actually be serviceable as a wr and help the offense, for what i have seen of Jason Hill from his time in SF ,Jax & preseason in Denver other than speed he stinks. but whatever here is to hoping we can get one of these guys to be a decent replacement

I was not expecting or hoping for an Ocho/To/Plax circus, i was hoping for someone who can actually be serviceable as a wr and help the offense, for what i have seen of Jason Hill from his time in SF ,Jax & preseason in Denver other than speed he stinks. but whatever here is to hoping we can get one of these guys to be a decent replacement

I don't think anybody was saying you wanted an Ocho/To/Plax circus, bro. I sure wasn't.

Archived