Sanchez sucks.

Sperm Edwards

Kerley has a punt return for a TD and how many receptions over 30 yards this season?

McKnight has a kick off return for a TD and a 74 yard scamper.

Cumberland caught an acrobatic 51 yard TD.

Tebow has 3, 4th down conversions on fake punts.

Cro has a pick six, had 2 called back, 1 completely bogus and he pretty much had a walk in TD if it werent for his sh*tty QB.

Hill certainly looks like he's got play making ability

Landry has a pick 6 and lays wood like no other.

Holmes was on his way to a spectacular season and pretty much is the reason why the Jets won in Miami.

Yet, the Jets have no play makers.

<3 JN.

WOW now your claiming the Jets have playmakers ?? Yeah those 3 or 4 big plays on offense are right up there with the big boys. Joe Mcknights 60 yard run through a hole the size of a mack truck was about the only big run this team has had in years. Cumberlands one catch that hit him in the hands was also a sign of complete greatness And your buddy Holmes who had one good game was all of a sudden on his way to a spectacular season becuse, you know, hes so freakin consistent. Give it up man, gotta love Jets fans

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wait arent these 2 statements taboo around here :)

But hey we all know the 2 AFCCG's and the reason we got there was ONLY about the defense. You know the same defense that sh*t the bed in both games getting Gashed by the steelers running game and Gashed by Peyton Manning who the Patriots used to shut down on a regular basis in the playoffs.

Oh you mean those games where the offense failed to produce any 2nd half points and when our QB fumbled for a TD right before the half after producing a whopping 3 pts? Are you talking about those games?

I'm starting to think your that dudes dog. It would make a ton of sense.

WOW now your claiming the Jets have playmakers ?? Yeah those 3 or 4 big plays on offense are right up there with the big boys. Joe Mcknights 60 yard run through a hole the size of a mack truck was about the only big run this team has had in years. Cumberlands one catch that hit him in the hands was also a sign of complete greatness And your buddy Holmes who had one good game was all of a sudden on his way to a spectacular season becuse, you know, hes so freakin consistent. Give it up man, gotta love Jets fans

Those plays dont count because you said so. My bad.

Carry on with your very level headed opinion.

Those plays dont count because you said so. My bad.

Carry on with your very level headed opinion.

hey since Johnny Lam Jones amde a few great plays and Blair Thomas had a few nice runs I guess they would be on your list of play makers as well. Hell in Browning Nagles first career game he lit up the atlanta Falcons I guess he should be on your all time potential play makers list as well.

hey since Johnny Lam Jones amde a few great plays and Blair Thomas had a few nice runs I guess they would be on your list of play makers as well. Hell in Browning Nagles first career game he lit up the atlanta Falcons I guess he should be on your all time potential play makers list as well.

:indifferent0023:

Dude you laugh and make jokes but your giving examples of one play here or there and claiming said player is a playamaker ? Jeff Cumberland a play maker ? Really ? come on man

Ummmm....no. Cumberland was the only example I gave that made 1 play, and he has made other plays where he broke tackles to pick up first downs. The rest, made numerous plays but I know, they dont count because you said so.

Its hard to makes plays when your QB cant put you in position to you know, make the play.

Ummmm....no. Cumberland was the only example I gave that made 1 play, and he has made other plays where he broke tackles to pick up first downs. The rest, made numerous plays but I know, they dont count because you said so.

Its hard to makes plays when your QB cant put you in position to you know, make the play.

Dude you laugh and make jokes but your giving examples of one play here or there and claiming said player is a playamaker ? Jeff Cumberland a play maker ? Really ? come on man

I hear holmes / kerley / cromartie have been wide open and coulda been "playmakers" i wonder what went wrong. Were they too open?

here is what you are failing to see, even though we have a horrible scouting dept., and most people want Tanny and the scouts gone, the scouting dept is actually amazing when it comes to offensive skill position players.

The problem is on the defensive side when it comes to scouting, oh, and QB too.

If the Jets would start Mcelroy, Tebow, or had been lucky enough to draft Andy Dalton, here is what would happen overnight:

Hill = Megatron right now

Clyde Gates = Larry Fitzgerald

Kerley = Victor Cruz

Shonne Greene = Adrian Peterson

Cumberland = Gronk

The problem is Sanchez is holding back these HOF'ers from reaching their true potential, all while Tanny and the scouting dept is holding Rex back from having the best defense in football.

You really need to keep up with the level headed thinking going on here.

BG you said specifically Reggie Wayne was a nobody, all I did was prove you wrong then you twist it here talking about Keller and Braylon who will never even sniff the HOF which was why Wayne was brought up in the first place. If Braylon (who I do happen to like) put up HOF numbers on a previous team I would agree the blame should go on a QB that could not get him the football. Only problem is Sanchez did very well with Braylon espeically in the playoffs and the Idiot Jets decided Holmes was the better answer just as Sanchez and Braylon stated to really build a nice chemistry. Typical stupid Jets move.

Wow, you are so full of sh*t. You want to talk about twisting words? I made it extraordinarily clear I was speaking about the fact that Wayne didn't do much of anything his first few years in the league and then as soon as he becomes one of Peyton's starting WRs. Yet we're supposed to believe this is all one big coincidence? Oh yes, but I forgot, Wayne was drafted in the first round to be a HOF WR while Keller and Braylon were drafted in the first round to suck ass. Do you even read the nonsense that you write? The point being, if Wayne had to spend his entire career playing with a dogsh*t QB the likes of Sanchez, you would never even come close to referring to him as a HOF talent. His entire career would have looked no different than those first few years in the league, when he was simply an afterthought in the Colts offense. You want proof of that? Just look at the massive change in his production has year compared to his prior years with Peyton and this year with Luck.

In the case of Peyton Manning and the Colts he basicly ran the entire offense and called all the plays. Moore was gone the previous year and their new OC stepped in and Manning ran the show. When the Colts signed Collins 2 weeks before the season started the wrting was on the wall he was the sacrificial lamb. Trying to step into a system in total disarray with an OC who was probably not up to speed with 2 weeks to prepare is too much to ask of any QB and it unraveled pretty quickly. And yes my point makes total sense when you have an established offense with 4 pro bowlers at the skill position's who were together for years it is much easier for one player to step in and be successful.

Except for the fact that none of those guys did dick without having Manning throwing them the ball, which pretty much disproves your entire argument.

I never said White's improved play had nothing to do with the QB because it did. But if your going to tell me Joey Harrington was a good QB I'll laugh in your face and just so your aware Roddy White had 1200 receiving yards and 6 TD's with Harrington and Chris Redman at QB . So once again your making up stories to support your arguement on a specific subject. Roddy White was certainly not viewed as a bust .

You're right, I never once acknowledged the fact that White's first good season came before Ryan came to the Falcons. Oh wait, a second... I did? Yeah, I did. Once again, you have proven absolutely nothing, but rather provide an endless stream of excuses as to why everything that proves you wrong doesn't count.

BG I dont even want to get into a direct comparision of the 2 players but lets face it Brady was not burning up the league his first 4 years yet they won 3 SB's because of the Defense all the Jets fans though we had the first 2 years of Rex's Tenure. Difference between the Pats defense and the Jets defense was they stepped it up when their offense was doing nothing and they did it on a regular basis. When Sanchez took our Jets to a 17-6 lead vs the Manning led Colts if we had that Patriot defense we would have went to the SB Instead our coach got conservative on offense and our defense could not stop Manning for the rest of the game. of course somehow Sanchez haters blame Sanchez its just too easy. Int the Pittsburgh AFCCG I certainly put some blame on Sanchez getting blind sided strip sacked but he was bringing the team back and when the Jets needed the big stop at the end of the game they failed as usual. Sanchez was Shredding the Steelers the entire second half and if not for some idiot goalline calls by Shoddy and no sense of urgency on our last drive with 8 minutes left in the game when we should have been in hurry up mode down by 2 scores was more testament Shoddy was an idiot and Rex closely behind him not pushing the issue.

Are you serious with this? The defense? THE DEFENSE?!? You're seriously trying to cite the defense as the reason for Brady being a QB who is world's better than Sanchez? Congratulations, you have officially lost any slight bit of credibility you had left when discussing the QB position. What a complete joke.

Just so your aware BG and I'll say this for the 50th time. I do not think Sanchez is playing good at all but Ive seen enough to see he does have the talent its just been inconsistent because quite honestly the entire offense is inconsistent. How many times do we have to see players lined up wrong and Sanchez correcting them ? How many times do we have to see WR's run lazy routes and not fight for the football ? How many times do we have to see WR's make the wrong cut ? You make the case that just because Sanchez missed a few wide open deep balls that he sucks the problem with that arguement is every QB in the NFL has a low percentage on deep balls you see a guy like Rodgers connect on a ton of them in the highlights but do you actully watch him play every week and see the ones he misses on ? Do you think Sanchez has even close to the same amount of deep throws as a Rodgers does ? The fact is Sanchez ha connected on some nice deep balls and he has missed a few but I guess being a Jets fan you feel every deep ball should be completed.

I'm aware you're not saying that he is playing well, but what you are doing is giving an endless list of excuses as to why it's somehow by now means his fault whatsoever that even when his OL blocks and his WRs are wide open, he still sh*ts the bed far more often than any other starting QB in this league. Until you can admit to the fact that a player is the person first and foremost responsible for their own sh*tty play, any argument you try to make in Sanchez's favor really contains no value. What would you think if a person you worked with was an incompetent jackass who could never do a damn thing right, but pointed out how other people at the company sucked too, so it wasn't his fault? In your mind, does that make him eligible for a raise and a promotion? Or does that rule only apply to your love for Jets' QBs?

My arguement is and always has been that Sanchez makes too many mistakes and most of that comes from never finding an open receiver. I think he tries to extend plays and pays the price by not securing the football but thats his style. When your in the pocket scrambling the ball is always in a position you can easily go into a throwing motion. The only time you tuck the ball away is if your going to actully give up on the pass and run the football. ALL QB's in the NFL do this and they all get strip sacked and they all fumble. Its much easier to just dump the ball or throw it out of bounds when you run a prolific offense but when you run an offense like the Jets maybe you try to do a little too much . This is not an excuse this is what I think Sanchez is actully doing and he has to do it more than all the QB's in the league because the talent around him is just not getting their job done.

LOL. An entire paragraph full of excuses followed by "this is not an excuse", doesn't make it not an excuse. Consider that you just said that Sanchez HAS to screw up more than any other QB in the league, and it's everyone else's fault on offense. You can't make this kind of sh*t up, it's comic gold.

I think the loss of Holmes is actully going to help this offense for many reasons but Im not going to get into that I think you know where Im coming from with this statement lets see how it goes the rest of the season. But with that being said you cant dispute the FACT that this offense has no real threat out of the back field to consistently catch passes and hovering around 100 total catches (probably more now) for the ENTIRE receiving corp. is not what anyone would consider even decent talent.

Ignoring for a moment your emphasizing something as a "FACT" that is inherently a subjective evaluation, the point once again remains that there is now, and always will be a direct correlation to the statistical achievements of skill position players and the quality of the QB that they play with. Numerous examples have been given to you throughout this thread and while you take it upon yourself to dismiss them, you're the one who has failed to give a simple example to the contrary. Outside of a very, very select few all-world type talents like Calvin Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald, when exactly do you see WRs having great success despite crappy QB play? You can't deny that pretty much every WR that has walked out of New England has been a miserable failure afterward. Similarly, we saw the man you dub as a future HOFer, Reggie Wayne, put up his worst season in ages without Manning. The point being, if your entire means of evaluation is statistics, your entire argument is inherently flawed as those statistics do not exist in a vaccum and the argument can easily be made that they have plenty to do with Sanchez's own poor play. The fact that the Jets #1 WR these past two (or three) years was remarkably more successful with his old team only further supports that.

wait arent these 2 statements taboo around here :)

But hey we all know the 2 AFCCG's and the reason we got there was ONLY about the defense. You know the same defense that sh*t the bed in both games getting Gashed by the steelers running game and Gashed by Peyton Manning who the Patriots used to shut down on a regular basis in the playoffs.

No, of course not. It was all the offense, everyone knows that. It was that damn defense that was solely responsible for costing them those championship games. I can't believe the defense didn't score any points in the second half against the Colts and 3 points in the first half against the Steelers. THAT DAMN DEFENSE!!!

Hill = Megatron right now

Clyde Gates = Larry Fitzgerald

Kerley = Victor Cruz

Shonne Greene = Adrian Peterson

Cumberland = Gronk

The problem is Sanchez is holding back these HOF'ers from reaching their true potential, all while Tanny and the scouting dept is holding Rex back from having the best defense in football.

It would be amazing if any GM could assemble an offense like that under today's salary cap rules. Couldn't last long because of cap issues, but it would be amazing while it did.

Once again, you cannot compare offenses when we have a crappy qb leading them. When the heart of your offense sucks, everything else generally suffers to. Besides, you have no idea what stats Santonio and Hill would be putting up with a decent qb.

Kerley has a punt return for a TD and how many receptions over 30 yards this season?

McKnight has a kick off return for a TD and a 74 yard scamper.

Cumberland caught an acrobatic 51 yard TD.

Tebow has 3, 4th down conversions on fake punts.

Cro has a pick six, had 2 called back, 1 completely bogus and he pretty much had a walk in TD if it werent for his sh*tty QB.

Hill certainly looks like he's got play making ability

Landry has a pick 6 and lays wood like no other.

Holmes was on his way to a spectacular season and pretty much is the reason why the Jets won in Miami.

Yet, the Jets have no play makers.

<3 JN.

You just found the one poster you can pwn. I was wondering how long it'd take you to sniff that out, Lassie!

From ESPN:

"Mark Sanchez ranks third in the AFC in average throw distance, has two touchdowns with no interceptions and has a better completion percentage on the deep ball than Robert Griffin III, Aaron Rodgers and Matt Ryan, who all rank Top five in the NFL in total completion percentage. "

wait so he must be even worse then i thought. Cant complete a short pass.

It means that some people still disagree, which is completely mind-blowing.

No, it's not that. All a more nuanced topic could create such a long thread. The disagreements are about the level of suckage and the causes behind the suckage. Maybe only 1 or two posters argue he doesn't suck, but that wouldn't generate so many posts because the majority agree he sucks.

For instance, I agree that he sucks, but I disagree with some posters on how and why he sucks, just as I disagree with those who defend him who want to blame it on the supporting cast.

I also disagree with those who believe Sanchez inherently sucks, sucked out of college and will always suck. He was a good QB college prospect who with right coaching and proper development couldve been a good QB by this time and if in the future he gets good coaching he may in fact turn into a good QB like Gannon did later in his career.

Top 10 1st round QBs usually bust because they're dogs and have poor work ethics or get hurt. Thus far, that isn't the case with Sanchez.

Archived