NFL Defensive Rookie of the Month for September

Joewillie2012

When it comes to Wilk and Coples they are either DE's in the 3-4 or DT's in the 4-3. personally I think they would excell as DT's in the 4-3, once again thats my opinion from what Ive seen of their play. I think getting some smaller fast DE's to complement them in a 4-3 would be ideal. If thats not the case and you want to run a 3-4 then they play DE and do their job as occupiers and Jets fans will have to deal with 3-5 sack years from both players (thats best case scenario) and we will need to draft True OLB's, not project's, not converted DE's, but REAL LB's. Thats pretty much it. Half assing it like the Jets have been doing thinking Rex can coach em up has caught up to this team. Other teams have caught up to his schemes and he does not have the HOFers like he did on the Ravens to bail his fat ass out. Either we get some real players in here and send clowns like Maybin Packing or we continue to go in the toilet further.

This was my post Sperm so Im not sure what your talking about . I plainly state Im not looking for the team to draft DE's to convert to LB's yet you claim thats exactly what Im saying.

Coples is a 4-3 DT or 3-4 DE. He will never be a 10+ sack guy. That is not his game. He is not a dominant pass rusher and that is fine.

But his role at some point needs to be defined. Rex duriing training camp talking that he could play OLB was beyond stupid. He's 285+ lbs.

Archived