Sanchez sucks.

Sperm Edwards

Baffles is a good word. I feel pretty much the same about your feelings on Edwards.

It's like fighting over whether you'd like to get hit with a bat or a crow bar. Neither one is going to be fun and it wasn't going to be good which one of those oversized goons was on the team in 2012, but we still we fight and shake our heads!

At some point of time somebody has to explain the assumption that Edwards would have got injured at the exact same time and in the exact same manner here in New York like he was in San Francisco and hence unable to play for most of the season if he was still with the New York JETS.

And the answer has to be more than 'destiny' or 'karma'.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WHat is this Jets teams record with Brady?

It's all about the QB....no one bitched in '09-'10 when the team went for it by mortgaging the future per se'

It is what it is...The JEts can win with Sanchez, but need to fill the roster with pro bowlers to do so

Please stop with the Brady analogy because its ridiculous. Great 1st ballot HOFers overcome crappy teammates. Heck, truly elite QBs do that. Sanchez is neither so thats why he cant mask the suckiness of his supporting cast.

Brady on the Jets completely changes the franchise because it changes not only the offensive emphasis, but defensive emphasis and how teams gameplan.

Last night is a good hypothetical example. The game wouldnt have been 23-17 with Brady. It wouldve probably been in the high 30s because the Texans wouldve ben forced to keep up the offensive pressure. Or, if it was lower scoring, that would be the product of the Texans doing ball control to kep the ball away from Brady.

again the new sanchez apologist appraoch. " IF we had all pro bowlers sanchez would be great!"

Not really because it would kinda help that for a Rex proclaimed blueprint of ground & pound with stput defense could actually ground & pound and play stout defense.

its a throwing league nowadays. and our defense isnt as bad as everyone makes it out to be so i fail to see the point.

The Jets D is 31st against the run and 31st on 3rd downs.

Yeah, the D is as bad as everyone makes it out to be.

The Jets D is 31st against the run and 31st on 3rd downs.

Yeah, the D is as bad as everyone makes it out to be.

points points points buddy all that matter. Besides id reckon and im sure a lot of other people would to that the offenses inability to sustain drives to give the D a break and there oh so lovable habit of giving field position to the other team has something to do with the D being not dominant.

points points points buddy all that matter. Besides id reckon and im sure a lot of other people would to that the offenses inability to sustain drives to give the D a break and there oh so lovable habit of giving field position to the other team has something to do with the D being not dominant.

That's an interesting, but baseless theory because the Jets D is actually consistent in failing to stop the run and 3rd down in the 1st quarter as they are in the 4th. Plus, you say "points points points" matter, but the Jets D is 22nd in points allowed, worst in the Rex Jets era.

So, really, what are you talking about?

\So, when on the first drive of the game, when the Texans are gashing the Jets for huge chunks of yards on the ground, and teh jets can't get off the field, this somehow reflects on the Jet offense?

I don't buy it. The personnel is slow, they can't sneeze on the qb, and other teams toy with the defense, using its own aggression against it.

This is a teamwide problem.

If the Jets offense scored more points, the defense would give up more points.

Offenses have no reason at all to run up the score against the Jets because they know we cannot score.

This defense was going to be average at best with Revis, is now going to be below average.

Zero pressure on QB's.

Zero ability to stop the run

Zero ability to cover a TE.

And if a team has a quick slot guy we are going to be screwed.

This defense is a sham considering it has gotten a huge majority of the attention since Rex got here.

What was so pitiful Sunday that it could almost make one laugh through the tears was what was going on in this house here. A few series before Sanchez threw that pick (that was miraculously saved from being a pick six by Powell and Kerley), I was sitting there watching the game with the wife when I said something to the effect like: "well we're just about due for Sanchez to throw that pick six and once again ruin the Jets shot at winning this game". Don't you know that maybe 5 minutes later it happened. Now I don't care if the ball was tipped or not the point is that we all knew it was coming. Since last season Mark Sanchez has been spotting every opponent more than 7 points a game. When will the madness end? When will Rex have the balls to bench him? We all know that this team is afraid to give up on any draft pick regardless of how horrible he is. It shocked me to see #62 Vlad DuCasse being the guard on that tipped ball as his man was the one who took two steps back and threw up his hands to cause the INT...This team has no balls man I swear I WISH we had a real General Manager who would outright CUT players who have no business whatsoever being on a professional football field in the first place-guys like DuCasse and, for all those years Vern Gholston. This organization is too afraid to admit failure and it ends up costing this team.

\So, when on the first drive of the game, when the Texans are gashing the Jets for huge chunks of yards on the ground, and teh jets can't get off the field, this somehow reflects on the Jet offense?

I don't buy it. The personnel is slow, they can't sneeze on the qb, and other teams toy with the defense, using its own aggression against it.

This is a teamwide problem.

That's an interesting, but baseless theory because the Jets D is actually consistent in failing to stop the run and 3rd down in the 1st quarter as they are in the 4th. Plus, you say "points points points" matter, but the Jets D is 22nd in points allowed, worst in the Rex Jets era.

So, really, what are you talking about?

I wouldnt say its baseless aye i agree the jets arnt playing elite defense like weve known i think their lbs are to slow and suck lol (22nd isnt 31st tho and look at the first half of the the 49ers then the second). But what i think your all missing is a QB that leads his offense to 7 points net and constantly turns the ball over and misses receivers is the biggest problem on the team simple as that. there is a reason QBs are the face off the league/team. Replacing one guy is a lot easier then replacing the entire defense.

If they really are going to insert multiple QBs (which is assi*******nine) then they need to get it down, instead of looking

like its the first time they have done it..

Exactly dude....am I the only one that was NOT impressed with the Texans!...To be honest we should have rolled on that team big time.

Exactly dude....am I the only one that was NOT impressed with the Texans!...To be honest we should have rolled on that team big time.

im chalcking that up to them being undefeated and due for a let down game i seriously think we should have beaten them ... our offense is seriously just a lost cause at this point without any major changes being made.

im chalcking that up to them being undefeated and due for a let down game i seriously think we should have beaten them ... our offense is seriously just a lost cause at this point without any major changes being made.

We have a chance to salvage our season this week. We need a win against the Colts no ands if or buts. Rex needs to get his ass in gear, get his players ready to play.....

I wouldnt say its baseless aye i agree the jets arnt playing elite defense like weve known i think their lbs are to slow and suck lol (22nd isnt 31st tho and look at the first half of the the 49ers then the second). But what i think your all missing is a QB that leads his offense to 7 points net and constantly turns the ball over and misses receivers is the biggest problem on the team simple as that. there is a reason QBs are the face off the league/team. Replacing one guy is a lot easier then replacing the entire defense.

And, if this fanbase gets lulled into believing that this is a ONE player problem, the other problems are going to continue, and real progress will not be made.

Does anyone else see a problem with the Head Coach that says the team will be :

1, Ground and pound

2. Ferocious on defense

How is that working out?

Is he watching the rest of the NFL? Does he understand what works today? Maybe this is in some kind of homage to his daddy, but Rex does not seem to be in tune to reality.

And even worse, the GM can not equip the roster to support those types of outdated methods. And the coach can not coach to those means.

It is quite comical. Even more comical is the fanbase that thinks it is soley a QB problem

Yes! "TeBlow" stuck! But yeah It is just wrong to post his numbers and say Sanchez sucks. He is NOT the QB I thought he could be....not here anyway. I misjudged YET ANOTHER player, no big deal. But now this is just a witch hunt. lmao If we want to talk about anyone SUCKING with a capital S, it is that joke, teblow. And because of him it is Sanchez or Just end the season.

But if you think that it's simply a non-factor to get 2 yards a carry from a back that can't catch, no RB that can run a screen. No TE that needs any special attention from anyone. NO WR that would start on any team in the league......and Teblow coming in to randomly lose a down and 3 yards....lmao then, seriously it's obvious we're talking about an agenda.....In the media it's clearly the teblow joke that they want to milk before he is old news. Here I suppose it's either that they hated him coming in, he blew a fantasy year for someone or maybe just to be right....OR the biggest tendancy we Jet fans have....to create a scapegoat! We love that. Last year it was Schotty, before that Mangini, Pennington....etc. It's normal actually. We just can not accept that we have a rotten organization, from the very top. We are 9 million dollars under the ****ing cap!!!! Explain that. Every Fa we have gotten since Tannybum has been from the bargain bin, every one!

Laron Landry--- Injury plagued. Cheap!

Plaxico Burress-- just did a two year bid. He'll sign anything!!

Santonio Holmes- Good player. Horrible attitude. Just give us a fourth rounder and buy us a six pack.

Schilens-- underacheives. Injuries. Get him cheap.

Braylon Edwards-- Just get him out of Cleveland, please!

Look at their mentality!

NO first round QB has ever gotten the shaft this bad, and that's saying a lot. The amount of drops and tips and slips and falls have been ridiculous. And let's not forget the fact: We were driving to take the lead in the fourth and Cumberland treated a first down pass like Misty May setting up her partner for a spike!! lmao Seriously, it wasn't even questionable. It HAD to be caught! That was 100% on Cumberland.

So, how could you not take that into account and remain credible? Any other QB in the league would be getting sympathy cards from fans and media if they had to deal with this crap. Imagine if all the Giants featured was Amhad Bradshaw and he was getting 2 yards a clip and couldn't catch, had no TEs and his top 2 WRs were out and he was throwing to guys who werent on the roster two weeks ago AND he was driving the ball in the fourth only to have the ball alley ooped off of his TEs hands, turning a would-be first down to an INT!

ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME?? lol What do you think the headline would be today?? Eli's INTs stall Giants comeback hopes? lol My ass. It would be: Frustrated Eli Gets No Help from Gints Rag-tag Squad. lmao All you would hear about is how Eli needs help! It's a joke.

So, let's try to stay rational.

And on top of that, his D-lineman were gassed by the fourth quarter. (Dont even get started with that D-line full of busts!! They suck!)

Sanchez is NOT the guy. He has been broken. He is AJ Burnett. He is the reincarnation of Richard Todd.......but it's not just him. This is JetsNation. This is so much more than some QB from USC. We have to stop letting this organization off the hook firing/trading/cutting scapegoats. We canned Schotty. Is this guy really an upgrade? I guess if we just had Soprano and a good QB we'd be fine, right?

haha It's a shame that in ****ing New York, we can't get a decent owner. Someone who actually gives a sh*t.

Feel Better? wow, I THINK I agree...lol

This thread is about Sanchez sucking. If you want to discuss the defense or RBs you can do it in another thread.

He had time to throw and open receivers and even got a free TD from McKnight on specials.

Sanchez sucks.

So then should we start a "Jets suck more then Sanchez, its not all his fault" thread? Will we will be able to counter your AGENDA there?

And, if this fanbase gets lulled into believing that this is a ONE player problem, the other problems are going to continue, and real progress will not be made.

1, Ground and pound

2. Ferocious on defense

How is that working out?

Is he watching the rest of the NFL? Does he understand what works today? Maybe this is in some kind of homage to his daddy, but Rex does not seem to be in tune to reality.

And even worse, the GM can not equip the roster to support those types of outdated methods. And the coach can not coach to those means.

It is quite comical. Even more comical is the fanbase that thinks it is soley a QB problem

When you hear "ground and pound" it's like some Ford showroom salesman in 1962 trying to sell you and Edsel. Ryan isnvested in an NFL that no longer exists. You have to be able to pass effectively. If you can't you aren't going to score enough to win. A decent QB can make up for a wealth of weaknesses elsewhere. And when you can pass you don't need a 16-play 7 first down drive to score. The more plays you ahve to ro run to get near tht end zone the better odds something will go bad. But double that when your QB blows.

At some point of time somebody has to explain the assumption that Edwards would have got injured at the exact same time and in the exact same manner here in New York like he was in San Francisco and hence unable to play for most of the season if he was still with the New York JETS.

And the answer has to be more than 'destiny' or 'karma'.

I can explain and I have explained it. It's irrelevant. Even if Edwards didn't get hurt, he looked done. Maybe you should explain why you think he was going to have a 1,000 yard season if he didn't get hurt. He was a late addition because most teams weren't interested. He started more than 1/2 the season and ended up with 15 for 181. This year he has 5 for 63 through 5 games. No TDs in either season. Nobody gives a **** about destiny or karma, just that the guy isn't that good and is a headcase to boot.

So then should we start a "Jets suck more then Sanchez, its not all his fault" thread? Will we will be able to counter your AGENDA there?

lol

First, Sanchez is clearly the #1 problem on the Jets. That they have other problems does not absolve him from being the NFL's worst QB. No team can be a winner with a QB this bad. He leaves gobs of points on the board and, as though that wasn't awful enough, actually spots points for our opponents with regularity.

Second, look who's talking about an agenda there cutie pie. we're still waiting for you to post the links to all those times when, Sanchez took the blame for everything that went wrong.

You've been following football for a while now. In your entire life have you ever seen or heard of a QB, in a post-game press conference, blame his teammates for his multiple batted/tipped passes? One of them resulted in a 10-point swing and we lost by 6, so effectively Sanchez blamed his teammates for the loss and absolved himself. As though that wasn't enough, Cromartie had his man beat for an easy TD. Sanchez unnecessarily threw it out of bounds and short because he sucks, and then essentially blamed Cromartie on the play after the game by suggesting it was only possible to improve on the pass he threw if its trajectory was altered by "maybe a hair" like the snot-nosed a-hole he is.

This is what you mean by Sanchez taking the blame? He flat-out blamed everyone except himself and can't believe his teammates didn't pick up on it. So you got your wish that he blamed everyone else like we see all great team leaders do.

First, Sanchez is clearly the #1 problem on the Jets.

Woody and Tannenbaum are far bigger problems. You cant just switch owners. You can switch QB's.

And even if Peyton had his head up his ass and decided to come here, this team would still suck. Problems are far deeper than the QB.

lol

First, Sanchez is clearly the #1 problem on the Jets. That they have other problems does not absolve him from being the NFL's worst QB. No team can be a winner with a QB this bad. He leaves gobs of points on the board and, as though that wasn't awful enough, actually spots points for our opponents with regularity.

Second, look who's talking about an agenda there cutie pie. we're still waiting for you to post the links to all those times when, Sanchez took the blame for everything that went wrong.

You've been following football for a while now. In your entire life have you ever seen or heard of a QB, in a post-game press conference, blame his teammates for his multiple batted/tipped passes? One of them resulted in a 10-point swing and we lost by 6, so effectively Sanchez blamed his teammates for the loss and absolved himself. As though that wasn't enough, Cromartie had his man beat for an easy TD. Sanchez unnecessarily threw it out of bounds and short because he sucks, and then essentially blamed Cromartie on the play after the game by suggesting it was only possible to improve on the pass he threw if its trajectory was altered by "maybe a hair" like the snot-nosed a-hole he is.

This is what you mean by Sanchez taking the blame? He flat-out blamed everyone except himself and can't believe his teammates didn't pick up on it. So you got your wish that he blamed everyone else like we see all great team leaders do.

Wow, your level of cluelessness continues to amaze me.

It's amazing to read your posts, and think that you actually believe the stuff you write.

Woody and Tannenbaum are far bigger problems. You cant just switch owners. You can switch QB's.

And even if Peyton had his head up his ass and decided to come here, this team would still suck. Problems are far deeper than the QB.

No. Sanchez would be a bad QB if Woody and Tannenbaum were your favorites.

The biggest problem on the field for us is Sanchez. The reason he's going to continue being the biggest problem on the field for us is Woody and Tannenbaum.

No. Sanchez would be a bad QB if Woody and Tannenbaum were your favorites.

The biggest problem on the field for us is Sanchez. The reason he's going to continue being the biggest problem on the field for us is Woody and Tannenbaum.

Hence the reason Sanchez isnt the biggest problem with this franchise.

On paper, even outside the QB- this is the worst roster in football.

Wow, your level of cluelessness continues to amaze me.

It's amazing to read your posts, and think that you actually believe the stuff you write.

his analysis was spot on i continue to be in disbelief that you actually watch football and or have any idea how football works and continue to think sanchez is good.

When were 3-13 you'll believe me.

Not possible against this schedule. It's far more likely we make the playoffs than it is that we go 1-11. We can beat Indy. We'll beat Jacksonville and Tennessee. We can beat Buffalo and Miami. And you know we'll win at least one of the games we're not supposed to, because this is the NFL and that kind of thing happens.

We almost pulled off a win we weren't supposed to be close to winning on Monday night if not for horrible QB play.

1, Ground and pound

2. Ferocious on defense

How is that working out?

so the reason our QB is bad is because rex wants to run and our defense isnt dominant? We throw just as much as every other team in the NFL saying its ground and pound doesnt change that.

Archived