Sanchez sucks.

Sperm Edwards

Like I said yesterday, every team that looks at their schedule and see's "Jets" sharpies in a W next to it.

You're telling me the Jaguars, with one of the worst defenses in the league and Blaine Gabbert at QB, is counting ANYONE as an automatic win?

The Jaguars couldn't beat some NCAA teams out there. Same goes true for Tennessee.

We also hung 48 on Buffalo. 48! We've only scored 50 TOTAL since that game. That's a highly winnable game in round 2 even without Revis and Holmes.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're telling me the Jaguars, with one of the worst defenses in the league and Blaine Gabbert at QB, is counting ANYONE as an automatic win?

The Jaguars couldn't beat some NCAA teams out there. Same goes true for Tennessee.

The Jacksonville game could go either way. Two awful football teams with awful QB's. However we cant stop the run and they have the best football player on either team in MJD.

Jets Jaguars. Cant wait!

We also hung 48 on Buffalo. 48! We've only scored 50 TOTAL since that game. That's a highly winnable game in round 2 even without Revis and Holmes.

Jets offense scored 34 week 1 no?

The Jacksonville game could go either way. Two awful football teams with awful QB's. However we cant stop the run and they have the best football player on either team in MJD.

Jets Jaguars. Cant wait!

Having MJD has done almost nothing for Jacksonville's success. Just like Foster's 150+ yards on us didn't prevent us from being in the game against Houston.

Having MJD has done almost nothing for Jacksonville's success. Just like Foster's 150+ yards on us didn't prevent us from being in the game against Houston.

You really enjoy derailing threads.

I hate to even use this card, but if you dont think Foster pounding the Jets wasnt a big reason they won, you've obviously never played a down of tackle football before.

All of the top teams in football this year have been able to run the football.

No. Sanchez would be a bad QB if Woody and Tannenbaum were your favorites.

The biggest problem on the field for us is Sanchez. The reason he's going to continue being the biggest problem on the field for us is Woody and Tannenbaum.

The patient is suffering a stroke, and your cure is to chop off the pinky.

Look deeper

Tell me where I'm wrong.

Sanchez blamed his OL and blamed Cromartie.

Saying he blamed them 20 times does not make it true. I saw it on SNY and think you're overstating it. He said "we gotta find a way to keep the d-lines hands down". It wasn't nearly as inflammatory as you make it seem - which is evidenced by the fact there have been no headlines about it.

As far as the Cromartie pass he scoffed at who was asking the question, not the question itself. The reporter, I think it was Myers, asked the same question a few times seemingly trying to needle Mark. When some schlub reporter is busting your balls and asks "don't you think you could have lead him more" for the 3rd time, how do you want him to answer? It was a passive aggressive reply to a jerkoff question.

You fail to say that he blamed himself for the pass to Cumberland a couple times.

Mark has played poorly the last few games but that isn't a reason to try and launch a smear campaign. Especially given the fact there's a 90% chance he'll be the starter until 2014.

Saying he blamed them 20 times does not make it true. I saw it on SNY and think you're overstating it. He said "we gotta find a way to keep the d-lines hands down". It wasn't nearly as inflammatory as you make it seem - which is evidenced by the fact there have been no headlines about it.

As far as the Cromartie pass he scoffed at who was asking the question, not the question itself. The reporter, I think it was Myers, asked the same question a few times seemingly trying to needle Mark. When some schlub reporter is busting your balls and asks "don't you think you could have lead him more" for the 3rd time, how do you want him to answer? It was a passive aggressive reply to a jerkoff question.

You fail to say that he blamed himself for the pass to Cumberland a couple times.

Mark has played poorly the last few games but that isn't a reason to try and launch a smear campaign. Especially given the fact there's a 90% chance he'll be the starter until 2014.

i didnt see it on tv about the cro question but how did he answer the first 2 times then? When asked about it I would have liked him to tell the truth and say i missed him.

And even if Peyton had his head up his ass and decided to come here, this team would still suck. Problems are far deeper than the QB.

Disagree. I think the degree to which Sanchez has moped his way through two years of sh*tty play, with Rex pandering to him the whole way, has poisoned the locker room. They play like they expect to lose now.

I wouldnt say its baseless aye i agree the jets arnt playing elite defense like weve known i think their lbs are to slow and suck lol (22nd isnt 31st tho and look at the first half of the the 49ers then the second). But what i think your all missing is a QB that leads his offense to 7 points net and constantly turns the ball over and misses receivers is the biggest problem on the team simple as that. there is a reason QBs are the face off the league/team. Replacing one guy is a lot easier then replacing the entire defense.

I think you're missing the point that I have repeatedly said that Sanchez suck, but his suckage has absolutely nothing to do with the D suckage.

The Jets D sucks against the run and on 3rd down BEFORE Sanchez even takes the field. You mentioned the 1st half of the Niners game, but guess what? If Alex Smith didn't miss two first half bombs to wide open receivers the game would have been an early blow out. The Jets couldn't stop the run early in that game, couldn't get off the field on 3rd down, and were lucky that Smith missed on the bombs. That had absolutely nothing to do with Sanchez.

This is what Sucks on a mutually exclusive basis:

QB

RB

Run D

3rd Down D

I did not include the WRs because of health issues. The above 4 categories suck completely healthy

You really enjoy derailing threads.

I hate to even use this card, but if you dont think Foster pounding the Jets wasnt a big reason they won, you've obviously never played a down of tackle football before.

All of the top teams in football this year have been able to run the football.

I'm not denying he played a big factor. But he isn't their only weapon. MJD is Jacksonville's ONLY weapon. Therefore I think we'll beat Jacksonville handily, whereas Houston only beat us by 6.

The reason that we have to throw so much, is the preferred mode of moving the ball is not working.

Correct. And the guys making personnel decisions for this team couldnt see that coming. That's the biggest problem.

I could have told you 3 years ago Greene was terrible and Damien Woody was awesome.

Disagree. I think the degree to which Sanchez has moped his way through two years of sh*tty play, with Rex pandering to him the whole way, has poisoned the locker room. They play like they expect to lose now.

That's a bunch of T0mShanesque drivel. Get real. Sanchez moping "poisoned the locker room"? Where do you get this sh*t?

Sanchez sucks. He couldn't poison a lockerroom with the likes of Santonio Holmes and Plax if he had a cannister of cianide.

As to Peyton, the guy is hurt. If completely healthy he most certainly would improve the Jets now because, like all truly elite QBs, he can mask sucky teammates.

I think you're missing the point that I have repeatedly said that Sanchez suck, but his suckage has absolutely nothing to do with the D suckage.

The Jets D sucks against the run and on 3rd down BEFORE Sanchez even takes the field. You mentioned the 1st half of the Niners game, but guess what? If Alex Smith didn't miss two first half bombs to wide open receivers the game would have been an early blow out. The Jets couldn't stop the run early in that game, couldn't get off the field on 3rd down, and were lucky that Smith missed on the bombs. That had absolutely nothing to do with Sanchez.

This is what Sucks on a mutually exclusive basis:

QB

RB

Run D

3rd Down D

I did not include the WRs because of health issues. The above 4 categories suck completely healthy

yea well the bombs did have to do with our best defensive player being hurt but yea besides the point if they caught those we screwed.

We need to improve in those areas yea but dont you think the biggest problem is our offense? We are atleast mediocre in those other areas while our offense could be the worst in the league.

That's a bunch of T0mShanesque drivel. Get real. Sanchez moping "poisoned the locker room"? Where do you get this sh*t?

Sanchez sucks. He couldn't poison a lockerroom with the likes of Santonio Holmes and Plax if he had a cannister of cianide.

As to Peyton, the guy is hurt. If completely healthy he most certainly would improve the Jets now because, like all truly elite QBs, he can mask sucky teammates.

Agreed. Even if we did get Peyton, we'd have him for what 4 years tops? The talent would still stink around him

Denver isnt winning the Super Bowl this year either...and they actually have guys who can make plays and rush the QB.

Rex's handling of Sanchez's moping is what's poisoning the team. Big distinction. If you're going to remove any and every shred of accountability from the guy who is single-handedly costing the team wins, there's going to be resentment, followed by a tuning out. That's what happened last year, and that's what you're seeing on the field now. It's telling that when Sanchez was getting tortured by Holmes and Placico last year, the only guy who stood up for him was Wayne Hunter, and that guy's gone.

yea well the bombs did have to do with our best defensive player being hurt but yea besides the point if they caught those we screwed.

We need to improve in those areas yea but dont you think the biggest problem is our offense? We are atleast mediocre in those other areas while our offense could be the worst in the league.

Yes, the passing offense is ultimately the biggest problem because in today's NFL, a team needs a very strong passing offense to compete. BUT, the reason I put the passing offense behind the rush offense and D is specific to Rex's plan to make the team ground & pound with stout defense. You can't build your team around such a philosphy and suck at running the ball and have a crappy D.

Put it another way, let's say rather than Rex, the Jets had hired Mike Martz as HC and he proclaimed that the Jets would be "The New Greatest Show on Turf," but ended up with the offense the Jets have now. I would then say that the O is above and beyond the most pressing concern.

It's a matter of philosophy and how you build a team. The Niners actually have the same philosophy as the Jets in ground & pound with stout defense. Guess what happened? The Niners do both AND Alex Smith is actually playing well. The same Alex Smith that was a 1st round bust and had a QB rating of 57 in his 3rd yr in the league.

i didnt see it on tv about the cro question but how did he answer the first 2 times then? When asked about it I would have liked him to tell the truth and say i missed him.

something along the lines of "We almost had it and it just happen".. not the answer I was looking for either but he only got defensive when the reporter kept needling him.

well the box gets stacked. Again its a throwing league now. We throw a lot like every other team except our passing ends up being one of the worst in the league which falls squarely on the QB.

So I assume you would grade the qb on this team with an F. Please tell me how you would grade:

-Talent acquisition over the last 5 years

-Fitting talent into schemes

-Player development by the coaching staff

-Offensive scheming

-Defensive scheming

-General club direction

I would be curious

Rex's handling of Sanchez's moping is what's poisoning the team. Big distinction. If you're going to remove any and every shred of accountability from the guy who is single-handedly costing the team wins, there's going to be resentment, followed by a tuning out. That's what happened last year, and that's what you're seeing on the field now. It's telling that when Sanchez was getting tortured by Holmes and Placico last year, the only guy who stood up for him was Wayne Hunter, and that guy's gone.

Moore stood up for him too. Actually, those guys didn't stand up for him, they stood up to Holmes.

Yes, the passing offense is ultimately the biggest problem because in today's NFL, a team needs a very strong passing offense to compete. BUT, the reason I put the passing offense behind the rush offense and D is specific to Rex's plan to make the team ground & pound with stout defense. You can't build your team around such a philosphy and suck at running the ball and have a crappy D.

Put it another way, let's say rather than Rex, the Jets had hired Mike Martz as HC and he proclaimed that the Jets would be "The New Greatest Show on Turf," but ended up with the offense the Jets have now. I would then say that the O is above and beyond the most pressing concern.

It's a matter of philosophy and how you build a team. The Niners actually have the same philosophy as the Jets in ground & pound with stout defense. Guess what happened? The Niners do both AND Alex Smith is actually playing well. The same Alex Smith that was a 1st round bust and had a QB rating of 57 in his 3rd yr in the league.

I understand where your coming from but I dont believe that just because rex says something means its gonna be that way. We have drafted much like every other team in the NFL we didnt pass up some guys to get a player who fits ground and pound so i dont think we are "built" in the literal sense like a ground and pound team.

As for smith being like sanchez

1: everyone says that if the 49ers had a better QB they would be unstoppable.

2: smith is a perfect ball protector and completes many passes now / doesnt turn the ball over which i dont see with sanchez.

3: I was a little young to see this stuff but I dont remember but Smith seemed like a football lifer while sanchez loves the modeling / shows and lifestyle of NY

So I assume you would grade the qb on this team with an F. Please tell me how you would grade:

-Talent acquisition over the last 5 years

-Fitting talent into schemes

-Player development by the coaching staff

-Offensive scheming

-Defensive scheming

-General club direction

I would be curious

C (some ok talent no real superstar / heck we missed badly with sanchez even)

B ( I think our talent was good on defense past couple years/ offense was good enough just didnt have a QB to be a playmaker)

B- (Wrs meh kerley looks good and hill looks to be a solid starter eventually / D line average starters which is kinda what u get from mid round picks )

B- (new offensive coordinator now and i kinda like what hes doing players are getting open in passing game. We could use a better run blocking scheme)

A- (our players are in position to make plays but are missing the tackles. Upgrade the line backers and we will look really good on D)

F (An F because we need to go into rebuilding mode)

Archived