Rams allowing Jackson to opt out of final yr of contract.

redman81

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No thanks...guy is great when healthy but the problem is he is never healthy

Games played over his career:

2004: 14

2005: 15

2006: 16

2007: 12

2008: 12

2009: 15

2010: 16

2011: 15

So out of 128 games, he's missed 13 (10 %). And he's only missed 2 in the last 3 years. Pretty f***ing impressive for an NFL RB.

Only a dope would contract for a mediocre 30 year old RB.....

First of all, he's a borderline HOF back, not "mediocre". Second of all, we're talking about the same idiots who had Shonn Greene as a 1st round grade. So I'd rather get Jackson via free agency than trust these schmucks to draft us a starting-caliber back in the 3rd/4th round as we've been doing.

This will be our big name acquisition next offseason. Offense fixed

Basically you let Greene go in his contract year and upgrade him with Jackson. Powell sticks around as the quick 3rd down back. I don't see why anyone would have a problem with that unless we're giving Jackson a 3+ year deal well above market value.

I can't imagine his demands would be particularly high. We'd be one of a small handful of teams, if not the only one, that would consider him as our RB1.

First of all, he's a borderline HOF back, not "mediocre". Second of all, we're talking about the same idiots who had Shonn Greene as a 1st round grade. So I'd rather get Jackson via free agency than trust these schmucks to draft us a starting-caliber back in the 3rd/4th round as we've been doing.

He's not Curtis Martin. Calm down over there.....

If you want old and ok, over young and ok, don't give whoever replaces Tanny any advice.

If I want to watch Rigor Mortis in a uniform, I'll go to a Knicks or Yankees game.....

BD

Jets need an infusion of youth..

That we do but not necesarilly at the RB position. We draft a RB in the middle rounds every year and it doesn't work out. The best years we had running the ball were 2009 and 2010. In those seasons, we paired a veteran or 2 with a young guy:

2009: Thomas Jones, Leon Washington, Shonn Greene

2010: Tomlinson, Shonn Greene

Jackson & Powell would be of similar ability. Spend draft picks on a QB, a run-blocker, and linebackers and perhaps leave RB alone at that point.

You keep talking about young on here, but what does our young RB group look like? The only one who has shown anything is Powell. I used to defend Greene and think he would come around, but that doesnt seem to be the case. So yeah I'd take Jackson for a year or maybe two paired with Powell and we can draft a RB either next year or yr after depending on needs and who's available.

He's not Curtis Martin. Calm down over there.....

If you want old and ok, over young and ok, don't give whoever replaces Tanny any advice.

If I want to watch Rigor Mortis in a uniform, I'll go to a Knicks or Yankees game.....

BD

Actually he's very simlar to Curtis. Are you aware that Martin only broke the 4.5 ypc mark for a season twice? He went for 4.5 ypc in 2001 and 4.6 in 2004. Curtis also had a streak of 1,000+ yard seasons. His was 10, Jackson's is 7. They're also both durable, with Martin missing 8 games in his career, Jackson 13.

Martin was a significantly better receiver, but otherwise their career tracks were not far off.

At 30, I also don't consider Jackson an old man. Frank Gore is still running effectively after 30. Tomlinson gave us a solid season at 31. He's better than anything we have, would be the best FA RB on the market, and since we don't tend to burn 1st or 2nd rounders on RB, probably better than anyone we could bring in via the draft.

Actually he's very simlar to Curtis. Are you aware that Martin only broke the 4.5 ypc mark for a season twice? He went for 4.5 ypc in 2001 and 4.6 in 2004. Curtis also had a streak of 1,000+ yard seasons. His was 10, Jackson's is 7. They're also both durable, with Martin missing 8 games in his career, Jackson 13.

Martin was a significantly better receiver, but otherwise their career tracks were not far off.

At 30, I also don't consider Jackson an old man. Frank Gore is still running effectively after 30. Tomlinson gave us a solid season at 31. He's better than anything we have, would be the best FA RB on the market, and since we don't tend to burn 1st or 2nd rounders on RB, probably better than anyone we could bring in via the draft.

Martin never missed a game, never missed a block, caught the ball out of the backfield, never fumbled the ball (Jackson 19 fumbles), and led the league in rushing.

Other than that, they're the exactly the same....

BD

Martin never missed a game, never missed a block, caught the ball out of the backfield, never fumbled the ball (Jackson 19 fumbles), and led the league in rushing.

Other than that, they're the exactly the same....

BD

Ummm Curtis had 25 fumbled jackass

Archived