Sanchez sucks.

Sperm Edwards

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, this guy details the four levels of suckage through the inverse method of describing

the "four levels of competency" .. of course, he has super powers, so no wonder.. . :)

http://www.heroicdestiny.com/do-you-know-the-4-levels-of-competency/501

I'd say Mark is somewhere between level 2 and 3, maybe.. with some sort of invisible barrier preventing him from taking the next step.

He was a good QB college prospect who with right coaching and proper development couldve been a good QB by this time and if in the future he gets good coaching he may in fact turn into a good QB like Gannon did later in his career.

The latter part I'll agree with; he could end up OK near the end of his career. The early part I have a problem with.

Just because a guy looks good throwing to wide open to receivers doesn't mean he's a really good QB prospect. USC QB's suck in the pros (with the possible exception of Palmer) because they have teams that are grossly more talented than the rest of FBS and look better than they are. Sanchez took advantage of a weak QB class and landed top 5 money. Doesn't make him some really good prospect that we ruined.

"we need changes!"

"we have no continuity!"

The only "changes" that the team needs is a healthy starting lineup.

Holmes, Hill, Kerly, and Keller were only on the field together for 13 snaps - all in the Buffalo game. Last week Mark finally had Hill and Keller back and played a solid, albeit unspectacular game.

You choose to think it's some coincidence he plays better with his starting options.. I choose to look at the reality of the situation.

The only "changes" that the team needs is a healthy starting lineup.

Holmes, Hill, Kerly, and Keller were only on the field together for 13 snaps - all in the Buffalo game. Last week Mark finally had Hill and Keller back and played a solid, albeit unspectacular game.

You choose to think it's some coincidence he plays better with his starting options.. I choose to look at the reality of the situation.

Coincidence? No. Largely related to the quality of opponent? Yup. If it were just about injuries, how do you explain away the years of ineptitude beforethis one?

Coincidence? No. Largely related to the quality of opponent? Yup. If it were just about injuries, how do you explain away the years of ineptitude beforethis one?

growing pains.

but I'm not as aghast at the 8-8 debacle of last year as many of you, and 11-5 and 9-7 don't necessarily qualify as inept in my book.

The latter part I'll agree with; he could end up OK near the end of his career. The early part I have a problem with.

Just because a guy looks good throwing to wide open to receivers doesn't mean he's a really good QB prospect. USC QB's suck in the pros (with the possible exception of Palmer) because they have teams that are grossly more talented than the rest of FBS and look better than they are. Sanchez took advantage of a weak QB class and landed top 5 money. Doesn't make him some really good prospect that we ruined.

As I mentioned to DB, I'm talking about how teams viewed him. Paid professionals who scout college players. They all gave him a 1st round grade. He was viewed as a good QB prospect and 1st round talent. We can hate on him and USC QBs all we want, but those are the facts. The professionals thought highly enough of him.

Teams are stupid.

LOL. That can certainly be true, but they get paid for their stupidity. They thought highly enough of him. It wasn't like there was an avalanche of negative scouting reports about him and Tanny/Brady/Clinkscale said, "screw that, we know better than everyone else!"

growing pains.

but I'm not as aghast at the 8-8 debacle of last year as many of you, and 11-5 and 9-7 don't necessarily qualify as inept in my book.

Schotty had the same record over that time. You must have been equally opposed to his dismal...

As I mentioned to DB, I'm talking about how teams viewed him. Paid professionals who scout college players. They all gave him a 1st round grade. He was viewed as a good QB prospect and 1st round talent. We can hate on him and USC QBs all we want, but those are the facts. The professionals thought highly enough of him.

Facts, plural? I'm struggling to find one.

Struggling how? The fact is that teams rated Sanchez highly enough to give him a first round grade. People want to ignore history now?

Following his junior year Brohm was the #1 prospect in the United States and Sanchez certainly wasn't higher than Brohm was after their respective junior years. Had Sanchez returned for his senior season, like Brohm, for all we know he would have been a marginal 2nd round prospect (or worse), instead of the extra year experience that would have allegedly made him better during his rookie NFL season.

Following his junior year Brohm was the #1 prospect in the United States and Sanchez certainly wasn't higher than Brohm was after their respective junior years. Had Sanchez returned for his senior season, like Brohm, for all we know he would have been a marginal 2nd round prospect (or worse), instead of the extra year experience that would have allegedly made him better during his rookie NFL season.

We all know this?

How do we know this?

What are you basing this opinion on oh wise one?

We all know this?

How do we know this?

What are you basing this opinion on oh wise one?

Immediately following their junior seasons, Brohm was the #1 prospect in the country. Sanchez wasn't even top-15 (let alone #1 or even top-5) until well into April of 2009.

Plenty of players' stocks drop during their senior seasons. From what I've seen of Sanchez he seems to have stood a good chance of being one of them. I'll give him credit for having had enough sense to come out when his stock was highest.

Immediately following their junior seasons, Brohm was the #1 prospect in the country. Sanchez wasn't even top-15 (let alone #1 or even top-5) until well into April of 2009.

Plenty of players' stocks drop during their senior seasons. From what I've seen of Sanchez he seems to have stood a good chance of being one of them. I'll give him credit for having had enough sense to come out when his stock was highest.

Translation:

I am throwing stupid crap out of my ass hoping I won't get called on it.

Archived