Fire Rex and Tannebaum Tomorrow

Victor Green

It's the GM but if it really is a partnership like you're saying the coach should be camped inside the GM and, if necessary the Owner's office hammering home what the team was walking into this season.

I'll agree with that. But firing the underling for not telling the boss what to do at every turn isn't really something that ever happens in any business.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mangini will have a better winning % as coach of jets after rexey finishes this year

Oh really? Has Rex had a 4-win season I'm not aware about? Mangini went 23-25 as Jets HC. Rex is 30-22. He'd have to lose pretty much every game this year to accomplish what you say.

Mangini will have a better winning % as coach of jets after rexey finishes this year

Oh really? Has Rex had a 4-win season I'm not aware about? Mangini went 23-25 as Jets HC. Rex is 30-22. He'd have to lose pretty much every game this year to accomplish what you say.

Actually I just did the math and Rex would have to lose the final 12 games this season to do it. If Rex goes 1-11, it ends up like this:

Rex: 31-33 (.484)

Mangini: 23-25 (.479)

Actually I just did the math and Rex would have to lose the final 12 games this season to do it. If Rex goes 1-11, it ends up like this:

Rex: 31-33 (.484)

Mangini: 23-25 (.479)

pretty effen close, but you forgot about next year, 4 years of hell comin and i know Woody aint cannin sexey rexey.

pretty effen close, but you forgot about next year, 4 years of hell comin and i know Woody aint cannin sexey rexey.

If we went 1-11 Rex would get fired along with just about everyone in the organization. Absolutely no doubt about it.

But he won't be, and this argument is trending retarded.

The problem isn't either, it's both. Neither Rex nor Tannenbaum is capable of doing Tannenbaum's job. I can't remember who said it (Tom maybe?), but the problem is there's no adult in the room. Nobody's there to tell these two dopes that drafting a mopey shrimp with 16 college starts is a bad idea. Nobody's there to throw cold water on the idea of handing a combined $51 million guaranteed to a pair of ILBs. Nobody's there to tell Rex that one good performance against his defense does not a great player make, and nobody's there to tell Tannenbaum that he shouldn't be throwing away draft picks like Bit-o-Honeys on Halloween. The team has no direction and no identity and no coherent plan because Rex is the boss and Tannenbaum's too dumb or too oblivious or too sackless to tell him to stop being a doofus. At least in Rex's case you give him credit for achieving some stuff on the field, but Tannenbaum is entirely useless and needs to be replaced by someone that knows what the **** he's doing.

How much better than 1-11 are they gonna be? Probably not much.

Even sans Revis and Holmes there's no way you can tell me we'll lose to the Jacksonville Jaguars and Tennessee Titans. We also get Buffalo again and Miami at home. Bare minimum we win 4 more games.

Our schedule isn't looking as easy as we thought now that the NFC West has proven to be legit, but there's some cupcakes on there.

The problem isn't either, it's both. Neither Rex nor Tannenbaum is capable of doing Tannenbaum's job. I can't remember who said it (Tom maybe?), but the problem is there's no adult in the room. Nobody's there to tell these two dopes that drafting a mopey shrimp with 16 college starts is a bad idea. Nobody's there to throw cold water on the idea of handing a combined $51 million guaranteed to a pair of ILBs. Nobody's there to tell Rex that one good performance against his defense does not a great player make, and nobody's there to tell Tannenbaum that he shouldn't be throwing away draft picks like Bit-o-Honeys on Halloween. The team has no direction and no identity and no coherent plan because Rex is the boss and Tannenbaum's too dumb or too oblivious or too sackless to tell him to stop being a doofus. At least in Rex's case you give him credit for achieving some stuff on the field, but Tannenbaum is entirely useless and needs to be replaced by someone that knows what the **** he's doing.

This.

Replace Tannenbaum and let him decide what to do with Rex, and go from there. It's a remarkably simple solution but when Woody Johnson is involved you just don't know what will happen, or if he'll be capable of hiring an effective GM. This is when an NFL team proves to be screwed by the guy signing the checks.

Even sans Revis and Holmes there's no way you can tell me we'll lose to the Jacksonville Jaguars and Tennessee Titans. We also get Buffalo again and Miami at home. Bare minimum we win 4 more games.

You can't see MJD or Johnson running for 150 yards and them losing 13-6? Easily. They have no offensive talent at all.

This.

Replace Tannenbaum and let him decide what to do with Rex, and go from there. It's a remarkably simple solution but when Woody Johnson is involved you just don't know what will happen, or if he'll be capable of hiring an effective GM. This is when an NFL team proves to be screwed by the guy signing the checks.

The new GM is gonna want to bring in his own coach.

You can't see MJD or Johnson running for 150 yards and them losing 13-6? Easily. They have no offensive talent at all.

Tennessee's offensive line is absolutely god-awful, way worse off than ours. MJD HAS been going off but they still aren't winning. You're neglecting to mention the defenses of either team, which are just as bad as that Bills' defense we smoked in Week 1.

Our schedule isn't looking as easy as we thought now that the NFC West has proven to be legit, but there's some cupcakes on there.

Miami is a better team and they should have won 1st game

I can see maybe beating Jax and Jills

Tennessee's offensive line is absolutely god-awful, way worse off than ours. MJD HAS been going off but they still aren't winning. You're neglecting to mention the defenses of either team, which are just as bad as that Bills' defense we smoked in Week 1.

Do you really think Sanchez will have another game like he did vs the Bills in the NFL?

Do you really think Sanchez will have another game like he did vs the Bills in the NFL?

If he's the starting QB against Jacksonville or Tennessee, yes. Sanchez saw better defenses at USC.

What will probably happen is Sanchez gets replaced after the New England game and Tebow reels off some victories against said cupcakes, effectively saving Tannenbaum and Rexs' jobs. We make the playoffs on smoke and mirrors and T0mShane murders himself with a pencil.

If he's the starting QB against Jacksonville or Tennessee, yes. Sanchez saw better defenses at USC.

What will probably happen is Sanchez gets replaced after the New England game and Tebow reels off some victories against said cupcakes, effectively saving Tannenbaum and Rexs' jobs. We make the playoffs on smoke and mirrors and T0mShane murders himself with a pencil.

If that happens it will set this franchise back at least 3 years.

The only thing I disagree with here is the plan and direction. They have a plan and a direction they just dont have the personnel to accomplish the vision. They did the first 2 seasons, hence having a top 3 running game and top 3 defense. The problem is, that they needed Sanchez to step up and be a player to cover up for some of the areas on the team that are on the decline until they are able to find the right people to fix those issues. And he simply cant. If Sanchez played like a top 10 QB, which I think is a reasonable expectation for a QB selected as high as him, the Jets would have made the playoffs last year and the only real gripe we'd have is that we have the worst LB'ers in the league.

Success!!!

Archived