Sanchez sucks.

Sperm Edwards

I know its fashionable to say Sanchez sucks but given the pressure of the world he was under and the way the WIldcat play calling was handicapping him all along, he played pretty well. He has to continue to show that effort as he goes along.

If the JETS had a legit backup it would be another story. But Tebow is not the answer which is why is baffling that the JETS traded for him and installed him as a backup. Tebow's success last season was because he was a novelty act. He won a few games just purely based on the read option play. But the defenses have figured that out. This season Tebow has a great hand in derailing a whole bunch of drives. His only positive contribution has been converting the 3 4th downs on punt plays. He is not the answer. Period.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any other starting Qb in the NFL except maybe Blaine Gabbert leads the Jets to victory last night.

Sanchez sucks.

No doubt. Only Gabbert would've throw the ball at Cumberlands hands like that!! Idiot! You know if you hit a TE in the hands it's bound to get tipped perfectly to a DB! Like I said, once he's gone we can get back to the Jet football we know and love!! Let's just forget we ever suffered thru these four years, put those ****ing four playoff wins behind us, erase the memory of for once beating the Patriots in the playoffs. And get back to winning!!! I'm with you. Sanchez is AJ Burnett. No worse....he's Rick Rhoden.

No sweat, we'll just have Tanny dial us up another gem!! We're in. Holmes will be back good as new next year and it's on. Shonn Greene can FINALLY have a little help. The pass sets up the run, we all know that! **** this dude!

Exactly what do you think you have with Tebow? If performance is the point, did you not watch what he did with a 1-4 team last year as he was looking over his shoulder the entire year? (Only Tebow doesn't look back, thank God) Did you not watch a single game of his in college? Do you not know he is arguably the greatest player in the history of college football? Do you not know he was better than John Elway, possibly the greatest QB of all time, when comparing their first two seasons? Two seasons in which Elway was actually given free reign. Did you not watch Tebow, in his second season, torch one of the greatest defenses in the game to pull off a shocking upset in the playoffs?

I know exactly what i'm getting with Tebow...and I want it.

No. Can;t say that I did.

Winning with a running game and powerhouse defense? Must be the QB!

The only thing that has stopped this team from winning one maybe two rings is Mark Sanchez!! Hell, Rex may even have three-peated. And with a QB who is competent, Shonn Greene can become the back he is, explosive. He can't do that now because of Sanchez.

I just feel bad for these WRs who have to waste a prime year in their careers with this dude!! Schilens would be a pro-bowler if he even had a Matt Cassell......jeez

This ****ing spaz has thrown the ball all over the place! Cumberland's hands, Hill's elbow, Tebow's head, Holmes chest!! ****ing ridiculous. And if he would get off the field quicker, maybe Tebow can have a chance running his wildcat. He is toast after this year. I just hope this four years doesn't tarnish our otherwise stellar reputation for grooming Qbs. It;s just bizarre, because we're usually money when it comes to the QB. haha

No doubt. Only Gabbert would've throw the ball at Cumberlands hands like that!! Idiot! You know if you hit a TE in the hands it's bound to get tipped perfectly to a DB!

Jeff Cumberland is 6'4. He had to stretch out and reach behind him on a 5 yard pass. 5 yards. 5 YARDS!!!! That ball was 9 feet in the air and behind him, from 5 yards away. 5 yards.

9 year old kids bring home stuffed animals from the fair for having better accuracy.

Jeff Cumberland is 6'4. He had to stretch out and reach behind him on a 5 yard pass. 5 yards. 5 YARDS!!!! That ball was 9 feet in the air and behind him, from 5 yards away. 5 yards.

9 year old kids bring him stuffed animals from the fair for having better accuracy.

Jimmy Graham makes that catch. Inexcusable. Sanchez not at fault.

9 year old kids bring him stuffed animals from the fair for having better accuracy.

Sanchez sucks

Are you kidding me? Every one last year. Pittsburgh, SF and he even said he sucked vs. Miami. And he has sucked.....and he has had company. I used to like the kids attitude, that he absorbed the blame.......but it's time to call some scrubs out AND when he says sh*t like "Mr. tannebum has done a great job of putting this team together......" gag or "Rex and Coach Sporano have done a great job of blah blah blah" or "This is a special group." I throw up in my mouth. gtfoh Coach Sporano has done jack. All of that Wildcat crap and it has gained positive yardage once (maybe twice). They have obviously NO plan at all. It was about Get Tebow, figure it out later. At least they could let the clown finish off his ****ing drives, instead of sending Sanchez in on 2nd and 12. lol How about Ist and Goal from the 2: Run Tebow for -1. Then throw the ball twice!!! haha

wait let's look at that again, and tell me why we canned Schotty and started the old learning curve all over again. OK We get Tebow. All he could do is run forward. He is 250 and he can get you a tough yard or two. That is his whole act. And we have a handful of voluteer fireman and gym teachers at WR. We are on the 3 yard line. We throw it twice? Then kick a FG?

Yeah, i have no problem with him handing out some blame. It's about time. Shonn "2 yard" Greene and his 3 100 yard games in what? 35? haha (Similar to Tone's streak) has been sleeping like a baby at night.

You aren't involved and therefore did not read what I was responding to.

It was put to me that Sanchez (presumably in some sort of hero/leader role) "takes the blame every week for everything that goes wrong" and this is complete fiction. Other than maybe the Buffalo OT game his rookie year I can't think of a single instance when this has occurred, let alone "every week" as was claimed, when he has "[taken] the blame every week for everything that goes wrong" -- can you?

Post a link to any time he has done this.

Jimmy Graham makes that catch. Inexcusable. Sanchez not at fault.

Sanchez sucks

Give me a Football right now, sitting down in my chair, from behind my desk, with my left hand, I'll hit Cumberland in the numbers 9 out of 10 times....blind folded.

All I know is thank God Tannybum had the keen foresight to prepare for this situation, which is specifically why he went out and got us a good, solid #2 Qb.....giving us, as Rex put it, "TWO QBs who have won playoff games!!" Whew!! That's what separates the serious franchises from some 3rd generation tycoon's hobby. We're prepared. Just sit Sanchez and let's get down to bizness. hahahaha Maybe I can squeeze some enjoyment out of this year after all.

All I know is thank God Tannybum had the keen foresight to prepare for this situation, which is specifically why he went out and got us a good, solid #2 Qb.....giving us, as Rex put it, "TWO QBs who have won playoff games!!" Whew!! That's what separates the serious franchises from some 3rd generation tycoon's hobby. We're prepared. Just sit Sanchez and let's get down to bizness. hahahaha Maybe I can squeeze some enjoyment out of this year after all.

Sanchez sucks.

Give me a Football right now, sitting down in my chair, from behind my desk, with my left hand, I'll hit Cumberland in the numbers 9 out of 10 times....blind folded.

What if I told you that you only had like 4-5 seconds to hit him. I BET YOU COULDN'T. These are the hardships of Mark Sanchez.

9 year old kids bring home stuffed animals from the fair for having better accuracy.

Yes, Sanchez sucks, but that was actually a 15 yarder on a 3rd & 18. Regardless, Cumberland had the ball in his hands and knocked it in the air. He nearly dropped the TD pass. Sanchez sucks, but the Jets have a hard time catching the ball.

Yes, Sanchez sucks, but that was actually a 15 yarder on a 3rd & 18. Regardless, Cumberland had the ball in his hands and knocked it in the air. He nearly dropped the TD pass. Sanchez sucks, but the Jets have a hard time catching the ball.

Oh, my bad. 15 yards away. ****. Didnt realize that. Never mind. 9 year olds dont actually win stuffed animals at the fair from that distance but 12 year olds do!

Well, if you have convinced yourself that INT was NOT Cumberland's fault....because he had to stretch (lmao), then what can I say? Luckily we have a fantastic back up....so it's irrelevant. Tannybum outsmarted everyone. We'll be back before you know it. Then these poor receivers wont have to deal with that sh*t......having to stretch for a ball. I believe he even had to come off the ground a few inches......what is he Michael Jordon?

Oh, my bad. 15 yards away. ****. Didnt realize that. Never mind. 9 year olds dont actually win stuffed animals at the fair from that distance but 12 year olds do!

That's odd, because you wrote "5 yards" many times with exclamation points.Five times in fact. hey what's 30 feet? lmao I just hope that dude didnt get Cumberland hurt....stretching like that!!

Damn it, this team is SO close! We're right there. We just need a QB!!

Actually, since we do have the best backup in the league, we may still have a shot at this thing! I feel good.

Sanchez's numbers on short passes are so bad they are almost unbelievable.

Well, if you have convinced yourself that INT was NOT Cumberland's fault....because he had to stretch (lmao), then what can I say? Luckily we have a fantastic back up....so it's irrelevant. Tannybum outsmarted everyone. We'll be back before you know it. Then these poor receivers wont have to deal with that sh*t......having to stretch for a ball. I believe he even had to come off the ground a few inches......what is he Michael Jordon?

That's odd, because you wrote "5 yards" many times with exclamation points.Five times in fact. hey what's 30 feet? lmao I just hope that dude didnt get Cumberland hurt....stretching like that!!

Actually, since we do have the best backup in the league, we may still have a shot at this thing! I feel good.

Tebow >>> Sanchez.

>real talk<

How is it 4th? By the nature of the team as professed by the HC. A ground & pound squad with a stout defense. That was the blueprint and the Jets are neither.

And get real, the Texans absolutely toyed with the Jets. The Texans couldve run on every play and scored another 2 TDs.

Yes, I've said it before that Sanchez is incompetent and hasn't mustered baseline QB play, but even with a JAG the Jets would suck. The Jets need a superstar QB to overcome the crappy squad Tanny constructed. It's just unfortunate that Tanny's crappy job extended to QB as well.

They didn't draft Sanchez 5th overall be anything less. And after years of the rest of the team carrying Sanchez, it's fair to request that our franchise QB do the same in his 4th year when the rest of the roster declines (in part due to the amount of money we're paying HIM).

They didn't draft Sanchez 5th overall be anything less.

They did, but then left his development up to Schitty and Matt ****in Cavanaugh.

That's like buying a Maserati and then taking it to Pep Boys for maintenance.

Yup, we are an Andy Dalton away from winning the SB this year!

What a we waitin for???

GO GET'EM!

Andy Dalton would unleash the beastly playmakers on this offense that are currently being held back while being expected to run proper routes, and catch balls above their head!

LOL, the level of idiocity of about 7-10 posters on this board is mind boggling to say the least, it's actually scary how right they think they are, and how clueless about football they actually are.

They didn't draft Sanchez 5th overall be anything less. And after years of the rest of the team carrying Sanchez, it's fair to request that our franchise QB do the same in his 4th year when the rest of the roster declines (in part due to the amount of money we're paying HIM).

While your right, drafting him 5th and expecting him to put an offense on his back was completely idiotic.

Not one analyst or scout that I read before the draft thought he was that kind of QB.

He never had a huge arm, or was a big guy, nor was that type of leader.

I was so against drafting him because I had a bad feeling they thought they were getting something he is not.

Now, they have put virtually nothing around him, and everyone hates him because he is not something he never could be.

The hate should be directed at the morons who are clueless about creating a team.

Every analyst said he would need talent around him to thrive, every one.

Definitely not, but we're an Andy Dalton away from beating the Texans last night.

Interesting, I don't think the great Matt Schaub would have beat the Texans last night based on what I saw.

If you switched QB's, the results would have been the same.

Archived