Increase Tebow's Snaps

TNJet

Monday night we should double what Tim has been getting this season in the offense. He can only help us get the ground and pound going and perhaps get us out of the Sanchez rutt that will be inevitable. Get something going on offense for lords sake at all costs. If it means more Tebow so be it. McElroy? Sure why not. Just win baby. Al Davis RIP.

On their boards most of the people that said everyone but Tebow was responsible for the wins are now saying everyone but Manning is responsible for the losses.

Manning has played pretty fantastic all things considered. Their defense is playing more like the one that started 1-4 last year and not the one that supported Tebow in their run into the playoffs.

In addition, they went 2-3 against this schedule:

vs. Pittsburgh (2-2)

@ Atlanta (5-0)

vs. Houston (4-0)

vs. Oakland (1-3)

@ New England (3-2)

Opp. Record: 15-7 (.682 %)

Brutal. I believe that's the NFL's toughest schedule to this point. Yet they're 5th in passing offense and 9th in scoring against it. Even more impressive is they've actually outscored their opponents overall (+ 21 net). Not too shabby.

I imagine they'll be a 10+ win team.

Manning has played pretty fantastic all things considered. Their defense is playing more like the one that started 1-4 last year and not the one that supported Tebow in their run into the playoffs.

In addition, they went 2-3 against this schedule:

vs. Pittsburgh (2-2)

@ Atlanta (5-0)

vs. Houston (4-0)

vs. Oakland (1-3)

@ New England (3-2)

Opp. Record: 15-7 (.682 %)

Brutal. I believe that's the NFL's toughest schedule to this point. Yet they're 5th in passing offense and 9th in scoring against it. Even more impressive is they've actually outscored their opponents overall (+ 21 net). Not too shabby.

I imagine they'll be a 10+ win team.

Could still be a 10 win team but the climb to 5th in passing offense is partly offset by a drop from last years NFL leading rushing offense. I think teams may start to figure out that Peyton can no longer throw more than 30 yards with any accuracy or velocity. The commentators last night raved about his brilliant underthrow, but I don't think it was intentional (again that is just my opinion).

My other opinion is that this is a great time to start Tebow, not because I think he is a better QB than Sanchez at this point, but because a running QB might be a better option until they either sign more receivers or somebody gets healthy.

Archived