Worst Case, Does Rex get the Axe after 1 Losing Season?

Jet27

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because pointing out that they are tied for first at 2-2 as a way to pump up Rex after the way they have played is hilarious.

It's a statement suggesting that perhaps Rex deserves the benefit of the doubt. We're 2-2, not 0-4, with those 2 wins coming within the division. We haven't had a losing season under Rex. There's a decent chance we can turn it around this season.

They played absolutely awful on Sunday and Rex was out in front to admit as much. I was at the game and saw it firsthand. What more is there to say but let's see what happens?

I think its a real concern because when you look back it was as if the Victor Cruz TD just destroyed the team and they have not recovered yet. Its been 1 good game against the Bills with 2 non efforts and a third that was pretty close to a non effort. When players give no effort it goes directly back to the coach. Everything is also made 100 times worse because Rex just refuses to ever admit his team isnt good and he creates these unrealistic expectations with all his chatter. The last time the Jets looked this bad was 2007 except the team never looked like they quit and Mangini never oversold the team. Now I thought as an in game coach Mangini was making incredibly bad moves, but with low expectations and pretty much a public eye toward the cap room in 2008 nobody really cared. Rex tells you this is the best team he ever had and there is no bright light one year from now. It becomes crushing which makes it harder on these guys to retain their jobs. The handling of the roster the last two or three weeks has been horrific. Probably the first time Ive ever questioned if these guys know what in the world they are doing anymore.

The handling of the roster the last two or three weeks has been horrific. Probably the first time Ive ever questioned if these guys know what in the world they are doing anymore.

I think Rex and Tannenbaum know that 99% of the problems can be traced back to Sanchez, but they're both trying to calculate the cost, career-wise, of benching him. If they bench Sanchez and then Tebow flops, it really does force Woody's hand to 86 one or the other, or both.

I think Rex and Tannenbaum know that 99% of the problems can be traced back to Sanchez, but they're both trying to calculate the cost, career-wise, of benching him. If they bench Sanchez and then Tebow flops, it really does force Woody's hand to 86 one or the other, or both.

Sanchez has been a major problem, but he's also helping to distract the masses from how poorly Rex's defense has been playing.

If/when Tebow gets out there and continues his league leading 3 & out, getting sacked ways, things aren't gonna get any better. It'll just be a demonstration of how poorly prepared the front office was for this season.

It's a statement suggesting that perhaps Rex deserves the benefit of the doubt. We're 2-2, not 0-4, with those 2 wins coming within the division. We haven't had a losing season under Rex. There's a decent chance we can turn it around this season.

They played absolutely awful on Sunday and Rex was out in front to admit as much. I was at the game and saw it firsthand. What more is there to say but let's see what happens?

That's a delusional statement. What talent are they going to turn it around with?

For what? First three years the backup was a geriatric never has been. This year it's a fullback. They went all in on Sanchez and will leave felted.

If he had benched him last year and had been lobbying behind the scenes for a real backup QB things would be very different. But he ignores the offense and keeps bringing in OC's to make up for the lack of talent.

It is NOT whether Rex has a losing season that is determinitive. It's how the Jets lose.

If the Jets have a long losing streak with a bunch of blowout losses, then Woody would be forced to fire Rex. That has happened countless times to HCs.

In that sense, I strongly disagree with Bit because a blanket statement about Rex's job status can't be made without understanding all the variables.

If you get blown out by the Texans on MNF, do you think that would cause the dominos to fall?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I get the humor. I do. I certainly dont think the Jets are playing like the first place team in the division...but the truth is being told, brother. Guy has never had a losing season, is currently in first place of his division and is doing it with the worst QB in the league and by popular opinion a talent-less roster. Yet, people are calling for his head and calling him a "terrible", Head Coach. Thats - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

I get the humor. I do. I certainly dont think the Jets are playing like the first place team in the division...but the truth is being told, brother. Guy has never had a losing season, is currently in first place of his division and is doing it with the worst QB in the league and by popular opinion a talent-less roster. Yet, people are calling for his head and calling him a "terrible", Head Coach. Thats - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

I believe rexey stated that he wasnt involved in offensive gameplans last year, then went on to say that maybe he needed to be more involved defense gameplans, we all know westhoff did 100% ST's

WTF did Rexey do?

Also if you take out the gift from Indy, where manning sat the 2H, we dont make playoffs in his 1st yr.

So in my mind, he will only have made playoffs once in 4 yrs. Not Good enuff, He carries so much baggage and his exotic blitz schemes have become a joke.

I believe rexey stated that he wasnt involved in offensive gameplans last year, then went on to say that maybe he needed to be more involved defense gameplans, we all know westhoff did 100% ST's

WTF did Rexey do?

Also if you take out the gift from Indy, where manning sat the 2H, we dont make playoffs in his 1st yr.

So in my mind, he will only have made playoffs once in 4 yrs. Not Good enuff, He carries so much baggage and his exotic blitz schemes have become a joke.

Thats cool and stuff about what you think in your mind - but the fact is, the Jets went to back to back playoffs in his first 2 seasons and won 4 playoff road games. Plenty of teams make the playoffs because of another teams mishaps. By your logic, the Giants didnt really win the NFC, the San Fran gave them a victory, so their SB doesnt count.

Its about what you do when you get in. Rex won. In 2010, he beat 2 HOF QB's on the road. You guys can conjure up whatever you want to diminish the efforts of Rex Ryan but that was some of the most impressive game planning I've ever seen. Terrible HC's dont get a team ready for back to back road games against future HOF'ers and win. Doesnt happen. The great Bill Belichick has only won 4 road playoff games in his entire postseason career and he's had Tom Brady.

And this whole knock that he doesnt coach each side of the ball is ****ing moronic. 90% of the coaches in the NFL dont coach both sides of the ball.

Thats cool and stuff about what you think in your mind - but the fact is, the Jets went to back to back playoffs in his first 2 seasons and won 4 playoff road games. Plenty of teams make the playoffs because of another teams mishaps. By your logic, the Giants didnt really win the NFC, the San Fran gave them a victory, so their SB doesnt count.

Its about what you do when you get in. Rex won. In 2010, he beat 2 HOF QB's on the road. You guys can conjure up whatever you want to diminish the efforts of Rex Ryan but that was some of the most impressive game planning I've ever seen. Terrible HC's dont get a team ready for back to back road games against future HOF'ers and win. Doesnt happen. The great Bill Belichick has only won 4 road playoff games in his entire postseason career and he's had Tom Brady.

And this whole knock that he doesnt coach each side of the ball is ****ing moronic. 90% of the coaches in the NFL dont coach both sides of the ball.

Umm pretty different, SF was trying to win and fumbled, Indy outright took out players and gave game to Jets

Bellie is involved in every aspect of Pats gameplan, Rexey is not and he admitted so

Umm pretty different, SF was trying to win and fumbled, Indy outright took out players and gave game to Jets

Bellie is involved in every aspect of Pats gameplan, Rexey is not and he admitted so

Good retort. You win. Rex is a terrible HC because he's 30-22 as a HC with 2 playoff births out of 3 years with the worst starting QB in the league. And thats just not good enough.

Good retort. You win. Rex is a terrible HC because he's 30-22 as a HC with 2 playoff births out of 3 years with the worst starting QB in the league. And thats just not good enough.

Sorry he doesnt pass my eye test, Reason why ravens and everone else passed on him, ravens Def was good with Lewis and Nolan before him, not like he reinvented wheel. Our Def has gotten worse each year

he has been here. Some genius he is

Sorry he doesnt pass my eye test, Reason why ravens and everone else passed on him, ravens Def was good with Lewis and Nolan before him, not like he reinvented wheel. Our Def has gotten worse each year

clippys r 4 skippys.

Please look at Tanny for what Tanny is .... Hes a capologist and thats it. if he was a real GM Badway would not still be here holding his hand and leading him in a bad direction. Tanny is what he is and its NOT a GM hes good at what he does and always seems to make room financially when needed but lets face it the guy needs someone like a Parcells to pull the strings, you know the guy that hired him in the first place as an accountant. Having Badway/Rex make too many suggestions puts us where we are at now, in the toilet.

Things might have been drastically different if Rex would have had the balls to send Shooty packing the first day he walked in the Jets facility. Who knows who might have been signed to lead our young QB if that was the case and who knows if we would be bragging on a few rings

Maybe, but I do believe it was not his responsibility to get rid of Shotty, he knows zero about offensive football.

That's a delusional statement. What talent are they going to turn it around with?

Oh I don't know. Maybe those D-linemen they used 1st rounders on. That secondary that's still pretty talented even without Revis. The o-line that has done quite well in pass protection. Perhaps the emergence of Bilal Powell who's looked good. And maybe Keller, finally healthy, will help.

But most importantly, our top 5 picked QB in his 4th year. He can't get much worse.

Sanchez has been a major problem, but he's also helping to distract the masses from how poorly Rex's defense has been playing.

If/when Tebow gets out there and continues his league leading 3 & out, getting sacked ways, things aren't gonna get any better. It'll just be a demonstration of how poorly prepared the front office was for this season.

If Tebow simply doesn't turn the ball over, the defense will find itself in better shape overall. I also think Tebow gives them a psychological lift. It's gotta be wicked depressing for the defense to watch Mark play at this point, and even more depressing to watch Rex blow him kisses after each terrible game.

If Tebow simply doesn't turn the ball over, the defense will find itself in better shape overall. I also think Tebow gives them a psychological lift. It's gotta be wicked depressing for the defense to watch Mark play at this point, and even more depressing to watch Rex blow him kisses after each terrible game.

Agreed. The Tebow effect worked in Denver. It would work here too.

TEBOW FTW!!!!

Agree...there is no way the defense doesnt have a let down if Sanchez holds onto the ball/doesnt throw the Pick 6......I wanted to support Sanchez but man its freakin hard to justify it now....

I have absolutely no confidence in this organizations ability to hire a coach that will be better than Rex Ryan with the next hiring. Rex is far from perfect, but he is a very solid coach who we can win with. With a strong roster, Rex Ryan has proven that he can win in this town. One bad season, which hasn't even happened yet, is not grounds enough for termination. Tanny, on the other hand, has had ample time to build a sustainable roster and has never done it. He, like Rex, inherited an improving roster and has systematically destroyed it by recklessly trading away draft picks and overrating/overpaying our "core" guys.

I have absolutely no confidence in this organizations ability to hire a coach that will be better than Rex Ryan with the next hiring. Rex is far from perfect, but he is a very solid coach who we can win with. With a strong roster, Rex Ryan has proven that he can win in this town. One bad season, which hasn't even happened yet, is not grounds enough for termination. Tanny, on the other hand, has had ample time to build a sustainable roster and has never done it. He, like Rex, inherited an improving roster and has systematically destroyed it by recklessly trading away draft picks and overrating/overpaying our "core" guys.

Last year was a worse season than this one, because they had an 8-5 record, and everybody was healthy, and the team imploded.

So last year was a disaster.

And this year has made a turn down a dark, dark road......

BD

with a strong roster LOL, give 90% of coaches a strong roster and they will win

That's the difference between Ozzie Newsome and Tanny. Ozzie constantly finds productive players and knows when to let others walk and when to retain the rest.

Archived