Sanchez sucks.

Sperm Edwards

Yes, Brady dinking and dunking and them running up the score on the Bills makes a fantastic offense.

WHat was Brady's longest completion in the air yesterday? The TD to Gronk? Thats pathetic

Edited by Matt39

I think we all understand that what we want to see is a QB that doesnt cost us a game vs a QB that can actually WIN us a game. Is this the same thought process to be used when we say we want a coaching staff to be more aggressive in the red zone? When it is painfully obvisous that you should NOT throw a slant when its 3rd and about a yard and a half to the endzone when your running game is working? Is it the same thought process to use to say why can't the D make the stop that can win us the game when Sanchez is not perfect or when he is sh*tting the bed? When the ST is not perfect?

Using this type of logic, we should have been able to WIN not one but both AFCCGs that we have played in 2009 and 2010....and conversely then blaming the losses on Sanchez SOLEY.

Its easy to blame everything on Sanchez. Maybe Sanchez is not the answer, but how many drops are we going to have week in and week out? And Rex and staff is getting off way to easy.

The truth is yes Sanchez is a major problem for our Jets.....truth is has the D made a stop when we absolutely needed it to make one? Truth is does our D and ST need to be near perfect to mask our QB's, and coaching staffs shortcomings? the answer is YES.

Of course the lead isnt safe but the defense is supposed to be the staple of this football team. They choked again.

As far as the stats go, that offense isnt that good. Our defense is just slow.

We need all new LBs, we still struggle against TEs, but everyone struggles against TEs.

I edited my previous post to add, "would you sign up for the defense allowing 17 points against the Pats?" we can make myopic arguments about what we would take all day, doesn't change reality.

From mistakes made on defense, special teams, aaand offense.

The witch hunting ilk would have you believe it's all on Sanchez. It's petty, vindictive, and an insult to anyone who watched the game.

so says the guy who bases wins entirely on the QB. Stop contradicting yourself and despise CTM with me some more.

Yesterday, yeah, it'd be nice to see you getting on Rex's defense choking again in a big spot. Especially when our QB for once had nice success throwing the ball down the field and sustaining drives.

Oh, I can promise you there were plenty of expletives being muttered in my home in the direction of the defense at the end of that game. The difference is, the defense isn't one person playing the most important position in football who's been doing this same thing for 4 years now, and I didn't see anyone rushing onto JN to let everyone know why the defense was completely blameless just because they weren't the only ones who didn't play perfectly. I think we can also agree with 100% certainty that there will not only be changes made throughout the defense this coming offseason, but there already have been some this season when consider the changes they've made to the lineup and reps of certain players in recent weeks. The same cannot be said for the QB position.

We need all new LBs, we still struggle against TEs, but everyone struggles against TEs.

I edited my previous post to add, "would you sign up for the defense allowing 17 points against the Pats?" we can make myopic arguments about what we would take all day, doesn't change reality.

Reality is, yesterday was a team loss. Just like if the defense were to get a stop there, it would have been a team win.

Oh, I can promise you there were plenty of expletives being muttered in my home in the direction of the defense at the end of that game. The difference is, the defense isn't one person playing the most important position in football who's been doing this same thing for 4 years now, and I didn't see anyone rushing onto JN to let everyone know why the defense was completely blameless just because they weren't the only ones who didn't play perfectly. I think we can also agree with 100% certainty that there will not only be changes made throughout the defense this coming offseason, but there already have been some this season when consider the changes they've made to the lineup and reps of certain players in recent weeks. The same cannot be said for the QB position.

Yesterday was a big step for a lot of the younger guys as much as ppl dont want to talk about moral victories...

the defense made some mistakes but played well enough to win.

What I don't understand is how it's becoming a bit of a habit that he gets mixed up with Woodhead over the past 3 or so matchups. Belichick's done a heck of a job moving things around so he usually gets him matched up with a ILB. it happened yesterday with Davis a few times. In the huge route up in Foxboro several years back he was doing the same thing to Scott. 10 times out of 10 Brady is going to burn you from the outset with those little dinks to him. I get that you have to keep Cro and Wilson on Gronk and Lloyd to prevent the big plays, but we have to get safeties good enough in short coverage for that stuff.

May have been by design. Davis is fast. He is inexperienced, but I don't think they are afraid to have him cover a back. I also don't think they can afford to sit in one coverage. Mixing it up is what keeps the Pats guessing. When Davis was stuck on Welker is when I was pissed because Davis was obviously calling for help, but didn't get it and it seemed from his reaction that it wasn't intended in the scheme. They used Bell on the TEs a bunch and he and Landry did a fairly good job.

What does "well enough to win" mean? Because, he obviously didn't, or they would have won. My problem with well enough to win is that for Sanchez, it means everything else needs to be perfect. To be equally myopic, the defense played significantly better than the average against the Pats, regardless of when the points came.

Would you sign up for a 3 point lead with 1:20 left is also a question with too many variables. Based on what I thought this game would look like, I would have signed up for that. However, playing against the best offense in the league (statistically) who has the worst pass defense (statistically), I'd say that's a lot of time and would not feel that that lead is safe at all and I'd wished the offense had done more.

Again, to be myopic, would you sign up for the Jets defense allowing 17 points in regulation to the league leading offense of the Pats?

I don't see how you take the team having to be perfect to win from this game. There were about 30 miscues made by different players without ANY one of which we would have won. Hill catches that easy pass? Done deal. They don't give up the kick return - overzealous Davis, McIntyre unable to close the gap, Folk sh*tting the bed and letting McCorty get outside? We win. Cromartie catches that INT in his hands? No PI. Greene doesn't fumble/Slauson doesn't get mauled? There were a ton of plays that cost them this game. Sanchez was a factor in plenty, but FAR from all of them.

Edited by #27TheDominator

But the reality besides Sanchez' suckage is that Rex D can't close out games. When was the last time they won a game with the D on the field and a 7 point lead or less? It happened at least 5 times in 2010 and Rex's D blew the lead everytime. Happened against Tebow last year.

i think most bashers would point to the entirety of his body of work and rest their case,... it's not pretty

I knew it would only be a matter of time before the recent events drove you back here. It's just like the old days. As you can see, SMC still needs to relearn his way, as he's once again been blinded by the dark side, but it's ok, there's plenty of new allies this time around.

Reality is, yesterday was a team loss. Just like if the defense were to get a stop there, it would have been a team win.

The blame game is mostly irrelevant. A lot of plays go into one game. The issue at hand is if the Jets should go forward with Sanchez, or if they should not.

There hasn't been anything I've seen in year 4 that makes me think he merits his draft status, his salary, or his position as unchallenged starter. I don't really know how there can be a strong argument made to the contrary.

From mistakes made on defense, special teams, aaand offense.

The witch hunting ilk would have you believe it's all on Sanchez. It's petty, vindictive, and an insult to anyone who watched the game.

It sure helps to fabricate a position to argue against, huh?

So to be clear, are you suggesting that just as long as Sanchez isn't the sole reason for a Jets' defeat, that qualifies as an acceptable performance from him?

The blame game is mostly irrelevant. A lot of plays go into one game. The issue at hand is if the Jets should go forward with Sanchez, or if they should not.

There hasn't been anything I've seen in year 4 that makes me think he merits his draft status, his salary, or his position as unchallenged starter. I don't really know how there can be a strong argument made to the contrary.

ok then we draft another guy....im fine with that.

It came out wrong as I reread my post. I was implying regardless of stats...

I kind of agree. The fact they added a running game makes them better than last year but they still suffer from never adequately replacing Moss. They have nobody that is explosive that can take the top off a defense. Teams can easily make them a dink and dunk team. Unfortunately, Brady is so deadly that it doesnt really matter...they still score and move the chains almost at will.

I kind of agree. The fact they added a running game makes them better than last year but they still suffer from never adequately replacing Moss. They have nobody that is explosive that can take the top off a defense. Teams can easily make them a dink and dunk team. Unfortunately, Brady is so deadly that it doesnt really matter...they still score and move the chains almost at will.

Seattle and Arizona gave them problems with their speed.

So to be clear, are you suggesting that just as long as Sanchez isn't the sole reason for a Jets' defeat, that qualifies as an acceptable performance from him?

Pac's the worst. Can't believe he's my partner in crime vs. the new evil infesting this board.

I don't see how you take the team having to be perfect to win from this game. There were about 30 miscues made by different players without ANY one of which we would have won. Hill catches that easy pass? Done deal. They don't give up the kick return - overzealous Davis, McIntyre unable to close the gap, Folk sh*tting the bed and letting McCorty get outside? We win. Cromartie catches that INT in his hands? No PI. Greene doesn't fumble/Slauson doesn't get mauled? There were a ton of plays that cost them this game. Sanchez was a factor in plenty, but FAR from all of them.

I realize Sanchez wasn't a factor in all the bad plays, but that is kind of exactly the point. Perfect is a hyperbolic word, but ultimately the team also "played well enough to win" if this is the argument we want to make. The awful villianous defense only gave up 17 against the highest rated offense. We couldn't even come close to duplicating Russel Wilson's effort the week before on offense.

Yep. Figured if the Jets had a great day I'd be happy anyways, so why not? I felt sick watching that kick return TD knowing it was helping my fantasy team. Never. Again.

Exactly. I kind of thought it was a no lose situation. Either I get to see a Jets win or get some serious help in fantasy football. The only way I get neither is if we ended up seeing some big time shootout which the Jets lost, but come on, let's be honest... that was never going to happen.

But the reality besides Sanchez' suckage is that Rex D can't close out games. When was the last time they won a game with the D on the field and a 7 point lead or less? It happened at least 5 times in 2010 and Rex's D blew the lead everytime. Happened against Tebow last year.

They're old and slow, and I hope we completely revamp the LB position next year. Still, they're probably above average and over the course of a game they usually keep it tight. Would be nice if we could run out the clock on offense once in a while too.

Not absolving the D of any blame, they blew an opportunity. However, the game in totality, the Jets offense did worse than the average against the Pats defense and the Jets defense did better than the average against the Pats offense.

That's rich coming from the side of fence where straw mans are thrown around with regularity.

I'm suggesting that going 16-20 (should have been 18-20) for 190 yards in the 2nd half is more than adequate.

Seattle and Arizona gave them problems with their speed.

The Jets gave them problems.

The Jets held the Pats to 17 pts in regulation. That would be their lowest of the season. They held them to their lowest yardage outing of the year too, including overtime.