Fire Rex and Tannebaum Tomorrow

Victor Green

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You just made my point for me. The minute the defense has gone downhill, the Packers have proven to be overly dependent on Rodgers. How is Mike McCarthy an elite HC in that case?

You havent heard? Rex is the only HC who doesnt pay attention to both sides of the ball. Every single HC in the league is a genius on both sides of the ball or at the very least a generalist who gets it. Nobody comes from the offensive side or defensive side and doesnt really know how to coach the one their not familiar with. This is an exclusive problem to Rex Ryan. Something about neglect too.

You just made my point for me. The minute the defense has gone downhill, the Packers have proven to be overly dependent on Rodgers. How is Mike McCarthy an elite HC in that case?

Sorry i was making a point based on the fact its not all about the QB . I dont think McCarthy is anything special.

Yeah cause 7-21 is really impressive especially after completing 5 of those passes in the first quarter. Shotty is just as horrific as ever,

Bradford seemed lost without his favorite target. Danny Amendola injured his right shoulder making a diving attempt

Bottom line:

Bradford 57% completion percentage

Sanchez 49% completion percentage

- Fire Rex and Tannebaum Tommorow

- Have Woody address Jet fans and tell them he intends to build the team from the ground up into a world class organization

- Up Sparano as IHC

- Start McElroy, and use Tebow as he is being used now (he is not the true #2)

- Hire top caliber consultant(s) to search for a world class HC, football intelligent GM & staff, premier scouting dept.

- Suck for Luck

- Have new mgt. / scouting team in place by Pro Bowl

- Start filling the many holes at QB, RB, WR, OL, Slow Defense --- use a long-term strategy

- Avoid felons and problem children

- Pray we can develop / find a REAL QB

- Ask Joe Willie if he sold his sold to the devil for that one ring (if so, negotiate with the devil to have the curse lifted: give him Holmes, Revis and a player to be named later)

- The Jets will rise again! I cannot have wasted 40 years of my life rooting for this team

I hate Jets fans.

Yeah cause 7-21 is really impressive especially after completing 5 of those passes in the first quarter. Shotty is just as horrific as ever,

He also threw 2 TD's against what was a top 5, undefeated defense. I seem to remember him making a lot of deep throws in that game which will drive down your comp %. And he did it with Wayne Hunter covering his blindside and Robert Turner under center. Not exactly D'Brick-Mangold there.

In any case, he at least made the most of those completions and, most importantly, won the game.

Saying Rex is a bad head coach is going overboard. He was kicking --- his first two years, and you guys weren't complaining about him when he was beating the Chargers and the Past in the Playoffs.

But he and Tanny have overestimated the team's talent, and what Sparano could do for the offense, which is not much. And they've started to tune him out.

If they don't make the Playoffs, it's time for a change.....

BD

First move as HC - draft a QB.

Trade for 2 former 1st round WR's

Sign future HOF RB

Take numerous SB winning mid round picks on offensive players

Fire failing OC, bring in new OC.

Draft a 2nd round WR.

=

Offense neglected.

Thanks for introducing facts into this discussion.

Saying Rex is a bad head coach is going overboard. He was kicking --- his first two years, and you guys weren't complaining about him when he was beating the Chargers and the Past in the Playoffs.

But he and Tanny have overestimated the team's talent, and what Sparano could do for the offense, which is not much. And they've started to tune him out.

If they don't make the Playoffs, it's time for a change.....

BD

They won't, still don't believe they'll fire Rex though.

First move as HC - draft a QB.

Trade for 2 former 1st round WR's

Sign future HOF RB

Take numerous SB winning mid round picks on offensive players

Fire failing OC, bring in new OC.

Draft a 2nd round WR.

=

Offense neglected.

You basically just made the best case for how incompetent the team is.

You basically just made the best case for how incompetent the team is.

Certainly. But Tannenbaum AND Rex can't both be awful. Under Rex we've gone 30-22 (.577) and 4-2 in the postseason. His success here in his first 3+ seasons as an NFL Head Coach really cannot be disputed.

Meanwhile, the argument that the roster has deteriorated is correct, and it's directly related to poor drafting from 2009 to present. Even if you said Rex was 100 % responsible for all of those drafts, he's still won with the team he's "built". But we know this isn't the case at all. Rex gets to make perhaps one selection per draft, with the rest of the decisions made by Tannenbaum and company. After all, he publically admitted he didn't want to draft Stephen Hill this April.

It's pretty clear-cut that what needs to happen following 2012. Regardless of what happens in the final 12 weeks, we need a change at GM and a completely shakeup of the scouting personnel. Allow the GM to make a decision on whether or not to keep Rex on as the HC.

Certainly. But Tannenbaum AND Rex can't both be awful. Under Rex we've gone 30-22 (.577) and 4-2 in the postseason. The idea that the roster has deteriorated is a correct one, and it's directly related to poor drafting from 2009 to present.

Even if you said Rex was 100 % responsible for all of those drafts, he's still won with the team he's been handed.

It's pretty clear cut that what needs to happen following 2012. Regardless of what happens in the final 12 weeks, we need a change at GM and a completely shakeup of the scouting personnel. Allow the GM to make a decision on whether or not to keep Rex on as the HC.

Yes U allow new GM to hire or fire Rexey, my guess is he will start packin

Certainly. But Tannenbaum AND Rex can't both be awful. Under Rex we've gone 30-22 (.577) and 4-2 in the postseason. The idea that the roster has deteriorated is a correct one, and it's directly related to poor drafting from 2009 to present.

Even if you said Rex was 100 % responsible for all of those drafts, he's still won with the team he's been handed.

It's pretty clear cut that what needs to happen following 2012. Regardless of what happens in the final 12 weeks, we need a change at GM and a completely shakeup of the scouting personnel. Allow the GM to make a decision on whether or not to keep Rex on as the HC.

I agree with you about the personnel department being completely incompetent and needing to be completely blown out. But yes, Rex and Tannenbaum CAN both be awful. It just matters less as to who the coach is during the rebuilding process than who the GM is.

I agree with you about the personnel department being completely incompetent and needing to be completely blown out. But yes, Rex and Tannenbaum CAN both be awful. It just matters less as to who the coach is during the rebuilding process than who the GM is.

Disagree with this. The GM and the scouting department know they must fit the personnel with the scheme and vision of the HC. It's a collaborative effort and you can't have one without the other; like the chicken and the egg.

If I were to agree with you that would make an even more persuasive argument for Rex's firing because he HAS NO coherent scheme or vision on offense.

He said from the get-go he wanted to run the ball. In 2009 & 2010 this worked. But in 2011 came the realization that you can't win with that model unless the running game is dominant OR you have a passing attack to keep defenses honest. Neither were the case, and the same is true in 2012 with Sparano running the show. So while we LOST our identity on offense, it doesn't mean Rex had no plan in place. It just didn't work thanks to the personnel, and we've been reeling ever since.

He said from the get-go he wanted to run the ball. In 2009 & 2010 this worked. But in 2011 came the realization that you can't win with that model unless the running game is dominant OR you have a passing attack to keep defenses honest. Neither were the case, and the same is true in 2012 with Sparano running the show. So while we LOST our identity on offense, it doesn't mean Rex had no plan in place. It just didn't work thanks to the personnel, and we've been reeling ever since.

If he came into this season, or last season for that matter, thinking he had a good running game he's utterly clueless. And he's show zero ability to be flexible.

And while Rex may indeed be terrible at running an offense, there are at least a handful of HC's that can't seem to manage either side of the ball. At least we know Rex is solid on defense.

Want him to return to being a DC? Well then he'll be doing it for another team, and we'll lose that skill set entirely. Not to mention, he'll probably get paired with an offensive-minded HC and have a lot of success.

If he came into this season, or last season for that matter, thinking he had a good running game he's utterly clueless. And he's show zero ability to be flexible.

I think 2011 was the wake-up call that the running game wasn't working. 2012 is the wake-up call, finally, that Sanchez isn't working. And that's got to be organization-wide at this point.

I've said for a while now that the biggest mistake Rex has made in his tenure was following along with the plan to move up and take Mark Sanchez. If he get's fired, it should be for that. Otherwise there are only a few HC's in the NFL I'd prefer to have running the show than Rex.

And while Rex may indeed be terrible at running an offense, there are at least a handful of HC's that can't seem to manage either side of the ball. At least we know Rex is solid on defense.

Want him to return to being a DC? Well then he'll be doing it for another team, and we'll lose that skill set.

Give any HC revis and he will do just fine, Rexey has not been creative since 2009

I think 2011 was the wake-up call that the running game wasn't working. 2012 is the wake-up call, finally, that Sanchez isn't working. And that's got to be organization-wide at this point.

I've said for a while now that the biggest mistake Rex has made in his tenure was following along with the plan to move up and take Mark Sanchez. If he get's fired, it should be for that. Otherwise there are only a few HC's in the NFL I'd prefer to have running the show than Rex.

It took them WAY too long to be realistic about the miserable talent level on this team and make the appropriate moves to address it like bringing in another RB and a backup QB who can throw the ball. Instead they brought the circus to town with a move that does NOTHING for them on the field. That level of incompetence and pure stupidity is so stunning that I still can't even describe it.

It took them WAY too long to be realistic about the miserable talent level on this team and make the appropriate moves to address it like bringing in another RB and a backup QB who can throw the ball. Instead they brought the circus to town with a move that does NOTHING for them on the field. That level of incompetence and pure stupidity is so stunning that I still can't even describe it.

Agreed with most of the above. But rereard it again. Whose job is it PRIMARILY to make sure the team fields adequate talent?

In addition, if one of your biggest concerns is who your BACKUP quarterback is, then that's a firable offense for any NFL GM on its own. Can you even name a third of the backup QB's around the league?

Agreed with most of the above. But rereard it again. Whose job is it PRIMARILY to make sure the team fields adequate talent?

It's the GM but if it really is a partnership like you're saying the coach should be camped inside the GM and, if necessary the Owner's office hammering home what the team was walking into this season. Rex said this was the most talented team he's had as Jets coach like a clueless bafoon.

Archived