Jeremy Kerley>Santonio Holmes

oxscott

Jeremy+Kerley+Buffalo+Bills+v+New+York+Jets+_yDrGAvEoqkl.jpg

1. He wont fall to the ground like he just died and throw the ball to the opponent before being ruled down by contact

2. He won't drop 3 balls a game

3. He won't "Fly like a Jet" after a first down (after he drops 3 balls)

4. He won't talk back to Manchez

5. It will hurt more when he drops bombs on Houston

6. He is not a Prima Donna WR that has averaged 3 catches and 50 yards in his career as a Jet

And you've come to this conclusion after how many games of seeing him play?? Look man I know you hate on Holmes cause he can be a tool sometimes but don't be quick on him. That guy has made some spectacular catches. Kerley is still learning the ropes.

i've come to this conclusion because of the reasons stated above. Santonio is a bum that we will have to deal with for yet another year because of his ridiculous contract. Underperforming, whiny, aligator armed WR that, yes, will make a spectacular catch twice a year.

i've come to this conclusion because of the reasons stated above. Santonio is a bum that we will have to deal with for yet another year because of his ridiculous contract. Underperforming, whiny, aligator armed WR that, yes, will make a spectacular catch twice a year.

I'm pretty sure you just called Santonio Holmes a rich man's Justin McCareins.

There is one thing about Holmes though. Not sure how much confidence any QB has in throwing to a WR that you do not know may give up on the route, may give up on the game, may not be mentally focused enough to run a hot route in case of a blitz or may just drop the ball. And i mean any QB not just Sanchez. Most of the successful combos of QB and WR have a very high element of trust. On top of that If a QB knows his WR will bail him out even in case of a bad throw he will prefer to throw the ball that WR's way.

Not sure if any QB could establish that kind of trust with Holmes the way he played last season and this season. I know he had that great SB catch earlier in his career but the way he was playing last season and this season whenever the ball went his direction not sure if anyone on the planet knew what would happen. And when you have your star player performing below par and just giving up on plays it has a contagious effect on the entire unit.

In that respect no Holmes on this team may go a long way in establishing the JETS offense as one unit with one mission and not a unit fractured by ego and lethargy of one guy!

You may not be terribly far off here. I like Kerley a lot, more than most. The thing he does better than any receiver on our team, is catch the balls that are thrown to him. He had 46 targets last year and caught 29 of them, good for a 63% completion rate. Compare that to 45% for Plaxico (41 of 91) and 51% for Holmes (51 of 100) and you see who he should trust with the ball. Admittedly, there are a lot of things to take into consideration, such as kerley is a slot reciver and benefits from not having double coverage and running shorter routes, but he average 11 yards compared to the other two around 13-13.5. For 2011 the top 40 receivers that were targeted the most, the completion percentage was 57.8; with guys like Colston, Welker, Wallace, Jennings etc. leading the way all with 65%+.

This year? Again, a small sample size, but he's caught 12 of 14 targets for 197 yards, 85 YAC and 2 tds. The kid just seems to make plays and I for one am looking forward to seeing what he can do if he gets 80 targets on the year.

I'm starting Kerley in my fantasy league. What?

me too! im REALLY excited about it...maybe this thread is purely to make me feel good about that...not sure. I do see him as a playmaker, and a guy who can get open. If Sanchez can be accurate, he could have a nice game, and build moving forward to be an impact player for THIS season.

This is so poetic. I feel like you stole this from a Don Henley song or something.

But I can seeee youuuu, Brown skin shining in the sun.

You got your lisc fran casted up

And your sunglasses on baby

And I can tell you, my love for you is strong

After the cancerous cancer is gooone

um no. holmes is a much more dynamic player whjo gets results against the most dynamic defenders on the other team.

you're right!! he scored a TD against SF, an extremely dynamic Defense....oh wait...that was SF that scored the TD when he caught, fell, cried, and threw the ball away

We will find out and I am hoping you are right. There were more than a few posters that wanted Holmes out of here just for the sake of team unity. Looks like they got their wish. I like Kerley. He is going to have to step up. Not having Hill and Keller will definately work against the kid. I have faith that we can win once those 2 get healthy and shake the rust off.

Archived