Sanchez sucks.

Sperm Edwards

First, Sanchez sucks.

Second, I agree with you on Ryan, but the Falcons were hellbent on getting him after the Vick prison drama.

Third, all youve been saying about what Sanchez or Brohm wouldve been had they gome out at a given time is pure conjecture.

Fourth, I, on the otherhand, am speaking in facts of where Sanchez was drafted and ranked by teams. I dont care about conjecture four years later and Im certainly not going to engage in it to fit an argument. Sanchez sucks, by was rated highly by teams at the time. It wasnt a Tebow situation where teams gave him 3rd and 4th rpund grades, but McDumbass selected him late in the first..

Brohm was not dropping out of round 1. Matt Ryan didn't wow people with his arm strength at the combine and he went #3 (would have been #2 if we didn't tell StL that the Gholston pick and 2009's #1 wasn't too steep). Brohm's stock had already dropped dramatically before his combine. All I said was that, like Brohm, Sanhez's stock could have plummeted from junior to senior season as well. I fail to see how that is at all controversial.

It is no more conjecture than people who like to say, as though it was irrefutable fact, that had Sanchez stayed in school a year longer or gotten drafted under a different offense, that he would have been anything other than terrible. It is totally baseless, other than a desire by some to bash the franchise in order to make their beloved Sanchez look better than he's earned.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nobody gives a sh*t about Brohm and Louisville. The point is, Rutgers, regardless of your personal opinion on Sanchez then or now, do you agree with those disengenuous posters here who want to rewrite history and claim that teams didnt give Sanchez a first round draft grade?

Who said that?

Nobody gives a sh*t about Brohm and Louisville. The point is, Rutgers, regardless of your personal opinion on Sanchez then or now, do you agree with those disengenuous posters here who want to rewrite history and claim that teams didnt give Sanchez a first round draft grade?

I think the point is more that it's silly to assume that teams weren't considering the inherent risk in drafting him and probably more than a few weren't willing to consider him because of it being too high. This was all over the place prior to that draft and it's also one of the main reasons that Carroll practically begged him to stay.

I think the point is more that it's silly to assume that teams weren't considering the inherent risk in drafting him and probably more than a few weren't willing to consider him because of it being too high. This was all over the place prior to that draft and it's also one of the main reasons that Carroll practically begged him to stay.

Of course they considered it.

As to Carrol, get real. He didnt want Sanchez to stay because of some selfless interest in Sanchez's future. It wasbecause he knew he had one last year to win a national title before NCAA penalties were imposed because of what happened to the program under his watch. Thats why he ended up starting a freshman QB after Sanchez left. Carrol didnt have an adequate replacement for Sanchez.

Of course they considered it.

As to Carrol, get real. He didnt want Sanchez to stay because of some selfless interest in Sanchez's future. It wasbecause he knew he had one last year to win a national title before NCAA penalties were imposed because of what happened to the program under his watch. Thats why he ended up starting a freshman QB after Sanchez left. Carrol didnt have an adequate replacement for Sanchez.

OOOOOHHHH THE INDUCTIVE INFERRENCE GAME!!! THIS IS ALWAYS A BLAST!!!!

Brohm was not dropping out of round 1. Matt Ryan didn't wow people with his arm strength at the combine and he went #3 (would have been #2 if we didn't tell StL that the Gholston pick and 2009's #1 wasn't too steep). Brohm's stock had already dropped dramatically before his combine. All I said was that, like Brohm, Sanhez's stock could have plummeted from junior to senior season as well. I fail to see how that is at all controversial.

It is no more conjecture than people who like to say, as though it was irrefutable fact, that had Sanchez stayed in school a year longer or gotten drafted under a different offense, that he would have been anything other than terrible. It is totally baseless, other than a desire by some to bash the franchise in order to make their beloved Sanchez look better than he's earned.

I dont care about hypotheticals, just what actually happened. The only reason I brpught it up is because of ypur hypothetical. Its irrelevent to my statement of what actually happened. Thats my only point.

Its better than yours because we know that Carroll is an a$$hole and left USC in NCAA hell when he quickly left before the hammer dropped. Instead, we have to believe that out of the goodness of his heart and without an adequate replacement he only wanted Sanchez back because he only cared about Sanchez's future.

that's amusing. how much first hand information is being discussed here ? anyone here in the draft room that day ? part of SC's program ? pete carroll post here ?

lol

Its better than yours because we know that Carroll is an a$$hole and left USC in NCAA hell when he quickly left before the hammer dropped. Instead, we have to believe that out of the goodness of his heart and without an adequate replacement he only wanted Sanchez back because he only cared about Sanchez's future.

You're right. Numerous cases of failure aren't in a college coach's self-interest whatsoever. My bad.

Ignatius, JF80, T0m and DBate in his own anti BG way.

Not really. I'm saying that as "facts" go, you're offering no less conjecture than the rest of us. I can't produce definitive evidence of team grades, and neither can you. (Bad news: columns by guys who don't work for NFL teams don't count.) But given the ample body of evidence on the risks associated with drafting inexperienced QBs, common sense would indicate that opinions of Sanchez's NFL prospects were nowhere near as unanimous as you're arguing.

/semantics FTW

Not really. I'm saying that as "facts" go, you're offering no less conjecture than the rest of us. I can't produce definitive evidence of team grades, and neither can you. (Bad news: columns by guys who don't work for NFL teams don't count.) But given the ample body of evidence on the risks associated with drafting inexperienced QBs, common sense would indicate that opinions of Sanchez's NFL prospects were nowhere near as unanimous as you're arguing.

/semantics FTW

I never never argued unanimity. I'd say multiple teams, perhaps even a majority. The problem for ypu is that there were no reports we can recall saying that certain teams had hom ranked in 2nd, 3rd or worse rounds.

I never never argued unanimity. I'd say multiple teams, perhaps even a majority. The problem for ypu is that there were no reports we can recall saying that certain teams had hom ranked in 2nd, 3rd or worse rounds.

Exactly. Just as the problem for you is that there are no reports you can produce confirming the "multiple teams, perhaps even a majority" theory. See how this works?

Exactly. Just as the problem for you is that there are no reports you can produce confirming the "multiple teams, perhaps even a majority" theory. See how this works?

No, it doesnt. It just means I'll have to do some research to pull up 3 yr old articles to silence you historical rewriters. You guys, of course, make no attempt to support your position.

No, it doesnt. It just means I'll have to do some research to pull up 3 yr old articles to silence you historical rewriters. You guys, of course, make no attempt to support your position.

Whenever you get ahold of actual NFL draft boards from four years ago, we'll be here waiting.

Whenever you get ahold of actual NFL draft boards from four years ago, we'll be here waiting.

Wait, articles discussing what teams think arent enough? You want draft boards? LOL

Youre like David Chappelle in the jury selection skit.

Archived