Sanchez sucks.

Sperm Edwards

I'm so sure. How many terrible games are you allowed in one season. 9 "good" ones as you call them, 5 terrible and 2 mediocre fits your criteria of a good season. But, I'm not so sure you could call that a "good season".

I'm not sure either, but we'll have to see. The main point is that if it is 5 terrible for the season, that wouldve been 4 in first half of season and only 1 terrible in second half. So, at the end of the season we could look at those 4 terrible games as a slump, like in baseball or basketball.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm so sure. How many terrible games are you allowed in one season. 9 "good" ones as you call them, 5 terrible and 2 mediocre fits your criteria of a good season. But, I'm not so sure you could call that a "good season".

It's a good season for Sanchez, and not a good season for a quarterback. That's kind of the problem. Even in his 4th year, we're still coddling the guy. It's like Ted in reverse, the more time that goes on, the more we keep excusing him for convincing Wahlberg to go hang out with Flash Gordon.

Again people, this thread is about Sanchez sucking. You don't see threads about WR drops (not a problem), pass-blocking (not a problem), the running game (problem), our pass rush (not a problem), our slow LB's (problem) our secondary overall (not a problem) our inability to cover TE's (problem), our ST's (not a problem except one lapse) lasting 60+ pages.

Why? Because there's little validity to them. No one problem we have is bigger than our QB. Not by a longshot.

Yes, this thread is about Sanchez sucking, but that doesn't preclude the argument against the idea that Sanchez was 94% responsible for loss, Sparano 3 %, Rex D 2%, and drops 1%.

I'm not sure either, but we'll have to see. The main point is that if it is 5 terrible for the season, that wouldve been 4 in first half of season and only 1 terrible in second half. So, at the end of the season we could look at those 4 terrible games as a slump, like in baseball or basketball.

Sanchez's entire career has been a "slump". His above average performances are the rarity. Meanwhile, the same people who excuse or even praise Sanchez kill guys like Aaron Rodgers for un-Rodgers-like performances.

The only reason Im defending Sanchez today is because I feel he should be. This site here is really the only place I've seen blaming this loss on Sanchez. Twitter, the beat guys have all defended his play yesterday. The San Fran game he should have been benched. He's been more bad than good this season. Yesterday, he played well though. Better than the HOF guy on the other side too. Not that it matters though. Pats executed down the stretch, Jets didnt.

He wasnt perfect, but outside of Aaron Rodgers, no one is.

You think he played well relative to the league-wide level of QB play in the NFL in 2012, or compared to his total body of work? If it's the latter, I'd agree, but if I ignored the fact that it was Mark Sanchez throwing the ball and judged solely based on a single-game performance (against a poor secondary), I wouldn't grade his performance as "good".

I'm not saying that the loss is all on him, but he's culpable to some degree.

Yes, this thread is about Sanchez sucking, but that doesn't preclude the argument against the idea that Sanchez was 94% responsible for loss, Sparano 3 %, Rex D 2%, and drops 1%.

Let me ask you this. If you took every game of Sanchez's career, about how many would you say he was most responsible for victory? About how many would you say he's been the most responsible for the loss? Difficult to answer, I know.

You think he played well relative to the league-wide level of QB play in the NFL in 2012, or compared to his total body of work? If it's the latter, I'd agree, but if I ignored the fact that it was Mark Sanchez throwing the ball and judged solely based on a single-game performance (against a poor secondary), I wouldn't grade his performance as "good".

Meanwhile, Drew Brees threw 4 TD passes yesterday. IN ONE HALF. And all it gets is a shrug from most people; business as usual there.

The Jets were in a position to win the game. Three point lead, 1:30 left, and Rex's D on the field to close it out.

The D didn't put the Jets in position to win at end of the game. They gave up over 100 yds on back-to-back drives in regulation and OT.

rly having the game tied on an insurmountable 3 point lead?!1?!?

its like you guys think its baseball and can pitch a shutout

being down 30 with 1 min left is not being put in a position to win. 1 possesion score FG for tie td for win and we fumble

Of course he is, because they lost. The entire team is culpable. Say we get a strip sack on Brady to close out the game...how do we look at Sanchez's performance then?

10-14 on passes traveling over 10 yards. That's Eli like. There was a lot to build on yesterday I thought. Holmes being gone isnt a bad thing either. Let the kid throw the ball down the field.

rly having the game tied on an insurmountable 3 point lead?!1?!?

its like you guys think its baseball and can pitch a shutout

No, having a 3pt lead with 1:30 left should be insurmountable for a good defense. Rex's D gave that up in 5 pass plays, all 10 yds or longer.

No one is claiming Sanchez is a good QB. He sucks. But Rex and others insists this is a good defense. It's not. It allowed Tannenhill to tie the game too. Just like it did for a bunch of scrub QBs under Rex's reign, including Henne, Hill, and McCoy.

No, having a 3pt lead with 1:30 left should be insurmountable for a good defense. Rex's D gave that up in 5 pass plays, all 10 yds or longer.

No one is claiming Sanchez is a good QB. He sucks. But Rex and others insists this is a good defense. It's not. It allowed Tannenhill to tie the game too. Just like it did for a bunch of scrub QBs under Rex's reign, including Henne, Hill, and McCoy.

I dunno dude, the defense held what was the top offense in the league to 14 pts up till then on the road. I thought they played well and spared it from becoming a blowout tbh. Sanchez's terrible play is what cost us this game, again.

I dunno dude, the defense held what was the top offense in the league to 14 pts up till then on the road. I thought they played well and spared it from becoming a blowout tbh. Sanchez's terrible play is what cost us this game, again.

oh god look at what the cat puked up.

Pats offense isnt the best in the league. They put up 50 on a team we put up 40 on. Really wasnt impressed with them at all, nor Brady.

Brady is on his way down imo, but they clearly are still one of the better offenses in the league and our defense held them to 17pts in regulation. Can't see how people are bitching about the defense when Sanchez played so poorly. You guys grade him like it's the special olympics. He makes a few decent throws and everyone reacts like he's in someway competent. This is no longer a rookie or 2nd year player, this is a QB that we should be expecting to be very good. I'd be surprised if NFL people rated him anything other than bottom 5 at this point. That sack to end the game was inexcusable rookie mistake. You have 4 downs, tuck the ball stupid. What a frustrating guy to watch

The only reason Im defending Sanchez today is because I feel he should be. This site here is really the only place I've seen blaming this loss on Sanchez. Twitter, the beat guys have all defended his play yesterday. The San Fran game he should have been benched. He's been more bad than good this season. Yesterday, he played well though. Better than the HOF guy on the other side too. Not that it matters though. Pats executed down the stretch, Jets didnt.

He wasnt perfect, but outside of Aaron Rodgers, no one is.

If we looked at this game in a complete vacuum I'd probably agree with you, but that's not how it works. The point is that this was just more of what we've been seeing for 4 years now. This was easily one of his best games of the season and yet that still includes one of the ugliest INTs I've ever seen and a game-ending fumble. I can promise you, if he had this same exact game amidst a solid season with multiple other good performances, the reaction would be completely different. There would certainly be some disappointment and criticism, I won't deny that, but nothing like this. The truth is that Sanchez at his best still includes at least a couple of the kind of back-breaking mistakes that you'd hope not to even see out of a rookie. This week wasn't some sort of great ground-breaking evidence about what Sanchez is or isn't as a QB, it was simply further confirmation of what you get with him as your QB and the years worth of evidence would seem to suggest, that's not quite enough.

Brady is on his way down imo, but they clearly are still one of the better offenses in the league and our defense held them to 17pts in regulation. Can't see how people are bitching about the defense when Sanchez played so poorly. You guys grade him like it's the special olympics. He makes a few decent throws and everyone reacts like he's in someway competent. This is no longer a rookie or 2nd year player, this is a QB that we should be expecting to be very good. I'd be surprised if NFL people rated him anything other than bottom 5 at this point. That sack to end the game was inexcusable rookie mistake. You have 4 downs, tuck the ball stupid. What a frustrating guy to watch

I dont know what game you were watching then. 10-14 on passes over 10 yards is very good. 16-20 and a TD in the second half. 95 yard td drive. Those are good numbers. Steve Hill makes a gimme catch and the Jets win the game.

Overall, Sanchez isnt any good. Yesterday, he played well. One of these days our defense will close out a game with a turnover or a stop.

It's a good season for Sanchez, and not a good season for a quarterback. That's kind of the problem. Even in his 4th year, we're still coddling the guy. It's like Ted in reverse, the more time that goes on, the more we keep excusing him for convincing Wahlberg to go hang out with Flash Gordon.

It's an organizational disease. We made the AFCCG twice, so we must be a half-step from a Super Bowl. Last year's 8-5 start was the rule, and the 0-3 meltdown was the exception, so if we replace Schottenheimer with Sparano and keep everything else about the offense the same, we'll be fine. Sanchez has been good in the playoffs, so we can safely disregard his execrable play otherwise.

The biggest problem with yesterday's game is that it resets the Sanchez doomsday clock yet again. If he goes out and sh*ts the bed against the Fins and Seahawks, the Florham Park brain trust will just shrug and say "ya but he put us in a position to beat the Pats u guyses so we must be like thisclose to winning the division!!!1!1" It's the attitude that led to the Sanchez extension and the Tebow trade and the utter lack of attention paid to the OL and linebackers, and it's the attitude that's going to get Sanchez and Sparano and Tannenbaum another year here. Bully.

If we looked at this game in a complete vacuum I'd probably agree with you, but that's not how it works. The point is that this was just more of what we've been seeing for 4 years now. This was easily one of his best games of the season and yet that still includes one of the ugliest INTs I've ever seen and a game-ending fumble. I can promise you, if he had this same exact game amidst a solid season with multiple other good performances, the reaction would be completely different. There would certainly be some disappointment and criticism, I won't deny that, but nothing like this. The truth is that Sanchez at his best still includes at least a couple of the kind of back-breaking mistakes that you'd hope not to even see out of a rookie. This week wasn't some sort of great ground-breaking evidence about what Sanchez is or isn't as a QB, it was simply further confirmation of what you get with him as your QB and the years worth of evidence would seem to suggest, that's not quite enough.

I think like this sometimes. Then I watch other games and I see a ton of extremely stupid mistakes by most of these guys. Eli in particular because I watch at least 12 Giants games a season. He's not the only guy making horrid throws and bad decisions. The problem is this team relies on him minimizing them.

The biggest problem with yesterday's game is that it resets the Sanchez doomsday clock yet again. If he goes out and sh*ts the bed against the Fins and Seahawks, the Florham Park brain trust will just shrug and say "ya but he put us in a position to beat the Pats u guyses so we must be like thisclose to winning the division!!!1!1"

and if he goes out and does awesome against the Fins the bashers will say what do you expect they are a bad team (like the colts)

I place more of the blame on the coaches than I do the players for the schematic strategy they chose to employ that last drive. You can't have a 3 man rush (when your DL can't win one-on-one matchups and can't generate a pass rush on its own) beat Brady, unless the 3 guys are Reggie White, Deacon Jones and Demarcus Ware. He will find the soft spot on the D if given enough time, which is what he did. He was the usual Brady statue back there with a 3 man rush. They played it safe and it ended up being the most risky part of the game. It wreaked of playing not to lose and it led to them eventually losing.

Sanchez sucks, but come on, CTM, the Rex D allowed the same thing to happen with Tannenhill. They had the lead late, very late in this game, and couldn't hold it. In 5 pass plays of 10+ yds each, they gave it up.

I think like this sometimes. Then I watch other games and I see a ton of extremely stupid mistakes by most of these guys. Eli in particular because I watch at least 12 Giants games a season. He's not the only guy making horrid throws and bad decisions. The problem is this team relies on him minimizing them.

ELi made a horrific throw yesterday. Difference is the Giants don't act like a turnover is the end of the world. Its a passing league. Interceptions happen.

What really bugged me was the Jets taking their sweet time down two scores....running the play clock down to 2 on every play with like 6 minutes left.

I place more of the blame on the coaches than I do the players for the schematic strategy they chose to employ that last drive.

When it comes to the D, I blame Rex most above all. He's the defensive genius. He's the one who decides to have Eric Smith be your last line of defense against Tim Tebow. Who puts Harris or Pace on Gronk. Who calls for prevent D at end of yesterday's game, 3 man rush and zone.

The only reason why the D played "well" as ZombieCTM says is because Smith was hurt.

I dont know what game you were watching then. 10-14 on passes over 10 yards is very good. 16-20 and a TD in the second half. 95 yard td drive. Those are good numbers. Steve Hill makes a gimme catch and the Jets win the game.

Overall, Sanchez isnt any good. Yesterday, he played well. One of these days our defense will close out a game with a turnover or a stop.

The horrible fumble to end the game, the panic'd hand off leading to the safety, the numerous off mark passes that were complete but with with YAC left on the field and the horrific red zone INT say otherwise. That INT was a late read, and 10 yards under thrown, it was terrible.

Remember the context please, NE is one of the the worst pass defenses in football. Russell Wilson, an unheralded rookie, torched them for 3 TD's, 0 INT's, 300 yards and over a 10 YPA just the week before. He played better than Sanchez by any metric

Sanchez was bad yesterday, and his play went a long way towards us losing the game.

It's an organizational disease. We made the AFCCG twice, so we must be a half-step from a Super Bowl. Last year's 8-5 start was the rule, and the 0-3 meltdown was the exception, so if we replace Schottenheimer with Sparano and keep everything else about the offense the same, we'll be fine. Sanchez has been good in the playoffs, so we can safely disregard his execrable play otherwise.

The biggest problem with yesterday's game is that it resets the Sanchez doomsday clock yet again. If he goes out and sh*ts the bed against the Fins and Seahawks, the Florham Park brain trust will just shrug and say "ya but he put us in a position to beat the Pats u guyses so we must be like thisclose to winning the division!!!1!1" It's the attitude that led to the Sanchez extension and the Tebow trade and the utter lack of attention paid to the OL and linebackers, and it's the attitude that's going to get Sanchez and Sparano and Tannenbaum another year here. Bully.

I'm telling you, it's amazing how off the comment I made yesterday was. I thought it would take a good year for people to look at that box score, completely forgetting how bad he was yesterday. It's taken literally a day. The entire first half? Forgotten. The game-losing fumble? Forgotten. All that matters is how he played within one window of one part of a game because of things like the defense sh*tting the bed and Hill dropping a couple passes. Yes, those matter. But they matter a lot less if the most important guy on the field doesn't do a billion things wrong before and after all those things. Taking sacks and turning a chip shot into a nail biter? Doesn't matter. Launching a ****ing duck up for a pick? Doesn't matter. Game changing turnovers week in and week out don't matter, because he plays well in these temporal windows that are rarely enough to win a game, but they certainly have a tendency to make winning anything that much harder.

ELi made a horrific throw yesterday. Difference is the Giants don't act like a turnover is the end of the world. Its a passing league. Interceptions happen.

What really bugged me was the Jets taking their sweet time down two scores....running the play clock down to 2 on every play with like 6 minutes left.

That was an awful INT by Eli and led to the Giants losing the lead late. But Eli brought them back (he had 1 TD and 2 INTs, both bad) and the D closed it out. Something Rex failed to do.

Sanchez sucks, but come on, CTM, the Rex D allowed the same thing to happen with Tannenhill. They had the lead late, very late in this game, and couldn't hold it. In 5 pass plays of 10+ yds each, they gave it up.

I've long said this was a Revis D, not a Rex D.. Revis goes down makes us a middle of the road defense, and the stats show that. Still, they were OK yesterday, all things considered. Had they been playing a poor offensive team I might think differently, but that's a good offense that is one of the tops in the league statistically now, and I'm sure will be top 5 when the season ends...

Archived